Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Break dancing is going to be an Olympic sport. 

They're called the Olympic *Games ;) As far as I'm concerned, so long as a dancing horse is included then anything human is fair game :) (and no I'm not a fan of break dancing)

4 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

The amount of people growing beards, but shit beards. If you can’t grow a proper beard, then don’t grow one at all. It looks shit. 

It's possible that you aren't their target market.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

The amount of people growing beards, but shit beards. If you can’t grow a proper beard, then don’t grow one at all. It looks shit. 

Probably describes mine. Thing is, it's not a fashion statement as much as a sign that I find shaving totally tiresome. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Probably describes mine. Thing is, it's not a fashion statement as much as a sign that I find shaving totally tiresome. 

Same here, it grows to a length that irritates me, then I get the hair clippers out and zuzz it off. Usually takes about ten days, then repeat the cycle.

I will properly shave if I am attending an event that I feel necessitates it. I go through about 1 razor blade a year.

• Like 1

I think of my facial fuzz as being more like long stubble than a proper beard. The settings on my clippers are about 3.8mm on my face and about 2.8mm on my neck. I try and blend it in with my grade 1 hair cut. It is a fashion thing for me, prompted by going thin on top. The hair had to go, but my face is marginally more interesting with facial hair than being clean shaven.

I always get rid of the hair under my lip, it bugs the hell out of me, can’t understand how men like having a soul patch.

Edited by Shropshire Lad
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I think of my facial fuzz as being more like long stubble than a proper beard. The settings on my clippers are about 3.8mm on my face and about 2.8mm on my neck. I try and blend it in with my grade 1 hair cut. It is a fashion thing for me, prompted by going thin on top. The hair had to go, but my face is marginally more interesting with facial hair than being clean shaven.

I always get rid of the hair under my lip, it bugs the hell of me, can’t understand how men like having a soul patch.

Basically this but blended with a 0.5 grade cut.  Groomed and gorgeous, baby.  Groomed and gorgeous.

• Like 1

bunked off work yesterday and took the kids out for the day  , stopped off at the Sea front and had fish and chips and killed time putting 2ps into those machines that magically turn a large pile of 2ps into a small pile of 2ps

but gambling the kids pocket money away isn't  why 'm here ..I purchased an assortment of flavours of sticks of rock  and today I'm munching my way through them 

the gin and tonic flavour doesn't taste like G&T and the pizza flavour one tastes nothing like Pizza ... if the fish and chip flavour one doesn't taste like fish and chips I fear I might be writing to my MP or something

8 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I approve of a lot of the shit beards I see because they help hide even shittier faces.

6 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Splashed out about £10 for peppermint shaving cream and it's the dog's danglies. Can't beat a wet shave with a good quality razor.

Yes, it's quite a refreshing novelty when you get rid of the beard and go back to shaving. Then when you have to keep doing it day after day it turns back into a complete ballsache, and you go back to the beard. 

• Like 2

I’m currenlty in Florida doing the Disney parks with the kids. My wife and I visited about 14 years ago (pre-kids) and have been looking forward to bringing bringing the little ones (8&6). 

Its mental busy, really does suck the enjoyment of it all. We came in Spring Break last time but it’s far busier now (we were told it’s a great time to come as it’s quieter). 

Its absolutely heaving. Queue to get your bag checked, queue to get the monorail, queue to get into the park, queue to take a piss, queue to get some massively overpriced lunch then have nowhere to sit.

Kids aren’t really feeling the love and I can’t blame them, standing in the baking 32 degree sun for 50 mins to spin around for 90 seconds on a ride isn’t really anybodies idea of fun.

We spend a bomb on Disney park tickets and they are far happier playing in the hotel pool.

I won’t be rushing back.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Yes, it's quite a refreshing novelty when you get rid of the beard and go back to shaving. Then when you have to keep doing it day after day it turns back into a complete ballsache, and you go back to the beard. 

I'm naturally quite skinny, so whenever I shave mine, my face looks so gaunt like I've just been liberated from somewhere nasty and I immediately go back to not shaving again.  I have got a bit better at trimming it recently but even then it's a chore.

Â