Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

55 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

I'm presuming you want Sky TV here, but if you did then surely you can have their broadband, via a dish ? I realise it'll mean lining rupert murdoch's pockets but at least it could provide an alternative choice to BT ?

Sky Internet comes via BT I think?

I don't think the internet comes via the dish

I'm going to have to accept that I can't eat Domino's anymore.

Yesterday did my yearly tradition of pizza and Royal Rumble and I was on the bog within 30 minutes and again all day today.  No even the hottest vindaloo does that to me!

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Sky Internet comes via BT I think?

I don't think the internet comes via the dish

Ah ok.....i know my sky router connects to the BT telephone line but then again, any company's router uses their phone port. I just thought i remembered the sky bloke telling me that he had to connect the router via a cable that hooks up to the dish.......but......I think you're right

6 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Yesterday did my yearly tradition of pizza and Royal Rumble and I was on the bog within 30 minutes and again all day today.  No even the hottest vindaloo does that to me!

Lactose intolerant maybe?

Dominos do a vegan pizza

That's not a "OMG you should go vegan!" suggestion. I just mean there's a non dairy alternative if you have an intolerance.

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Lactose intolerant maybe?

Dominos do a vegan pizza

That's not a "OMG you should go vegan!" suggestion. I just mean there's a non dairy alternative if you have an intolerance.

Don't think so, I consume a fair amount of cheese, milk and butter generally.

The jalapenos and grease probably don't help but it's still been a pretty disproportionate amount of time on the bog.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Ah ok.....i know my sky router connects to the BT telephone line but then again, any company's router uses their phone port. I just thought i remembered the sky bloke telling me that he had to connect the router via a cable that hooks up to the dish.......but......I think you're right

I ordered a domino's in the pub last night off the app. Partly to make me leave the pub and partly because I was bloody starving.

I'd timed it just right as we both arrived at my front door at exactly the same time. 

Small victories or maybe one for the  boring thread.

• Like 3

I find Domino's to be the greasiest possible option for pizza.  They're also the most expensive of the fast food pizzas, short of going for a local artisan rip-off merchant.  They really are a triumph of marketing over product.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BOF said:

I find Domino's to be the greasiest possible option for pizza.  They're also the most expensive of the fast food pizzas, short of going for a local artisan rip-off merchant.  They really are a triumph of marketing over product.

Maybe so in your neck of the woods but a Domino's over here is around €9 for a large pizza. Although I agree with you on the greasy part.

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Dont many other providers use the BT lines anyway? I used Talk Talk, but it was still the BT line.

Only Virgin doesn't use BT. Everything else comes via the BT line

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Second that, last two times I've had Domino's and been on the toilet not long after.

Second time I was throwing up like no tomorrow.

Sacked them off and I'm now a Papa John's bitch.

So far so good  :thumb:

3 hours ago, JB said:

Moving house so called our internet providers to arrange a switch. Told me that they don’t cover the area and that BT have purchased exclusive rights to provision there (new build estate). Contact BT who quote me several prices far higher than what I’m currently paying. Tell them repeatedly that I don’t need superfast fibre before they decide to let me know that that’s all they’re able to provide in that location.

It’s really **** me off. I want to refuse their services out of principle but if I do that then I get no internet at home. I’m being forced to pay for a service I don’t want from a company I don’t want to use. Housing developers are greedy, greedy words removed. Such practices shouldn’t be legal.

In new build developments, both BT and Virgin tend to have the relevant infrastructure? Unless Virgin are your existing provider and they don't cover it. Then you will need a BT line, however your internet provider can be anyone who provides access from a BT line (ie Sky, Talk Talk, BT themselves, Plusnet [although they are also part of BT])

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Far cheaper to collect. £25 for delivery or 2 for £10 collection! Luckily there is one 30 seconds up the road from me so I always collect. 

Limit myself to a couple of them a year otherwise i'd resemble Billy Bunter.

35 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Those Chicagotown frozen 'takeaway' pizzas taste almost the same and cost about £3.  I've never shat myself after one (yet).

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think they're even close.

Nothing beats a Dominos for me. They're my favourite. Expensive but there's always a deal on that means you get 2 for 1 or some sort of meal deal.

I don't shit myself after them either :D 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Papa John's pisses over all the branded takeaway pizza offerings.

Never had one. I don't think there is one in Sutton.

Kingsbury Road, Erdington is probably the closest and that is a fair drive away. 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Kingsbury Road, Erdington is probably the closest and that is a fair drive away. 

I use the one in Hamstead. Always excellent.

31 minutes ago, Xela said:

You're a mere green boy IIRC ? Isn't there a papa johns pretty much next door to the domino place....between the petrol station and that Italian restaurant ?

Â