Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

12 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I went to a gig this year, my favourite band so I knew all of the words to every song.

I could feel someone in front of me being angry I was singing along. **** off.

Singing is absolutely ok.

I've been to gigs where it's almost obligatory.

• Like 3

On 20/10/2018 at 11:29, chrisp65 said:

Never realised it was a point of debate that women can find it more intimidating to walk down a street late at night. Genuinely opened my eyes there on how situations are viewed.

Certainly never seen it suggested before that women don't walk alone at night because they just don't want to or that they have some sort of wrong attitude.

Consider me more informed now than 48 hours ago.

You’ve still never then it because women having a “wrong” attitude wasn’t being suggested here either. 

22 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

The 100s if not 1000s of Villa fans who can't sit through a half of football, sitting in the Holte today I got vexed at the amount of time I was having to stand up to let people walk past, people starting from 20 mins in. Then the sheer amount of people who leave before full time, never used to be like this 10 years ago, people are just words removed these days.

A couple next to me turned up 13 minutes in, left at 40 minutes, got back to their seats 55 minutes in, and left at 80. Is it even worth showing up for about 50 minutes of football?!

7 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I went to a gig this year, my favourite band so I knew all of the words to every song.

I'd be angry at me for singing

On 20/10/2018 at 18:46, Dr_Pangloss said:

The 100s if not 1000s of Villa fans who can't sit through a half of football, sitting in the Holte today I got vexed at the amount of time I was having to stand up to let people walk past, people starting from 20 mins in. Then the sheer amount of people who leave before full time, never used to be like this 10 years ago, people are just words removed these days.

At the expensive cost of a ticket I find it strange that some fans seem happy to miss out on a fivers worth just to get a pie, miss 10 minutes of traffic or because they can't wait a short while to take a leak. Nowt so strange as some folk.

Edited by brommy
can't not can
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

It’s a difficult one for me. Whilst I enjoy a good singalong when the music isn’t live, if I’ve paid to see a band I particularly like, I want to hear them and not my own voice or those surrounding me. I think I might be annoyed if a band I was enjoying live was tainted by karaoke.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brommy said:

At the expensive cost of a ticket I find it strange that some fans seem happy to miss out on a fivers worth just to get a pie, miss 10 minutes of traffic or because they can wait a short while to take a leak. Nowt so strange as some folk.

None of these problems existed with terraces

3 minutes ago, brommy said:

Certainly not having to wait for a leak - I remember being peed on whilst being crushed on the away terrace at Highfield Road!

I remember a bag of piss exploding on a coppers head at Highbury when we won the league 

• Haha 1

On ‎20‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 18:46, Dr_Pangloss said:

100% this. It was drilled in to me at a young age to have a piss before kick off so you wouldn’t miss anything or spoil the game for others.

I’m in the trinity. On Saturday it took 5 minutes from the kick off for someone to decide to wonder down to the concourse! Its not the first that’s happened.

On a similar theme – Early leavers. If you chose to go, just go. Don’t walk half way down the aisle and stop dead because there’s some goalmouth action, or stop in the aisle and talk to your mate for 5 minutes.

• Like 2

There was a steady flow of people leaving from 75 mins. Which just seems completely mad to me, surely the last 20 mins of any game is the most crucial bit. 

My 6 year old daughter asked me about 5 times why everyone was leaving and each time I had no better answer than "I don't know". 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

There was a steady flow of people leaving from 75 mins. Which just seems completely mad to me, surely the last 20 mins of any game is the most crucial bit. 

My 6 year old daughter asked me about 5 times why everyone was leaving and each time I had no better answer than "I don't know". 

I can understand if we're 3 or 4-0 down, but not otherwise. I've never left a game early. But then again, I travel some way so I wanna enjoy every minute of it. I didn't even leave early when we lost 4-1 to manure and NRC and Carson were sent off.

There are stories of Man City fans leaving early at the end of THAT game vs QPR when they won the title.

Which shows that some football fans will leave early regardless of the magnitude of the game.

Still, I'm sure they'll treasure the memory of how they beat the traffic on the M6.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There are stories of Man City fans leaving early at the end of THAT game vs QPR when they won the title.

I hope it haunts them forever. 

Â