Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

that the light and the number haven't been correctly aligned?

that the light has clearly been made of an inferior quality non-external stainless steel?

that the number and the name aren't on the same slate?

the surface mounted power cable?

the irritation of not knowing if there should be an apostrophe?

the lighting not illuminating the number?

My girlfriend bought over £100 worth of stuff from ASOS at the start of September using Klarna (marketed as a try-before-you-buy service - return what you don’t like/keep and pay for what you do. In actuality, I’m fairly sure it’s a form of credit).

None of the stuff was any good so she sent it all back a couple of days later. She’s had a bill from Klarna today demanding immediate payment for the items.

She’s been in touch with ASOS to point out that all items have been returned and to ask why she’s still getting a bill. They’ve responded by saying that they haven’t received the return and have asked to see the proof of postage. Annoyingly, she hasn’t kept this - although I can’t say I blame her; receipts are easily lost and I guess it’s easy to take for granted that your return will end up where it’s supposed to.

With this in mind, ASOS are saying that there’s nothing they can do and payment will be required. They’re not budging at all. 

She’s been to the Post Office where she dropped the return off and they weren’t any help. So it looks like she’s going to have to pay £100+ for literally nothing. Thanks to someone else’s mistake somewhere along the line. Not great when she’s on maternity leave.

It seems like we’re at a dead end in terms of what we can do about it. Absolute words removed. 

Moral of the story - keep your receipts. 

Edited by JB

Well that sucks donkey balls @JB, but yes certainly with stuff like that, I always keep the receipt.  The cynic in me always thinks it's not guaranteed to be an honest 'mistake' either.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 02/10/2018 at 10:24, lapal_fan said:

Spend your money on what you want. 

Don't let other people tell you, you're spending it wrong, unless it's the bank. 

I have no idea what I spend money on.  I don't have many hobbies.  And yet I'm no richer than I would be if I did! 

I just can't spend money. I don't mean that as a brag, but I seem to have an aversion to spending! I'm not tight, I eat out every day (breakfast and lunch) but in terms of big purchases, I very rarely make any. I'm just not bothered by material things like expensive home furnishings or gadgets. My phone is 3 years old, my tablet is 5 years old and my current TV is 10 years old! I'm getting a newer TV from someone at work who is giving it away for free! 

I realise it makes no sense to be the richest corpse in the graveyard! 

52 minutes ago, Xela said:

I just can't spend money. I don't mean that as a brag, but I seem to have an aversion to spending! I'm not tight, I eat out every day (breakfast and lunch) but in terms of big purchases, I very rarely make any. I'm just not bothered by material things like expensive home furnishings or gadgets. My phone is 3 years old, my tablet is 5 years old and my current TV is 10 years old! I'm getting a newer TV from someone at work who is giving it away for free! 

I realise it makes no sense to be the richest corpse in the graveyard! 

Nah I get it. Like you, I'm not arsed what tv or phone I have (although my phone is 40 quid a month... used to be 26 lol).

I have absolutely grand ideas though, id love to travel where ever, whenever and my own time be my own time. One day I'd choose to climb a mountain, the next I'd be walking around NYC, the next I'd be be buying my local football club and building it a small stadium.  But I'd need a billion lol.

I'm just not arsed about the small things.  It makes me laugh when people "show off" their new Mercedes, and yet earn the same shitty wage I do.  It's gotta come from somewhere honey!  

• Like 1

On 02/10/2018 at 10:24, lapal_fan said:

Spend your money on what you want. 

Don't let other people tell you, you're spending it wrong, unless it's the bank. 

I have no idea what I spend money on.  I don't have many hobbies.  And yet I'm no richer than I would be if I did! 

i have no idea what i spend mine on either, all i know is that i get paid on the 26th of each month and if on the 25th there is £17.34 in my account then that £17 of that is getting spent

a guy at work once told me he had a wage rollover, where he had the full value of a months pay packet still in his bank come pay day, which was annoying as **** at the time because i was a trainee on the breadline earning about £9k a year but later with time and now a position where i might even be able to do that myself i honestly just dont get it, i love spending money, i'm brilliant at it

I try before I buy with ASOS anyway. Just buy a load of stuff and return what you don't want. The only difference is you have to pay the money up front and then wait for a refund (which is usually less than a week to be fair to them)

But yeah, if you're returning anything by post or collect + or whatever then keep your receipt.

27 minutes ago, JB said:

Tell me more...

Unlimited sneaky ways to get direct access to your bank disguising it as easy of use. Impossible customer service. Hiding fees by tricking you to choose a certain payment scheme.

The complaints against them here are endless. They built a good payment-system with ease of use and kudos to them for that, but they abuse the market-share they acquired. I avoid them at all costs possible.

3 hours ago, coda said:

Had to skip my breakfast Carling today with the strike at Wetherspoons.

It's a major conflict isn't it? On one had I want to express solidarity, and not be a scab. On the other I'm a boozehound, and need an early morning eye opener.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

It's a major conflict isn't it? On one had I want to express solidarity, and not be a scab. On the other I'm a boozehound, and need an early morning eye opener.

The healthy alternative would be a nice can of spesh in the bracing, clean fresh air.

spesh.gif

• Like 1

I probably have done this before, possibly at this time of the year

The Pink Footed Goose

noisy f***ers and our house appears to be on their migratory flight path... every year. Doesn't matter what time of the day... squark squark, squark. There's only one thing that shuts them up... when the army cadets start shooting at the rifle range, which brings me on to something else that pisses me off... the contant sound of gunfire.

Stereo ON!

Â