Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

8 hours ago, Milfner said:

Tesco do a delivery pass for £8 a month. If you do one shop per week you’re essentially paying them £2 to pick it and drop it to your house... Might get the occasional substitution and out of stock item but it saves you wasting two hours of your weekend in a supermarket. 

Two hours?! I can do my weekly shop in Sainsburys in 20 mins. I'm in and out like SEAL Team 6 eliminating a bearded jihadi! 

I plan my route to military precision. If they ever change the shop around i'm going to be behind enemy lines, lost and alone, like Andy McNab. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

People who go shopping with their kids. Double wide stroller, shopping cart and ambling around like it's a day out at the zoo.

Get out of my f****ng way I have a life that I need to get to. Next time, give your sprogs 1/2 a benadryl and leave them at home for half an hour.

On a similar kid hating theme....

People who think I give a shit about their children. Stop telling me about them! 

2 hours in a supermarket. Are you one of these people that slowly walk up and down each aisle, not knowing what you want until you spot it?

I tend to go twice a week so I always have fresh fruit/veg. I know exactly what I'm buying before I'm through the door except for a brief skim through the central aisle to see if there are any good offers. I'd say my average shop takes about 15 minutes. I never go during the weekend though, sod that, I'd much rather pop in on the way home from work and dodge the weekend crowd.

Online shopping would be great, but the fresh stuff tends to be shit. I don't want the brown bananas and the avocados with thumb holes in them.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Two hours?! I can do my weekly shop in Sainsburys in 20 mins. I'm in and out like SEAL Team 6 eliminating a bearded jihadi! 

I plan my route to military precision. If they ever change the shop around i'm going to be behind enemy lines, lost and alone, like Andy McNab. 

Was factoring in travel time, weekend business etc. But still, not worth my time going when I can pay someone a couple of quid to do it for me. 

Pulling my hair out with this.

I moved into my shiny new house 3 months, absolutely love it. Couple of weeks ago I get some grumpy messages and photo's from the wife saying my car leaking oil on the drive. I am also concerned because the warranty on my car expires next week.

I crawl all over it and can't find any signs of a leak. I assume it must be another car, maybe a trademan or courier using the drive temporarily.

Last couple of days there are more. I took my car to a local garage and got it on a ramp. We look all over it. Undertray off, all clean, no signs of a leak.

This morning, more oil spots!!! WTF is going on?

Someone at work suggested as its newly laid tarmac which is oil based it could be sweating oil after being heated by the recent hot weather and then I plonk my red hot engine over it? anyone ever heard of this?

15 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I never go during the weekend though, sod that, I'd much rather pop in on the way home from work and dodge the weekend crowd.

Online shopping would be great, but the fresh stuff tends to be shit. I don't want the brown bananas and the avocados with thumb holes in them.

I'm a weekender, but I'm Mr. Chilled so the crowds don't get to me :) I don't like online because I do a bit of "oh I've never seen those before *yoink*", and that's harder to do online.

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

Yes, but those women were very upset and that's why you've been banned from ASDA.

What can I say, I'm a tactile creature :) 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Milfner said:

Tesco do a delivery pass for £8 a month. If you do one shop per week you’re essentially paying them £2 to pick it and drop it to your house... Might get the occasional substitution and out of stock item but it saves you wasting two hours of your weekend in a supermarket. 

Getting a home delivery is a great option for just before Xmas, thereby avoiding the masses, traffic jams, finding a parking space etc.

Only problem there is that you have to book your slot at the start of Dec almost 3 weeks ahead or you miss out ?

However did we cope back in the day ?

On topic and relevant to the discussion.

I usually did my shopping on a Sunday evening, but the Polish government have closed the shops on a Sunday now so it has totally thrown off my routine ?

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I usually did my shopping on a Sunday evening, but the Polish government have closed the shops on a Sunday now so it has totally thrown off my routine ?

Supermarkets here close at 4 on a Sunday I think?

Just now, Genie said:

Supermarkets here close at 4 on a Sunday I think?

Totally closed here. Well, all shops, unless the owner works.

For a small shop it's fine, but for a big brand like Tesco, no chance.

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Nice to know we're not the most batshit mentally religious country any more.

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Nice to know we're not the most batshit mentally religious country any more.

At work we do a customer survey after we close incidents for the users. We send a lot of these to Nigeria.

We received this today:

Actually, nobody perfect but God alone. In a little experience I have in your services since I join this organization..... blah blah

Imagine working in IT and thinking that that first sentence is appropriate :D

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Imagine working in IT and thinking that that first sentence is appropriate :D

:DIt's for the things they don't understand!  It's the God of the gaps.  The person just doesn't know how programming works :P

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Totally closed here. Well, all shops, unless the owner works.

For a small shop it's fine, but for a big brand like Tesco, no chance.

Ah right, sorry, I misread the bit where you said Sunday all day. That must be very inconvenient.

On 11/06/2018 at 10:19, Milfner said:

I use Ocado...first 3 months free delivery, then it's £2.99 per month til however long the offer runs. Then £7.99.

In two years I have never paid £7.99, I always phone them and they put me back on the first offer :)

Oh and I also use Asda for the stuff that's too pricey with Ocado...I go at 7am when it's empty so I don't have to suffer the supermarket slobs.

Edited by rjw63

Why do I go on Twitter??

I follow Moeen Ali and he's tweeted a video of a Syrian child (about 10) who wakes up for the first time since an airstrike blind.

Screaming, both in anger and pain ensues, with his dad trying to calm him down.  But that's it, he's blind forever, because of a **** bomb.  

That's gonna stay with me a long time. 

I feel angry, and I don't get that feeling often, but I genuinely feel angry.  

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, lapal_fan said:

Why do I go on Twitter??

I follow Moeen Ali and he's tweeted a video of a Syrian child (about 10) who wakes up for the first time since an airstrike blind.

Screaming, both in anger and pain ensues, with his dad trying to calm him down.  But that's it, he's blind forever, because of a **** bomb.  

That's gonna stay with me a long time. 

I feel angry, and I don't get that feeling often, but I genuinely feel angry.  

I've seen that. heart wrenching.

That's the kind of stuff I show morons who get angry about us letting Syrian refugees into the country (or any country for that matter). How can people be angry that people are fleeing that country when that's what they're running from?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Â