Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

6 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

It was the perfect combo of Hosts who didn't care and a slightly edgy station that let them get away with murder because they were bigger than the job.

Some of the shows Ricky is literally swearing and being incredibly offensive at prime time on a Saturday, I'm sure they even acknowledged they were only getting away with because nobody listened. Not a chance in hell that would happen these days.

Yeah, it was 3pm-5pm on a Saturday afternoon I think? It was only the turn of the century which doesn't feel that long ago but today they would be torn to pieces for some of the things they talked about! 

20 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I've got a treat for you then...

From 0:55 until the end

The 'Square Tins' bit is a classic. i love the way Merchant can't get his words out and Gervais is already losing it!

My other favourite Gervais' bits are 'Dear Mr Dilkington...' and this brilliant one 

@Paddywhack

2:30 onwards

3 hours ago, Xela said:

The 'Square Tins' bit is a classic. i love the way Merchant can't get his words out and Gervais is already losing it!

My other favourite Gervais' bits are 'Dear Mr Dilkington...' and this brilliant one 

@Paddywhack

2:30 onwards

Genius. The extra laugh when Steve shows the picture to Karl :D 

Here's Dilkington!

And another Ricky reaction is the famous man-moth incident

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

'When it goes to penalties, it's a lottery'.  Is it my arse.

Yep, that's utter nonsense.

It certainly levels the playing field to an extent. But it's clearly not a lottery at all.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

The semi regular appearance of Pilkington and the other 2 goons on this thread is massively on topic for it.

Because it's something that pisses you off that definitely shouldn't? :P

Edited by Paddywhack
  • Like 1

I might have mentioned this before, but always had a dislike of Pilkington in particular, and also the other 2, although I do like The Office. But one year, with this knowledge, my daughter bought me on blueray that series where he travels round the world being a word removed. I asked her if it was a joke. No it wasnt.

Edited by Seat68

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I might have mentioned this before, but always had a dislike of Pilkington in particular, and also the other 2, although I do like The Office. But one year, with this knowledge, my daughter bought me on blueray that series where he travels round the world being a word removed. I asked her if it was a joke. No it wasnt.

This to the power of this

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

He's on 'that list' of clearings in the woods with morons like James Corden.

I never get the James Corden hate .. I mean he’s clearly a gay man masquerading as straight but that’s not a crime otherwise Tom Cruise would never find work

he seems very enthusiastic in everything he does and that is quite infectious imo when you watch him in anything , don’t think he’s ever done anything offenceive to cause anyone to dislike him ? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

don’t think he’s ever done anything offenceive to cause anyone to dislike him ? 

3 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

he seems very enthusiastic in everything he does

I think you answered your question before you asked it.

If someone like him was in the pub talking to people, I'd up and leave

1 minute ago, bickster said:

I think you answered your question before you asked it.

If someone like him was in the pub talking to people, I'd up and leave

Me too but only when it’s my round :) 

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

First series of An Idiot Abroad was great and a lot of his reactions seemed genuine.

I think after that he just became a parody of himself though.

He definitely hams it up now. I absolutely adored Pilkington before An Idiot Abroad, but I just never really enjoyed those shows or anything he's done after that (apart from Derek, he's brilliant in that)

But back in the XFM days and most of the Podcast days it was actually him. And he's **** hilarious without even realising. That's why it was so good. he just talked and it was funny. Once he realised he was funny it kind of fell apart.

Edited by Stevo985

Â