Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

Or the above. 

:D

Haha but she may have a problem if they decide to do an advert for her postcode and they see she’s won a fortune.

After it’s broadcast, it sounds like his aunt would almost certainly have “someone knocking on her door”....

48 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

:D

Haha but she may have a problem if they decide to do an advert for her postcode and they see she’s won a fortune.

After it’s broadcast, it sounds like his aunt would almost certainly have “someone knocking on her door”....

Just say "oh they make out it's more for the tv ads" and "ignore the Lamborghini in the driveway. I'm minding it for a friend".

People posting "has he gone yet?" in threads about footballers or managers.

No. He hasn't gone yet. You know he hasn't. I know he hasn't. We all know he hasn't. 

What are you achieving by posting this?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

People posting "has he gone yet?" in threads about footballers or managers.

No. He hasn't gone yet. You know he hasn't. I know he hasn't. We all know he hasn't. 

What are you achieving by posting this?

Look like they are annoying you, at the very least.

6 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Look like they are annoying you, at the very least.

What part of me posting it in a thread specifically designed for putting things that piss you off in gave it away? ;) 

• Haha 1

That guy at the football, who when clearly not happy with our current manager, shouts out a list at Bruce consisting of when Bruce should have been sacked and all the reasons why he should be sacked.

Mate,  it isn't an article and your point is getting completely lost and diluted. This is neither the time nor the place for reason Just keep it short and sweet with a "**** off Bruce!" and we'll all be happy.

Trying to pick out a new sofa for the new house we’re moving into. It’s become an obsession to find the right one. Struggling to find anything I like that isn’t a £2500+ Danish design. Is that an outlandish amount to spend on a three seater? 

33 minutes ago, Michelsen said:

Trying to pick out a new sofa for the new house we’re moving into. It’s become an obsession to find the right one. Struggling to find anything I like that isn’t a £2500+ Danish design. Is that an outlandish amount to spend on a three seater? 

I don’t think that’s outlandish. Last year my folks bought a 3 seater and a 2 seater for £3,500 - La Z boy style leather sofas.

If it’s going to last you, say 10 years, you may as well buy the one you want as long as you’re happy to meet the cost. Especially if it’s going to look great in your room and you’re going to use it a lot.

Think of it as £250 a year for the sofa. Or around £5 a week to sit in comfort.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Michelsen said:

There's this great Swedish shop, you may have heard of it, it's called IK...

OK I'm not going to carry that off am I ?

• Haha 1

This is a weird one:

People laughing loudly in an office environment.

I'm not for one moment suggesting people shouldn't laugh in an office or at work. That's mental.
But I find it weird when people laugh at the top of their lungs. Big booming laughter that you can hear all over the office. 
there's a couple of people in mine who do it. 

It pisses me off that they don't try to stifle it a bit. 

20 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This is a weird one:

People laughing loudly in an office environment.

I'm not for one moment suggesting people shouldn't laugh in an office or at work. That's mental.
But I find it weird when people laugh at the top of their lungs. Big booming laughter that you can hear all over the office. 
there's a couple of people in mine who do it. 

It pisses me off that they don't try to stifle it a bit. 

On a related note, I work beside the loudest human on planet earth.  His natural, non-shouty voice would knock Brian Blessed into a cocked hat.  He's not trying to be loud.  It's just a gift I suppose.  Worst gift ever.

11 hours ago, bickster said:

There's this great Swedish shop, you may have heard of it, it's called IK...

OK I'm not going to carry that off am I ?

I love Ikea but their current sofa selection pisses me off (which it shouldn’t) :) 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Michelsen said:

Whatever you do, take you time choosing. I spent a couple of grand on a sofa earlier this year and by the time I'd unwrapped it, I hated it. I already want to replace it but think I should wait at least 12 months before I do.

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, BOF said:

On a related note, I work beside the loudest human on planet earth.  His natural, non-shouty voice would knock Brian Blessed into a cocked hat.  He's not trying to be loud.  It's just a gift I suppose.  Worst gift ever.

I once worked with a woman who had a phenomenally loud voice over the telephone. So, if a colleague across the office got an internal call from her, they would immediately flinch away from the handset - and the rest of her could hear her stentorian bellow from across the room. But here's the odd thing - if you were in the room with her while she was using the phone, her voice was at a perfectly normal level. It was as if the phone picked up some specific frequencies in her voice and massively amplified them. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I once worked with a woman who had a phenomenally loud voice over the telephone. So, if a colleague across the office got an internal call from her, they would immediately flinch away from the handset - and the rest of her could hear her stentorian bellow from across the room. But here's the odd thing - if you were in the room with her while she was using the phone, her voice was at a perfectly normal level. It was as if the phone picked up some specific frequencies in her voice and massively amplified them. 

Cool.  That IS a superpower.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I’m convinced some people, subconciously, don’t accept that the concept of telecommunications work. Hence, they raise their voice when talking on the phone to make sure they’re heard properly (so far away, you know). 

At least that’s what I think when I hear my wife talking to her (already loud) family. 

On 25/09/2018 at 11:50, choffer said:

Whatever you do, take you time choosing. I spent a couple of grand on a sofa earlier this year and by the time I'd unwrapped it, I hated it. I already want to replace it but think I should wait at least 12 months before I do.

I can't get my head around spending that much on a sofa. Maybe its me! 

13 minutes ago, Xela said:

I can't get my head around spending that much on a sofa. Maybe its me! 

it's definitely 400% of what I'd consider extortionate. I wouldn't spend £500 on a bed and I'd be using that for 30% of my life

Â