Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

23 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Who the **** spends over a grand on a sofa?! Jesus wept. You’ll fart into it and drop crisps all over it just like the rest of us mortals. Even if I won the lottery I still think I’d struggle to spend that much on a sofa. 

Was looking at a 1600 quid sofa, me and my wife couldnt agree on it so we have settled on an 800 quid one for a few years until we can agree. I think a good quality leather sofa should be over a grand. 

• Like 1

You lot are mental. A couple of sofas yes but one sofa? A grand or more? Mental.

Come here guys, I have these bargain magic beans for sale............

Edited by Ingram85
  • Haha 1

Aren’t people buying individual chairs as well the sofa as part of a three piece suite?

Or is everyone including the individual chair(s) in their estimates?

I think my three piece suite cost around 2 grand, that was about 7 years ago.

8 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Aren’t people buying individual chairs as well the sofa as part of a three piece suite?

My 3 seater was about £500 and it came with a free 2 seater! That was 10 years ago. If I have sat on the 2 seater more than five times then i'd be surprised! 

18 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

My last sofa was £800. Just a 3 seater.

That's not exactly expensive. Sofas cost a lot!

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Your either living in cloud cuckoo land or humble bragging if you think £800 for one 3 seater sofa isn’t expensive. 

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But is it a case of you just not needing anything other than a three seater sofa?

There’s always people at mine, I couldn’t get by without having other chairs, hence why I bought a full 3 piece suite.

If I had my time again, I’d have bought the pouffe* that went with it too.

*insert Kenneth Williams picture

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Me. 

And a decent bed. 

Theyre the two things I use the most. Worth spending the money. 

i went bed shopping about 8 yrs ago and went almost crosseyed looking and testing beds in many places. On my way out of the 6th different store, i slung myself wearily on a bed by the exit door............and it was the dog's danglies !! Finally, FINALLY i found one !! 

"i'll take it !!" i squealed (the bed, I meant). Turns out it was one of those tempura memory foam jobs.........£1,800.....plus £500 for the base & headboard, but as a shift worker and because I'd spend a third of the rest of my life in one, I bought it. £2,300.......and that was 8 years ago ?

I guess the moral of the story is don't buy a bed of you're really tired, kids. A bit like food shopping when you're starving.

Ah well....

7 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Your either living in cloud cuckoo land or humble bragging if you think £800 for one 3 seater sofa isn’t expensive. 

Worth noting I paid £600. The classic DFS sale :)

It's not a brag. sofas are expensive. I've just gone on DFS now. The leather sofas start at £500, including the discount.

You only need to go to page 2 of the sofas until they're over £1000 for one sofa.
That's including the discount. If you went at the full price, there's only 3 three-seater leather sofas on the entire DFS website for under a grand.

Now I realise DFS aren't the cheapest, and their "full price" is a bit of a joke. But still, it gives you an idea.

• Like 1

I bought mine from DFS. I liked it, I could afford it, I bought it. I still like it now.

If there was a cheaper one that I had seen that I liked, I would have bought that one. 

As I said before, I look at it as how long will I have the sofa for. If I’m going to be living with it for 10 - 15 years, then I’m happy stumping up more to have something that I like.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Worth noting I paid £600. The classic DFS sale :)

It's not a brag. sofas are expensive. I've just gone on DFS now. The leather sofas start at £500, including the discount.

You only need to go to page 2 of the sofas until they're over £1000 for one sofa.
That's including the discount. If you went at the full price, there's only 3 three-seater leather sofas on the entire DFS website for under a grand.

Now I realise DFS aren't the cheapest, and their "full price" is a bit of a joke. But still, it gives you an idea.

There you go then, it’s £600. That’s more than ok, It’s nearly half of the amount I consider insane. £500 for a leather sofa is absolutely fine. It’s the most I’d pay but I know leather sofas cost more than normal fabric ones. I personally consider a single sofa with a net cost of £1000+ to be ridiculous. What are we arguing about??

Edited by Ingram85

3 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

There you go then, it’s £600. That’s more than ok? It’s nearly half of the amount I consider insane. £500 for a leather sofa is absolutely fine. I personally consider a single sofa that with a net cost of £1000+ to be ridiculous. What are we arguing about??

I don’t think it’s ridiculous. 

If I move house next year I’ll be getting a new sofa and a new bed and I’d expect to pay around a grand for each. 

My current £600 (or 800 depending on what price you take) is not an amazing sofa. It’s a pretty bog standard one. 

Edited by Stevo985

3 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Buy cheap you buy twice. A good leather sofa that will last years is going to be over a grand. Its not humble bragging its the real world. Do you go into asda and say 8 quid for bog roll, not on my watch wheres a copy of the express and star. 

Yes you can buy a cheaper sofa, but I want to pay for the sofa I want. 

Don’t agree with the first bit at all, I’ve had a normal priced 3 piece suite last for years but completely yes to the rest but I still consider paying over a grand for a sofa to be insane. Completely agree that if you want to then you can but I reserve the right to call you a madman. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

I think we paid about a grand (four years ago) for a suite (3 seater, 2 seater, armchair). I'm sitting on the 2 seater right now. 

In just your pants, right ? ?

• Haha 1

Â