Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He definitely hams it up now. I absolutely adored Pilkington before An Idiot Abroad, but I just never really enjoyed those shows or anything he's done after that (apart from Derek, he's brilliant in that)

But back in the XFM days and most of the Podcast days it was actually him. And he's **** hilarious without even realising. That's why it was so good. he just talked and it was funny. Once he realised he was funny it kind of fell apart.

I remember Tim Lovejoy mentioning his name on his Sunday show a while back saying he was pretty switched on, I seem to remember Iain Lee also saying something similar, I think they both worked under him to a degree back in their radio days so he has clearly always been switched on to some degree.

2 hours ago, BOF said:

As funny as a burning orphanage.

Now that actually is funny.

Once worked in an office with a doddery old woman and she managed to break a window. Not a big deal other than we were on the eleventh floor.

She got all flustered and old maidy. I looked out of the window and announced the glass had imbedded in some disabled orphans and started a fire.

I thought she was going to die. Great days, man, great days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I might have mentioned this before, but always had a dislike of Pilkington in particular, and also the other 2, although I do like The Office. But one year, with this knowledge, my daughter bought me on blueray that series where he travels round the world being a word removed. I asked her if it was a joke. No it wasnt.

He has milked his extremely limited 'talent' to the max. 

The term "side hustle" that I keep seeing. Even on the BBC website. Its not a side hustle, its a second job you words removed and is nothing new. People have been supplementing their income for years. 

Up there with "life hacks"

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

The term "side hustle" that I keep seeing. Even on the BBC website. Its not a side hustle, its a second job you words removed and is nothing new. People have been supplementing their income for years. 

Well I've had a side hustle for 18 years before that my working life was made up entirely of side hustles

17 hours ago, Xela said:

This is what happens when you employ Buzzfeed reading millennials. They should all be gassed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

This is what happens when you employ Buzzfeed reading millennials. They should all be gassed.

Blame Uber for this one, the amount of Uber drivers who describe their "ubering" as a side hustle is very high.

1 minute ago, HanoiVillan said:

A term whose only function is to normalise and even glamourise a shit economy with flatlining wages where slogging your guts out for 40 hours a week on one job still isn't enough to keep the **** lights on. 

No thanks. 

I see lots of Uber drivers, for example, saying things like, Oh it doesn't matter about minimum wage because it's a side hustle. F***ing morons, when they see their accountants, they'll discover they side hustled all year for nothing

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bickster said:

I see lots of Uber drivers, for example, saying things like, Oh it doesn't matter about minimum wage because it's a side hustle. F***ing morons, when they see their accountants, they'll discover they side hustled all year for nothing

I've never used an Uber, so dunno 'bout their intelligence, but I think it's sad that people, whatever they do, have that mentality. It's been brought about and got embedded because of the tories and all this austerity, low wages, gig-economy bollox. It's not their fault that society has become like that - if it's all they've known, they'll know no better, have no higher expectations.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, blandy said:

I've never used an Uber, so dunno 'bout their intelligence, but I think it's sad that people, whatever they do, have that mentality. It's been brought about and got embedded because of the tories and all this austerity, low wages, gig-economy bollox. It's not their fault that society has become like that - if it's all they've known, they'll know no better, have no higher expectations.

'Tis true, I feel sorry for them on that level but they actually have better options to do exactly the same thing and earn some money at the same time. Wherever they are.

• Like 1

The bullring coming to a complete standstill as hundreds, possibly a couple of thousand teenagers try in vain to see a teenage youtube "sensation" open his make up store there.

The pics just beggar belief that so many would flock to - not even meet - try and catch a brief glimpse of the "star's" 30 second appearance as he cuts the ribbon & then legs it.

Apparently, there was a woman who drove down from sheffield the night before so her daughter and friend could get a good position !

The world's gone mad 🙄

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

The bullring coming to a complete standstill as hundreds, possibly a couple of thousand teenagers try in vain to see a teenage youtube "sensation" open his make up store there.

The pics just beggar belief that so many would flock to - not even meet - try and catch a brief glimpse of the "star's" 30 second appearance as he cuts the ribbon & then legs it.

Apparently, there was a woman who drove down from sheffield the night before so her daughter and friend could get a good position !

The world's gone mad 🙄

This could easily have been posted in the things you don’t get thread!!!

just another sign of society becoming more vacuous - the film idiocracy is fast becoming a real life documentary. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

The world's gone mad 🙄

I'd just stop at 'youtuber'. Pretty much all of the most 'popular' ones are garbage individuals pushing garbage 'content', the fact that this can be a 'real job' and a highly paid one at that is crazy. The most disturbing thing about them is that most of them are breaking the laws around advertising to children. I also hope that the tax authorities put their incomes under increasing scrutiny. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

The world's gone mad 🙄

8,000 people they reckon. Insane! I kind of admire the Youtubers themselves for making serious money of the back of things like make-up tutorials, product un-boxings and other such vacuous shit that the general public lap up. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

8,000 people they reckon. Insane! I kind of admire the Youtubers themselves for making serious money of the back of things like make-up tutorials, product un-boxings and other such vacuous shit that the general public lap up. 

Yeah,  I agree that he's obviously a bright kid who's making millions from those gullible enough to swallow it up - you've summed it up perfectly there. I'm just pissed off that a lot of folk turned in to sheep just to see him, even for a few seconds. As far as I can tell, there was nothing on offer; no freebies of his products tossed in the crowd; no competition to win stuff or to meet the lad..........just the remote chance of catching a very brief glimpse of a teenage man wearing makeup, waving a pair of scissors around and they were 10 deep on every floor !

Not to mention the extra police deployed, along with the traffic chaos around the area 😡

20 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

always been the same

4426ab1faa6af955fbbec9dc11ced7cd

random pic, this one happens to be Australia to see the Ruttles arrive, not perform, just arrive

that you include the fact they're a youtuber, probably just dates you

Was gonna say the same. Celebrities have always been a thing. People have always flocked in their thousands to catch a glimpse of them. 

The only difference here is people can’t accept that YouTube fame is a real thing. A lot of these youtubers are a hell of a lot more famous than people who have drawn those kinds of crowds before. 

• Like 1

Â