Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Just now, mottaloo said:

You're a mere green boy IIRC ? Isn't there a papa johns pretty much next door to the domino place....between the petrol station and that Italian restaurant ?

Nah that's called "Joe's" or something. Maybe it was Papa John's once upon a time but it must have been a while.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I tried a Papa Johns for the first time the other week and I didn’t think it was half as good as Dominos or Pizza Hut. 

I was glad I didn’t like it because isn’t the owner supposed to be a big ole racist trumper?

Was that the one in Halesowen?  If so, it's had bad reviews so I've not been there yet.

I first had a Papa Johns in a Haven holiday park last year when I went away with some friends, and they were ****' delicious.  I wanted one from there, but after reading the google reviews like "this is nothing like normal papa johns, stay clear" etc, I thought **** it. 

A good one by us is Number 1 pizza in Halesowen (on the same row of shops as the Weatherspoons). 

21 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I always preferred  Dominos. As much for that delicious garlic and crack dip as the pizza itself.

That dip is sublime! 

22 hours ago, mottaloo said:

You're a mere green boy IIRC ? Isn't there a papa johns pretty much next door to the domino place....between the petrol station and that Italian restaurant ?

As @Stevo985 said its called Joe's and has been there the 11 years i've been in Mere Green. 

Not sure how it survives... never seems anyone in there while Dominos next door is packed. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Pizza Co?

Is that the name of the place? They're just down from the Deaf Institute if I'm thinking of the right place.

Was just a (attempt) at humour - they're all full of bloody students anyway!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, blandy said:

Is that the name of the place? They're just down from the Deaf Institute if I'm thinking of the right place.

Was just a (attempt) at humour - they're all full of bloody students anyway!

Yeah, just at the top of Oxford Road by Man Met Uni.

I knew you were being a contrary madam because nothing rivals Popolino's 😁

• Haha 1

I'm having a hard time staying positive about things lately, worse than usual. Trump, Venezuela, Brexit, the f*cked up weather...maybe I've got the winter blues, but holy hell, things are bad

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I'm having a hard time staying positive about things lately, worse than usual. Trump, Venezuela, Brexit, the f*cked up weather...maybe I've got the winter blues, but holy hell, things are bad

Bit of a random post, but I like your location. I'd never heard of Abenaki before. I love reading up on Lakota Sioux culture and philosophy.

Their sense of community and principles are something to aspire towards and always gives me hope for people.

Those two peoples might be very different, I wouldn't know. Native Americans makes me think of Lakota people and they always cheer me up.

PDRs - personal development review things. I **** HATE THEM. 

I've just been asked to fill out a new form ahead of a 1-2-1 in a few minutes, and they just ask the most inane questions. It always makes me feel uncomfortable, though I think I've literally done a Keith from the Office. 

Under what do you think you've done well, I've simply put 'my job'. Tempted to copy and paste a list of the job "attributes" they list when advertising the role. Such a **** horseshit thing to do. Certainly with the **** mundane dull work I currently do. Trying to polish the turd that is my daily routine is embarrassing,

• Like 1

my PDR was a joke this year, they hadnt done one for nearly 3 years, a head in HR rolled because of it, my line manager was too busy, my director was too busy so my MD did it, he's a great guy and possibly the best gauger of staff happiness i've ever met but he's detached from what i actually do there, talked to me for about 30 mins ticked the box, wrote down what i said i wanted to do, what training i wanted etc none of that's happened, my line manager said no

Reviews and appraisals are basically pointless if they're just done as a token exercise. Or done by managers who haven't got a clue.

The girl who sits opposite me at work came out of her objective setting review with her line manager yesterday and counted her objectives. She'd been given 47 of them.

Moronic.

• Like 1

Â