Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

24 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

On the subject of stereotypical English fans, this view that England football fans are the worst in the world.

Maybe they were in the 70s/80s but now you have Argentinians attacking team coaches, Portuguese beating up their own team, Greek fans throwing petrol bombs at Dutch fans, Italian fans stabbing each other and then of course the Russians.

Yeah there's a fair few wrong'uns following England but absolutely nothing close the scale of many other nations.

Don’t forget the impressive Italians who managed to throw a Moped  from the top tier of the stands ... I mean that takes way more energy than singing about world war 2 bombers 

47 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

On the subject of stereotypical English fans, this view that England football fans are the worst in the world.

Maybe they were in the 70s/80s but now you have Argentinians attacking team coaches, Portuguese beating up their own team, Greek fans throwing petrol bombs at Dutch fans, Italian fans stabbing each other and then of course the Russians.

Yeah there's a fair few wrong'uns following England but absolutely nothing close the scale of many other nations.

Oh I dunno.. Leaving VP on Friday night, the first thing I saw when leaving the DE Stand was a small bunch of leaving Sheff fans walk up to some goading Villa fans and punch one of of them square in the beak.. 

It's just that small vocal minority of football fans who think I wanna hear that they disprove of Neil Taylor every time he receives a pass. Bell ends.

37 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Oh I dunno.. Leaving VP on Friday night, the first thing I saw when leaving the DE Stand was a small bunch of leaving Sheff fans walk up to some goading Villa fans and punch one of of them square in the beak.. 

It's just that small vocal minority of football fans who think I wanna hear that they disprove of Neil Taylor every time he receives a pass. Bell ends.

I'm not sure that's even remotely close to the examples Wainy gave tbf :)

Yes i agree there are good and bad in every country and their sports followers. 

As far as england rugby and football fans are concerned,  the only problem i have is with those with the arrogant "we invented the world, empire-loving, dress up as sword wielding knights in chainmail or glorify 2 world wars" types. I imagine that's who would get up the noses of most other nations' fans. From what other VTers on here have said, some the cricket "barmy" army are words removed for some reason, like a cliquey closed society.

• Like 1

The only time I ever saw my Dad threaten anyone with violence was an English Rugby fan at Twickenham in 1980. He just got fed up of the anti-Welsh vitriol coming out of the dickheads mouth and threatened to shove his big fat cigar right down his throat if he didn't shut up. My Dad was not a violent man.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Yes i agree there are good and bad in every country and their sports followers. 

As far as england rugby and football fans are concerned,  the only problem i have is with those with the arrogant "we invented the world, empire-loving, dress up as sword wielding knights in chainmail or glorify 2 world wars" types. I imagine that's who would get up the noses of most other nations' fans. From what other VTers on here have said, some the cricket "barmy" army are words removed for some reason, like a cliquey closed society.

We didn't invent the world , we just civilised it ...   and forced Queens music on it  in revenge once the ungrateful swines turned their back on us

People who use hand gestures on photos, whether it be 2 fingers held sideways (maybe like a gun sometimes), thumb and little finger (the hand phone), 2 fingers + little finger (2 in the pink, one in the stink?).  Why?  I assume it's come from gang culture (I dunno why, I just see a lot of Wrappers (yes, wrappers) do it, like Little John, Snoopy Dog, Big Jim, MC Screwloose, JLR and HSBC). 

Footballers do it all the time.  

But random fellas on the internet do it.  It makes them look like super nerds and it irritates me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

fellas on the internet do it.  It makes them look like super nerds and it irritates me. 

While using the internets you're finding nerds, right? Nerds! on the internet!  What's the world coming to? Dreadful. Sorry for your pain.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, blandy said:

While using the internets you're finding nerds, right? Nerds! on the internet!  What's the world coming to? Dreadful. Sorry for your pain.

Thank you for the laughing emoji "like" @blandy

(I'm going to thank people who like my shit posts from now on). 

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

Thank you for the laughing emoji "like" @blandy

(I'm going to thank people who like my shit posts from now on). 

You're welcome. It was for the mention of the wrappers JLR and HSBC - I'm gonna be digging out some of their bangin' tunes fo sho - I want to stay down with da kidz. People complaining about hand jestures are the ideal source for new trends to follow in a shallow manner.

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

The amount of people who think they're 'fitness' experts because they have some Instagram followers and regularly take pics with virtually no clothes on and in the same ridiculous poses. Pathetic.

I saw a tweet from a fitness expert and self-confessed 'biohacker' (wtf?) about how vaccines definitely cause autism and how we shouldn't believe places like snopes for our news (I don't) (but should presumably believe him instead).

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

I saw a tweet from a fitness expert and self-confessed 'biohacker' (wtf?) about how vaccines definitely cause autism and how we shouldn't believe places like snopes for our news (I don't) (but should presumably believe him instead).

"Biohacker" is completely indicative of someone trying their upmost to be different on social media. 

I guarantee he/she has done that because they didn't want to use the word "gym/fitness instructor".  He/she probably believes that title is beneath them - hence why anyone call Executive now, is just a **** salesman. 

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

"Biohacker" is completely indicative of someone trying their upmost to be different on social media. 

I guarantee he/she has done that because they didn't want to use the word "gym/fitness instructor".  He/she probably believes that title is beneath them - hence why anyone call Executive now, is just a **** salesman.

I looked up biohacker and it seems to be someone who alters their body with implants.  That's cyborgee stylee, as opposed to chicken fillet tits and a gob full of botulism.

6 minutes ago, BOF said:

These guys are just at the level of your average idiot PT at your local gym, no real knowledge of nutrition science, no knowledge of sports science, no knowledge of biochemistry, no real knowledge of anything. The problem is that the cause a lot of harm since they are 'influencers' and actually hold some level of sway among their audience.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Heard a Radio 4 feature the other day about the anti-vaccination nonsense, and they had a doctor and a research scientist explaining in the clearest possible way why vaccination is not harmful, and how dangerous not vaccinating is. The presenter then said they'd had phone calls from listeners claiming that the programme was 'unbalanced', and how they should give equal time to the 'other side of the debate'. FFS. 

Brilliant :lol:  Yes, after the break we interview a homeopath who doesn't think the doctor or the research scientist are correct.

• Like 4

Â