Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

19 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

New pants (underwear to our American friends) leaving fluff around the old chap.

So if you call underwear, pants, what the hell do you call everything else that is long and you put on your legs

4 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

So if you call underwear, pants, what the hell do you call everything else that is long and you put on your legs

I’m sure there’s a penis joke there somewhere, but I’ll leave that to others to determine.

In answer to your question, “trousers”, my good man. 

You can specify if you like, jeans, chinos, or as I’m currently wearing, corduroys.

But trousers is the generic term.

5 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I’m sure there’s a penis joke there somewhere, but I’ll leave that to others to determine.

In answer to your question, “trousers”, my good man. 

You can specify if you like, jeans, chinos, or as I’m currently wearing, corduroys.

But trousers is the generic term.

The fact you call underwear pants is clearly a bigger issue than wanting to leave the EU.

I would like to hear Boris Johnson's view on this.

4 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

The fact you call underwear pants is clearly a bigger issue than wanting to leave the EU.

I would like to hear Boris Johnson's view on this.

To begin with, I’ll see if we can get the ball rolling by using the term “strides” more often.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

When a footballer has the most basic and obvious pass on, completely makes a mess of it and the "receiver" puts a thumbs up in appreciation.

If the passer is attempting to pick out an incredible pass then fair enough, but a 10 yard pass straight out of play gets the thumbs up?

**** RIGHT OFF.

Absolutely this.

Every time a long ball doesn't make it's man, the receiver will put his thumbs up.

Why? It was a shit pass! It went out of play by miles.

7 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Absolutely this.

Every time a long ball doesn't make it's man, the receiver will put his thumbs up.

Why? It was a shit pass! It went out of play by miles.

If they pulled a face like harry enfield's Kevin and gave them the rocket polisher sign, I suspect team morale may get a bit twitchy.  

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

To begin with, I’ll see if we can get the ball rolling by using the term “strides” more often.

Or 'slacks'

• Like 1

Gah, I'm fuming. We had a boiler fitted, converted from a back boiler to a combination boiler in the loft. All quotes we received said we needed a new gas run, which is fine. The gas meter is at the front of the house and the boiler couldn't go anywhere near here. 

Originally we were quoted for an external vertical gas run directly into the attic. Come home to find a they've run it vertically and then horizontally across the front and side of the house. It looks ridiculous and totally ruins the external look of the house. They apparently explained that they couldn't do the original run to my wife yesterday but bless her she didn't at all understand. 

So we're left with a freaking eyesore of copper pipe running across the front of the house. 

Why am I POBSB? Because I have to phone the company tomorrow to complain and I hate the phone. Not worried about complaining, but would rather do it in person. 

12 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

Gah, I'm fuming. We had a boiler fitted, converted from a back boiler to a combination boiler in the loft. All quotes we received said we needed a new gas run, which is fine. The gas meter is at the front of the house and the boiler couldn't go anywhere near here. 

Originally we were quoted for an external vertical gas run directly into the attic. Come home to find a they've run it vertically and then horizontally across the front and side of the house. It looks ridiculous and totally ruins the external look of the house. They apparently explained that they couldn't do the original run to my wife yesterday but bless her she didn't at all understand. 

So we're left with a freaking eyesore of copper pipe running across the front of the house. 

Why am I POBSB? Because I have to phone the company tomorrow to complain and I hate the phone. Not worried about complaining, but would rather do it in person. 

Any chance of painting the gas pipe to try and blend it in with the brickwork or rendering?

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

my auntie has won the postcode lottery, somewhere between £1,000 and £300,000, she finds out how much tomorrow

thats the equivalent of throwing a grenade in to my family, it wont be pretty

Ha ha this sounds exciting...keep us posted ?

12 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

my cousins response was "i want £25k" 

she doesnt even know how much she's won yet!

When you say cousin, is that son/daughter of your aunt? Or a niece/nephew of your aunt?

Either way, it’s pretty poor form.

as in her daughter!

my mom is one of 5 sisters, I've got me my brother then 9 cousins, all of varying incomes and lifestyles and mortgages, kids, married etc my mom then has 10 cousins who have another i think 18 kids between them! its a big family

the auntie that has won is the one who has the best job and the least debt

• Thanks 1

Â