Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Definitely one for this thread. 

I am well paid, I love my work, i am good at my work. But its bloody intense, not a free second and my commute at the moment is draining me. This consultancy is in Leamington till at least November and I am out of the house 14 hours. The weekends come round and I am so exhausted I dont want to do anything. That said I should button it as people work in back breaking jobs for a fraction.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KHV said:

Would be hard to retire on just 600K

Safe drawdown rate is considered to be 3.5%

That's £21k a year, plus the state pension. I think I could be quite bloody comfortable on £27.5k, with no need to pay for commuting or a mortgage. 

Edited by Davkaus

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

me? absolutely nothing

it would not be for free

No, not what you would expect. I mean what do you think your other family members would expect? Maybe I’ve interpreted your opening post wrong, but I had the impression that the “throwing a grenade” essentially meant everyone wanted/expected a share.

Got a letter from my council today because we’d put some garden rubbish in our bin ... seems Mrs h put some dead plants in a black bin bag about half way down the bin... presumably that means the bin men opened our bin and went through all our rubbish like MI6 looking for Novichok in Salisbury...

apparently if I do it again they will section 46 me ... the bored part of me feels like writing a letter asking for the evidence that it was actually us that put the offending  item into the bin ( I have an alibi seeing as I was out the country ) 

or I'll probably just do nothing and throw the letter in the bin and look at pictures of cats on Instagram 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

No, not what you would expect. I mean what do you think your other family members would expect? Maybe I’ve interpreted your opening post wrong, but I had the impression that the “throwing a grenade” essentially meant everyone wanted/expected a share.

not sure to be honest, my mom will say she expects nothing but then gossip to everyone to make sure no one gets paid more than her, my auntie who is in a lot of debt will definitely go cap in hand, 2 of my cousins get married next year so might sell her a place at the top table, 1 is trying to buy their first house and 1 is at uni, my brother desperately needs a new car and i know he has borrowed money off her before, think a couple of others will want free weekends away or nights out on the piss

my mom had told me before that they had once had an argument over inheritance money, this auntie had suggested that the 5 of them should use it to go the maldives for a holiday...i think that suggestion might come back to bite her on the ass

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

not sure to be honest, my mom will say she expects nothing but then gossip to everyone to make sure no one gets paid more than her, my auntie who is in a lot of debt will definitely go cap in hand, 2 of my cousins get married next year so might sell her a place at the top table, 1 is trying to buy their first house and 1 is at uni, my brother desperately needs a new car and i know he has borrowed money off her before, think a couple of others will want free weekends away or nights out on the piss

my mom had told me before that they had once had an argument over inheritance money, this auntie had suggested that the 5 of them should use it to go the maldives for a holiday...i think that suggestion might come back to bite her on the ass

Blimey, it sounds like it would better/easier all round if your aunt “only” wins a grand.

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Got a letter from my council today because we’d put some garden rubbish in our bin ... seems Mrs h put some dead plants in a black bin bag about half way down the bin... presumably that means the bin men opened our bin and went through all our rubbish like MI6 looking for Novichok in Salisbury...

apparently if I do it again they will section 46 me ... the bored part of me feels like writing a letter asking for the evidence that it was actually us that put the offending  item into the bin ( I have an alibi seeing as I was out the country ) 

or I'll probably just do nothing and throw the letter in the bin and look at pictures of cats on Instagram

Just ask them when it was that black bags became not for general waste? And then ask them why they are wasting your money sending you letters about using your bins correctly. Then go on to the bit about them making false accusations.

Drives me absolutely spare.

My elderly neighbours decided against plastic bins when they got rolled out. I have stopped the bin men argueing with her in the street twice now and reminded them not to speak to elderly taxpayers who gave 40 years of service to the police force like a piece of **** because you refuse to take their rubbish because you claim it is in the wrong bags - even though for those without bins they are the correct - in fact ONLY bags. Ill health plagueing them including daily visits from medics/docs atm and yet council says no (even though their rules say yes!)- so wear a yellow jacket and speak to people like dirt appears to be the Cardiff way.

Triggered. Over now :)

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Next time you put the bins out leave a bouquet of flowers addressed to the bin men and a sorry card. 

postcode lottery update - 

its not until the 29th that she finds out how much she was won

my auntie text her friend "you're not going to **** believe this, she's only gone and won the postcode lottery, its not gone down well with everyone else" well she thought she had text her friend, she actually text my other auntie

edit: something else, same auntie, there was a message shared between the 5 of them "im not sure whats happening yet so please dont tell anyone" she replied "yes no problem but if i was you i would tell x (other auntie)" she thought it was a private message :lol:

giphy.gif

on a side note i enver really paid too much attention to it before because i didnt really get how it all worked, sounds like everyone who has a postcode of DY10 1 who plays has won at least £1,000, maybe more, im still not 100% sure how the split works, i think £1m is shared between those in DY10 1, the £2m is then shared between people down the actual street, there are only 58 houses on her street, the £300k might be light

Edited by villa4europe

6 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Just off Wilden Lane?

i think its aggborough crescent so not far off

DY10 1 is pretty much everyone from that island at the end of wilden lane down the worcester road, the 449 and then the birmingham road if you can picture that, fair few people

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i think its aggborough crescent so not far off

DY10 1 is pretty much everyone from that island at the end of wilden lane down the worcester road, the 449 and then the birmingham road if you can picture that, fair few people

Ah. I used to be over in Spennells but my little brother lived on Ludlow Rd (just round the corner from Aggborough Crescent) in the early nineties.

On 19/09/2018 at 21:39, Shropshire Lad said:

Blimey, it sounds like it would better/easier all round if your aunt  tells them she “only” won a grand.

Or the above. 

8 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

The fact that everything I try to order on Amazon Prime no longer seems to be next day delivery.  What exactly am I paying for?

A mediocre TV service, a barely adequate music streaming service, some 'free' ebooks you've never heard of, no ads on the gaming stream site twitch.tv, and a load of other perks that are even less useful than that. 

Â