Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

46 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

When you phone someone to request something be sent out or forward to yourself and they keep you on the line for 5 minutes whilst they type away and mouth breathe down the end of the line.

My job is done, just **** let me hang up and send it me.

Just say thanks and hang up like you 'thought'(sic) the conversation was over..

So today I've had the police email me to ask me to phone them, er no. You want me to do something for you, you make the effort of pushing the buttons and holding on whilst I answer. A policeman that doesn't understand the phrase "fishing expedition" even though he's just used the exact phrase because he doesn't realise that he's on a fishing expedition and a policeman who likes to slam doors and storm off when he doesn't get his own way, trouble is our doors are fobbed, now you look a prat

Just another day at the coalface but for some reason its pissed me off more than usual today

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, bickster said:

So today I've had the police email me to ask me to phone them, er no. You want me to do something for you, you make the effort of pushing the buttons and holding on whilst I answer. A policeman that doesn't understand the phrase "fishing expedition" even though he's just used the exact phrase because he doesn't realise that he's on a fishing expedition and a policeman who likes to slam doors and storm off when he doesn't get his own way, trouble is our doors are fobbed, now you look a prat

Just another day at the coalface but for some reason its pissed me off more than usual today

What on earth are you on about?

I'd actually like to know, because as it is, I am thinking some police have tried to obtain information from you that you are reluctant to give, but that's all I can even pretend to understand.

I have had my share of encounters with police, I can't stand the ones who make an adversarial system even more conflicted, making things more difficult and painful than needs be.

6 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

What on earth are you on about?

I'd actually like to know, because as it is, I am thinking some police have tried to obtain information from you that you are reluctant to give, but that's all I can even pretend to understand.

I have had my share of encounters with police, I can't stand the ones who make an adversarial system even more conflicted, making things more difficult and painful than needs be.

It’s my job, I deal with Police Data Requests for our company amongst other things

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bickster said:

It’s my job, I deal with Police Data Requests for our company amongst other things

Okay. Here I was thinking you were speaking metaphorically like Austin Powers does, maybe you were more literal than I thought.

For some reason I thought you were a DJ, god knows where I got that from. Now the 'just another day at the coalface' remark makes a lot more sense.

6 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Okay. Here I was thinking you were speaking metaphorically like Austin Powers does, maybe you were more literal than I thought.

For some reason I thought you were a DJ, god knows where I got that from. Now the 'just another day at the coalface' remark makes a lot more sense.

Used to be a DJ (amongst other things entertainment related) two decades ago

41 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Here's a pic of Bicks in his heyday

Cheesy+Wedding+DJ

The crowds used to love when he played "Agadoo" and of course his big finish "Come on and do the Conga"

Agadoo sounds like a song from playschool or some other kids t.v show of the like.

Seems as though it was a belter back in 1984 though.

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Here's a pic of Bicks in his heyday

Cheesy+Wedding+DJ

The crowds used to love when he played "Agadoo" and of course his big finish "Come on and do the Conga"

That's actually how how pictured him looking now.  Was his heyday 3 weeks ago?

• Haha 4

I joined a choir (I know, gay) and two things piss me off but shouldn't

1) We started singing in Polish and the words are hard and no one else has a problem with them

2) The conductor asked me to do a solo and I'm worried about the politics of it

We played a game in the league on Tuesday, was pissing down.

They had a striker, he was 16, 8 stone wet but really really talented.

However, he was the biggest sulker, weak as piss kid you'll ever see. Any contact he moaned. Man up. You're a good player kid, but people 10 years older than you are going to kick you out of the game.

46 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I joined a choir (I know, gay) and two things piss me off but shouldn't

1) We started singing in Polish and the words are hard and no one else has a problem with them

2) The conductor asked me to do a solo and I'm worried about the politics of it

Good on you. That's a brave decision considering you identify it as 'gay'.

Personally I think it takes courage to get involved in something greater than yourself, shows character.

Some unsolicited and probably unhelpful advice:

1) Get a copy of what you're singing and study it in your own time, I reckon 5 minutes a day would have you recalling the lyrics on reflex within a week. You'll become fluent in a language that you don't even understand. and enjoy a greater contribution to the group.

This is what I had to do on return to professional basketball, I was slow to grasp and remember the series of movements required for our offenses and my coach would always have to single me out during training and teammates would have to be patient with me. My teammates learnt it just by going through the motions a few times but I actually needed to draw up the plays and break it down on paper in order to retain them because I didn't understand much of the language being used. I stopped playing for 5 years and lost all interest so my level of understanding of the game was not the same as my teammates upon my return to the game. Individual ability was there due to the work I doing on myself but my understanding of the team game was that of an adolescent playing as a pro in a mens competition. So, yeah, my advice is that you will gain more from taking the extra time to familiarise yourself with the words and songs so that you're on the same page as others. You'll repay yourself for the extra time invested with your contribution and performances.

2) Congratulations. Enjoy yourself you've obviously done something to merit the conductor asking you. Let your game do the talking.

26 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

It was very much tongue in cheek, I don't think it's gay :P I was pre-empting some knobber like @lapal_fan coming in and saying it

27 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Personally I think it takes courage to get involved in something greater than yourself, shows character.

Some unsolicited and probably unhelpful advice:

1) Get a copy of what you're singing and study it in your own time, I reckon 5 minutes a day would have you recalling the lyrics on reflex within a week. You'll become fluent in a language that you don't even understand. and enjoy a greater contribution to the group.

This is what I had to do on return to professional basketball, I was slow to grasp and remember the series of movements required for our offenses and my coach would always have to single me out during training and teammates would have to be patient with me. My teammates learnt it just by going through the motions a few times but I actually needed to draw up the plays and break it down on paper in order to retain them because I didn't understand much of the language being used. I stopped playing for 5 years and lost all interest so my level of understanding of the game was not the same as my teammates upon my return to the game. Individual ability was there due to the work I doing on myself but my understanding of the team game was that of an adolescent playing as a pro in a mens competition. So, yeah, my advice is that you will gain more from taking the extra time to familiarise yourself with the words and songs so that you're on the same page as others. You'll repay yourself for the extra time invested with your contribution and performances.

I studied music at uni, specializing in voice so I shouldn't be worried and nervous but I'm so out of practise, it's a little scary!

These are the lyrics, they're fine but the tempo of the song is difficult.

Dnia jednego o północy, 
gdym zasnął w wielkiej niemocy, 
nie wiem, czy na jawie, czy mi się śniło, 
że wedle mej budy słońce świeciło.

Sam się czym prędzej porwałem 
i na drugich zawołałem; 
na Kubę, na Maćka i na Kaźmierza, 
by wstali czym prędzej mówić pacierza.

Nie zaraz się podźwignęli, 
bo byli twardo zasnęli; 
alem ich po trochu wziął za czuprynę, 
by wstali, bieżeli witać Dziecinę.

Kaźmierz wprawdzie wszystko słyszał, 
Bo na słomie w budzie dyszał, 
Ale nam od strachu nie chciał powiedzieć, 
Na Maćka wskazywał : ?Ten musi wiedzieć!?

Polish just isn't lyrical for me.

28 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

2) Congratulations. Enjoy yourself you've obviously done something to merit the conductor asking you. Let your game do the talking.

Thanks! The politics side still worries me though.

Â