Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I'm sad today.

I'd signed up to the Birmingham Sunrise 5k run which was at 5:30 this morning outside the REP.

I set the alarm on my phone, but it didn't go off because my phone was updating. I woke up at 5:22. I really wanted that medal. Gutted ☹️

4 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I'm sad today.

I'd signed up to the Birmingham Sunrise 5k run which was at 5:30 this morning outside the REP.

I set the alarm on my phone, but it didn't go off because my phone was updating. I woke up at 5:22. I really wanted that medal. Gutted ☹️

Ah sod it, go down the pub, sink a few pints and smoke a few tabs, you'll feel much better

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

21st century problems. Shouldn't have got rid of your alarm clock!

6 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

Thanks for the info Mr Collim...........(this post has been terminated by the Villa Talk automatic liable detector)

*libel*

• Like 2

13 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

flags and banners not being allowed at World Cup games

absolute **** disgrace

the people's game

Allowed plenty of **** air horns to trash the atmosphere though. 

14 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

flags and banners not being allowed at World Cup games

absolute **** disgrace

the people's game

I think its to prevent the Russians (and others) from displaying racist and antagonistic messages

I haven't done any German since GCSEs 30 years ago, but it's super and then the thing he's pointing at/holding.  The chorus is Super Guy.

Happy to help.

My resting heart rate feels way too low.

It's usually around 48-52. At night, it goes down to as low as 37.

Whenever I google it, it always says 60-100 is healthy and I'm well below that.

I'm pretty fit so I think it has an impact but even with being fit, high 40s seems too low.

1 hour ago, bickster said:

I think its to prevent the Russians (and others) from displaying racist and antagonistic messages

I decided pretty much the same. They weren’t draped over advertising hoardings so it wasn’t Wanda and Hisense dictating a no flag rule. So it has to be an attempt to stop Russian fascist gangs by simply banning all flags and banners. But it’s giving a totally sanitised appearance.
You’d think they could work out that a straight forward Brazilian flag at a Brazilian game is ok, but some text about Crimea probably isn’t.
It’ll be interesting to see if they manage to contain the England flags tonight. Those in the England areas, and those previously stolen at the Euros.

The best bit of the brazil game yesterday was watching the guy with a banner in the one corner of the ground that persistently draped his banner, right up to the point a steward would try and grab it. Then he’d whip it away, until the steward went and sat down, then he’d unfurl it again. Full ninety minutes the pair of them kept that up. Cat n mouse, flag n steward. Though at no point did anyone actually go up in to the stand and take it off him, which you’d think they would do if they were serious about it. I suspect they are strong pen pals now.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I'm pretty fit so I think it has an impact but even with being fit, high 40s seems too low.

Nah. You're fit, like you say. Mine is typically between 40 and 50, too. 

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Aids

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Nah. You're fit, like you say. Mine is typically between 40 and 50, too. 

Get it checked out anyway Stefan, there are some nasty arrhythmias that'll give you a pulse down there. No other symptoms??? If you have any chest pain, shortness of breath, lethargy, I should go and see a Dr.

But ye, you're probably fit like Mike says.

Edited by BillyShears

I've had some palpitations for the last few days but it has been exactly in line in when I've been noticing the low rate.

I'm going to the cardiologist on Wednesday.

Â