Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I leave early, if I want. I tend not to if it's a close game, but if it gets to 90 mins and we're 2+/- then I'll skip extra time if I feel like the tempo has dropped.  The 3-5 mins I leave earlier, will save me upwards of 15 minutes on my journey home to see my family. 

That's worth more to me, in those specific situations.  If it's 0-0, we're winning 1-0 or we're pushing hard to get a goal at 0-1, I'll stay. 

It's a science :lol:  

Value

_____

Time. 

I'm going away in February, same place as I have done for the past god knows how many Februarys.

Last year I waited to book my flights to get them cheap but I got stung and ended up paying through the nose.

This year I set up a price alert and watched it go up to the price I paid last year. They went down 200zl (40 quid) so I pulled the trigger and I was actually pretty happy with myself.

They've gone down another 300zl (60 quid). They're 494zl now which is around 100 quid.

I know I couldn't have predicted it and I got them cheaper than last year but ffs :(

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

Russel Crowe's doing a show on 6 Music, even the trail for the show is pissing me off

Yeah ikwym on the trail.

He does have good musical taste, mind. Heard one he did maybe a year or two ago, and it was good.

6 minutes ago, blandy said:

Yeah ikwym on the trail.

He does have good musical taste, mind. Heard one he did maybe a year or two ago, and it was good.

I'm not even sure why it annoys me, I just end up wanting to shout at it

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm not even sure why it annoys me, I just end up wanting to shout at it

It's too long, he speaks too slowly, the deep tone makes you have to actively listen to understand the words, it's too movie-trailer like, slightly too self-reverential and too short on information.

29 minutes ago, blandy said:

It's too long, he speaks too slowly, the deep tone makes you have to actively listen to understand the words, it's too movie-trailer like, slightly too self-reverential and too short on information.

That's probably exactly it

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I like it when they give Gary Numan a go on the radio every once in a while and he gets an hour to talk about himself and play his own records.

I'm assuming this isn't serious (the liking it bit)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Yes, I was using the non-standard definition of like.

As in, the guy's a boring self serving nihilistic retread with bad taste in music, shit self serving anecdotes and poorly applied eyeliner.

Anyone that marries a fan... is f***ing odd

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

I leave early, if I want. I tend not to if it's a close game, but if it gets to 90 mins and we're 2+/- then I'll skip extra time if I feel like the tempo has dropped.  The 3-5 mins I leave earlier, will save me upwards of 15 minutes on my journey home to see my family. 

That's worth more to me, in those specific situations.  If it's 0-0, we're winning 1-0 or we're pushing hard to get a goal at 0-1, I'll stay. 

It's a science :lol:  

Value

_____

Time. 

Well, do like I do. Stay untill the last whistle is blown, go down the stairs (Singing if we're winning), go to the Holte Suite and have a few beers with Master Rob, and then it's easy to get a cab back to the hotel. Easy. :D 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pelle said:

Well, do like I do. Stay untill the last whistle is blown, go down the stairs (Singing if we're winning), go to the Holte Suite and have a few beers with Master Rob, and then it's easy to get a cab back to the hotel. Easy. :D 

How does the holte suite actually worked, do you need to book?

38 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Hm, actually I'm not quite sure. As I'm from Sweden there's normally no problem for me to get in. Especially as I have a Lion's Club membership. But I think it's first and foremost for ST holders. But I don't think you need to book anything.

15 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

You need to be a ST holder and it's first come first served I believe.

Anytime I've tried to get in the queue has been too long to bother.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

You need to be a ST holder and it's first come first served I believe.

Anytime I've tried to get in the queue has been too long to bother.

You should leave before full time... 

• Haha 4

Â