Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

On 08/06/2018 at 23:22, Seat68 said:

Knighthoods for doing their **** job. 

I really don't get this honours list malarkey. For one thing, there IS no empire and secondly, what - apart from supposed kudos - does this award (or any other - BEM, CBE. OBE etc) offer ? It wouldn't be so bad if it came with a tidy cash sum.

Mate of mine went to pick up an OBE a few years back.......had to hang around for ages, no refreshments - not even a brew. 

20 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Mate of mine went to pick up an OBE a few years back.......had to hang around for ages, no refreshments - not even a brew. 

That's because it was a poxy OBE. When I got my Knighthood, old Charlie made me a cappuccino while I waited ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

That's because it was a poxy OBE. When I got my Knighthood, old Charlie made me a cappuccino while I waited ?

...and a free go on Camilla too ?

Soccer Aid.

Yes it’s a worthwhile cause and people that tune in want to see a game, but they’ve got all this other shit going on. Pundits, pitch side talk, per match action. So annoying.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Rafa Nadal at the French Open.  He could probably play until he's 50 and win it every time.  I just hope he never catches Federer's record, I can't stand him.

Luckily no one gives a **** about the French Open, tennis on clay is shit. He could eclipse Federer for number of slams but will never be considered greater, like 70% of his slams have been the French open ffs.

8 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

People who go shopping with their kids. Double wide stroller, shopping cart and ambling around like it's a day out at the zoo.

Get out of my f****ng way I have a life that I need to get to. Next time, give your sprogs 1/2 a benadryl and leave them at home for half an hour.

Asda at Queslett......... i swear to God that some families see this place as a daytrip out ! Ok, sometimes bringing the "babbies" is unavoidable but dont take 5 mins comparing 2 cans of beans, just cos 1 is 2p cheaper than the other - MOVE OUT OF THE WAY !!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

People who go shopping with their kids. Double wide stroller, shopping cart and ambling around like it's a day out at the zoo.

Get out of my f****ng way I have a life that I need to get to. Next time, give your sprogs 1/2 a benadryl and leave them at home for half an hour.

I've put it in this thread numerous times, but shopping at the supermarket is one of my least favourite things to do. It's always full of **** morons. Shopping like they're the only people in the whole place.

**** off.

I'd love to do online shopping, but the OH working for Aldi kinda means we have to shop there. I mean we don't HAVE to... but still.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I've put it in this thread numerous times, but shopping at the supermarket is one of my least favourite things to do. It's always full of **** morons. Shopping like they're the only people in the whole place.

**** off.

I'd love to do online shopping, but the OH working for Aldi kinda means we have to shop there. I mean we don't HAVE to... but still.

I am pretty lucky that I rarely have to go to the supermarket. The OH works part time so like today, she'll drop the kids at school and then get the supplies whilst I'm working hard at the office (on VT).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

I am pretty lucky that I rarely have to go to the supermarket. The OH works part time so like today, she'll drop the kids at school and then get the supplies whilst I'm working hard at the office (on VT).

That’s pretty much why I choose to stick with the current MrsCrispy at each annual review of her performance.
She works a 4 day week as a lifestyle choice*. On her non-work day she does the supermarket shopping and meets up with her mum. So on the weekend, I don’t have to go to a supermarket. Or meet her mum. If we run out of anything during the week or I fancy something different, I pop in to the world’s quietest Waitrose which is on my route home. I’ve gone in there sometimes and thought perhaps it was closed, like some end of days film, just me in an empty supermarket. 
My two greatest fears in life are my wife going to a 5 day working week and somebody at Waitrose head office realising there’s a ghost Waitrose in Barry that gets one customer every Tuesday evening.

But on a similar theme - couples that stand still, side by side, on escalators. Lovely people, I hope they have a long and prosperous life.

*edit, she works a 4 day week in an office. That is a lifestyle choice. She profession is not 'a lifestyle choice'. That would be weird.

Edited by chrisp65
  • Haha 2

I quite lke my trips to the supermarket... nearly always bump into an old school friend and have a catch-up , find the check out with the cute girl working on it and have a little perv up / chat whilst convincing yourself you’ve still got it ...and  time it right and you can steal cake from greedy peoples trolleys  and share it with the masses 

plus if I go I bring back nice biscuits instead of poxy digestives that Mrs H buys 

Tesco do a delivery pass for £8 a month. If you do one shop per week you’re essentially paying them £2 to pick it and drop it to your house... Might get the occasional substitution and out of stock item but it saves you wasting two hours of your weekend in a supermarket. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Milfner said:

Tesco do a delivery pass for £8 a month. If you do one shop per week you’re essentially paying them £2 to pick it and drop it to your house... Might get the occasional substitution and out of stock item but it saves you wasting two hours of your weekend in a supermarket. 

This is what I want to do. It would be heaven

21 minutes ago, Milfner said:

We did that a lot when the nippers were babies as it was too much of a ball ache to drag them around the supermarket. It is really annoying when stuff is missing, odd substitutes or the driver doesn't come when he was supposed to though.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Genie said:

We did that a lot when the nippers were babies as it was too much of a ball ache to drag them around the supermarket. It is really annoying when stuff is missing, odd substitutes or the driver doesn't come when he was supposed to though.

It has improved loads. They now do hour slots instead of two or three. Yeah, get the annoyance about the subs and missing stuff but if means you only have to pop in for one thing instead of 50...

• Like 1

Â