Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

7 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I've had some palpitations for the last few days but it has been exactly in line in when I've been noticing the low rate.

I'm going to the cardiologist on Wednesday.

as @Stevo985 diagnosed, most definitely aids. Sorry bro ? nice knowing you ?

8 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I've had some palpitations for the last few days but it has been exactly in line in when I've been noticing the low rate.

I'm going to the cardiologist on Wednesday.

Shame Ahameed doesn't post here anymore, he is a Cardiothoracic Surgeon, will be a Consultant by now. He would have given the best advice. He was an angry b*st*rd though and did not like being tickled. 

Hope there's nothing going on with the old ticker.

11 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

My resting heart rate feels way too low.

It's usually around 48-52. At night, it goes down to as low as 37.

Whenever I google it, it always says 60-100 is healthy and I'm well below that.

I'm pretty fit so I think it has an impact but even with being fit, high 40s seems too low.

Think this subject came up not so long ago. My resting hear rate is usually in a similar range 48-52, can be a bit lower first thing in the morning. Although i’m not particularly fit at all.

8 hours ago, BillyShears said:

Shame Ahameed doesn't post here anymore, he is a Cardiothoracic Surgeon, will be a Consultant by now. He would have given the best advice. He was an angry b*st*rd though and did not like being tickled. 

I remember in my early days as a VTer that Ahameed had a pop at me, criticising a point I'd made about....erm....cant recall but anyway, his words were "if you can't say anything nice then just shut up, you f**king idiot !". How ironic.

Then, 8 yrs later I'm at little aston hospital for an outpatient appointment and I'm flicking through a Bupa magazine and there he is, on a profile page. Luckily I wasn't down to see him but it just goes to show that you never know when folks' paths will sometimes cross. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

That's why I'd be a terrible football manager. I'm rubbish at remembering names.

Journalist: "What do your teammates call you?" 

Shola Ameobi: "Shola"

Journalist: "What does Bobby Robson call you?"

Shola Ameobi: "Carl Cort". 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Regular readers will know that early May a car went into the back of mine on the motorway. The car was a rental and the rental company referred the repair and resolution to third part company to manage.

6 weeks later they are still pissing about. Initially a car repair centre asked me for pictures etc so they could prepare a quote for the fix. I understand they submitted the repair quote and it was approved. I'd be contacted once they had the parts (bumper) and repair would happen.

It then took a twist as they put that on hold and asked an independent engineer to check the car over. He came, took some pictures and then left. What I suspect is happening is that they think that the damage might not of happened in the accident (it did).

Anyway, 6 weeks on and I'm still waiting. I called twice last week and again yesterday. They just say there are enquiries ongoing and that I need to wait.

I'm rapidly getting furious with all of this. Yesterday I asked to speak to a manager but there wasn't one free so I sent them a strongly worded complaint email... still nothing.

What can I do? Can I bill them for the stress and anxiety they are causing on top of everything else? Should I appoint a solicitor to go after them?

33 minutes ago, Genie said:

Regular readers will know that early May a car went into the back of mine on the motorway. The car was a rental and the rental company referred the repair and resolution to third part company to manage.

6 weeks later they are still pissing about. Initially a car repair centre asked me for pictures etc so they could prepare a quote for the fix. I understand they submitted the repair quote and it was approved. I'd be contacted once they had the parts (bumper) and repair would happen.

It then took a twist as they put that on hold and asked an independent engineer to check the car over. He came, took some pictures and then left. What I suspect is happening is that they think that the damage might not of happened in the accident (it did).

Anyway, 6 weeks on and I'm still waiting. I called twice last week and again yesterday. They just say there are enquiries ongoing and that I need to wait.

I'm rapidly getting furious with all of this. Yesterday I asked to speak to a manager but there wasn't one free so I sent them a strongly worded complaint email... still nothing.

What can I do? Can I bill them for the stress and anxiety they are causing on top of everything else? Should I appoint a solicitor to go after them?

Go round to the rental company and firebomb every car in their lot seems to be the only solution. IMO.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Is there some kind of an insurance ombudsman or regulator you could ask?  Or a citizen's advice bureau type thing?   As much as you'd love to ring and tell them you are preparing a case against them for delaying a straight-forward repair, they would probably just act the even bigger word removed after that.

