Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

I blwdi loved X Ray Specs. My rose tinted memory has 'Identity' as one of the very first records I bought.

My dad absolutely hated it, which made it brilliantly electric! 

I think the album was probably in the first ten or so albums I bought

• Like 1

Sleep - why do we need it because I never seem to get any :( Had some really annoying insomnia over the past few days and weeks really, and it's annoying. I try and do the "sleep hygiene" thing etc, things like sleep diaries to analyse what I'm doing beforehand etc. but nope. Feel bloody knackered right now. 

19 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Sleep - why do we need it because I never seem to get any :( Had some really annoying insomnia over the past few days and weeks really, and it's annoying. I try and do the "sleep hygiene" thing etc, things like sleep diaries to analyse what I'm doing beforehand etc. but nope. Feel bloody knackered right now. 

Same here, although I've been putting down to my age. Seems to be very common, and I'm wondering if it's to do with the amount of time we spend on our smartphones. Might be worth an experimental digital detox, purely for that reason. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Same here, although I've been putting down to my age. Seems to be very common, and I'm wondering if it's to do with the amount of time we spend on our smartphones. Might be worth an experimental digital detox, purely for that reason. 

Yes, I keep making nods to it, but I think it might be just doing too much multi-tasking, tv on in background, phone and laptop all out, for too long. The promise of reading more books really ought to motivate me to try and properly detox on the digital life too.

6 hours ago, Rodders said:

I'm the opposite. I reckon I could sleep 18 hours a day like a fat cat! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mjmooney said:

They say you shouldnt look at your phone or tablet for an hour before you want to go to sleep because of the blue light or whatever it's called.  I take nightly tablets to help prevent my migraines and they knock me out good and proper for 8 hours.  I've never slept better than in the past year or so since I've been taking them.

55 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

They say you shouldnt look at your phone or tablet for an hour before you want to go to sleep because of the blue light or whatever it's called.  I take nightly tablets to help prevent my migraines and they knock me out good and proper for 8 hours.  I've never slept better than in the past year or so since I've been taking them.

Most modern phones / tablets have a "night mode" which takes the blue colour out.

My last two phones and all my Chromebooks do this automatically on a timer.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I'm the opposite. I reckon I could sleep 18 hours a day like a fat cat! 

I’m the type who could get up at 12 in the afternoon then be asleep again for 2.00 in the afternoon. I find it easy to sleep, but too much makes me depressed and lethargic. I tend to go bed early and get up early. It suits me much better that way. I enjoy being tired from work and it gives me a nice feeling, but being tired from a night out or just lack of sleep in general I’m such a wimp and can’t handle it. 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Â