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Is there some kind of an insurance ombudsman or regulator you could ask?  Or a citizen's advice bureau type thing?   As much as you'd love to ring and tell them you are preparing a case against them for delaying a straight-forward repair, they would probably just act the even bigger word removed after that.

I thought this, find someone to report them to. I’ll give them another 24 hours and see what comes of it.

I experienced a new record level of airline incompetence and frustration today.   Got to the airport already checked in with electronic boarding passes 1:45 before the flight and 1:20 before boarding was to start.  Go to the kiosk to print baggage tags and see a long line at the check-in counter and figure that must be for people who need to check in, then notice that this particular airline (Finnair) doesn't have a separate spot for baggage drop.  Just one position serving everyone.  So what's the point of having a self-service kiosk?  Spent over an hour waiting in line just to drop off our f*****g bags.  And no, the line wasn't that long.  They spent 5-10 minutes each on several different parties, and ended up reprinting everyone's baggage tags because they couldn't get them to scan properly and advance the conveyor belt.  During our wait they opened up a couple more positions and each was equally slow.  They had to hold the flight because they couldn't process people who had gotten there nearly 2 hours before the flight.  Unf*****g believable!  At least we didn't miss the flight and didn't have connections to worry about. 

6 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

I experienced a new record level of airline incompetence and frustration today.   Got to the airport already checked in with electronic boarding passes 1:45 before the flight and 1:20 before boarding was to start.  Go to the kiosk to print baggage tags and see a long line at the check-in counter and figure that must be for people who need to check in, then notice that this particular airline (Finnair) doesn't have a separate spot for baggage drop.  Just one position serving everyone.  So what's the point of having a self-service kiosk?  Spent over an hour waiting in line just to drop off our f*****g bags.  And no, the line wasn't that long.  They spent 5-10 minutes each on several different parties, and ended up reprinting everyone's baggage tags because they couldn't get them to scan properly and advance the conveyor belt.  During our wait they opened up a couple more positions and each was equally slow.  They had to hold the flight because they couldn't process people who had gotten there nearly 2 hours before the flight.  Unf*****g believable!  At least we didn't miss the flight and didn't have connections to worry about. 

Airlines. Expect the worst and they will never fail surpass the ways they can screw up.

It's part of the reason I turn down certain work if it involves a lot of airline travel. Just not worth the time and hassle.

3 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Adverts for joining the forces.

”This is belonging”? F*** off.

They should use “Join the army , meet interesting people and learn to kill them “

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

They should use “Join the army , meet interesting people and learn to kill them “

Honesty in advertising. My Dad always used to laugh at beer adverts, as they always said anything except the obvious "Bloggs's Beer - it makes you pissed". 

Edited by mjmooney

35 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Honesty in advertising. My Dad always used to laugh at beer adverts, as they always said anything except the obvious "Bloggs's Beer - it makes you pissed". 

Blogg’s Beer- helping ugly chicks get laid since  1884

I've mentioned the guy at my work that irritates me before. Well here's an update.

1) He continues to play videos (and now games) on his phone at full volume. On the train he puts the 4pm World Cup game on with volume on max (who cares that much about the commentary to listen to it on a train? Just watch the game!). Yesterday he downloaded a shoot-em up game on his phone, and blasted out gun noises in our quiet break room for about 25 minutes.

2) This morning he's shared his dilemma with me, that his mom is getting rid of a grey settee and he's wondering whether to have it. He told me that he currently has a leather settee but it's getting a bit scruffy. He then goes on to show me a photo that his brother has 'photo-shopped' of his mom's grey settee in his living room (which has brown carpet). He asked my opinion, and I told him that the grey and brown all looks a bit dull to me, so I'd put a throw over it, if it was me. I thought that was the end of it, but it's now 3 hours later, and he's just told me that he's sent the two photos of his living room to his work email (presumably one with his current settee, and one with the 'photo-shopped' one) and that he now has them full screen on his two monitors to try to decide whether to have it or not. :mellow:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â