Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

55 minutes ago, choffer said:

Possibly one for the boring thread but the state of my road is ridiculous. Just a series of potholes and craters, strung together with small bits of tarmac. One of the speedbumps just by me has all but disintegrated and it was only put there four months ago.

ZRamHow.jpg

Its countrywide, austerity innit

I can think of some streets around here where the speed bumps are the best bit of the road. I can also think of one set of speed bumps that are the cause of the road degradation around them causing the area immediately around them to be potholed thus making the speed bumps effectively higher.

The council even "repaired" some potholes at the edge of our village, the repairs were that good they lasted maybe 6 hours

• Like 1

There is a road just off where I live that was absolutely ridiculous when we moved in about 6 years ago. It was as though the road connected to an isolated farm in Sri Lanka rather than two busy main roads in a town. It was genuinely ruining my car driving over it every day. Any I complained and no doubt others did and eventually the following year the council completely relayed the road. It was a thing of beauty! One quiet evening o walked down the middle of it marvelling at how lovely a new bit of Tarmac could look. It was a real joy to drive down it each day.

About 4 months later they dug the bleeding thing up for road works! Now all the seams of the digging have turned into potholes again....

4 minutes ago, villaglint said:

There is a road just off where I live that was absolutely ridiculous when we moved in about 6 years ago. It was as though the road connected to an isolated farm in Sri Lanka rather than two busy main roads in a town. It was genuinely ruining my car driving over it every day. Any I complained and no doubt others did and eventually the following year the council completely relayed the road. It was a thing of beauty! One quiet evening o walked down the middle of it marvelling at how lovely a new bit of Tarmac could look. It was a real joy to drive down it each day.

About 4 months later they dug the bleeding thing up for road works! Now all the seams of the digging have turned into potholes again....

I can beat that, the road outside an old house of ours was completely relayed and dug up the following week to replace the entire sewer system

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Jon said:

Relaid

I like that you haven't posted for some time (least it feels that way) and then pick  that moment to come back

have an internet

• Like 1

After having an engine management light on, I booked an appointment last Friday, upon which they said it couldn’t be driven, and wouldn’t be ready until the middle of the week. The plus side was that it was covered in the warranty, but with no courtesy car available i’ve had to hire one, as we had plans the weekend and live in the country with no public transport so the Mrs needs it for her and the kids.

They haven’t even had the part delivered yet, the dealership were told they had to to more tests before they could claim the part under the warranty but none of this has been said until now despite me ringing several times. At this rate I would have been better just paying for the work to be done, rather than being messed about.

Neighbour in the summerhouse next-door. He is trying to mow his knee-high grass and the lawnmower is cutting out from it every 10 seconds. He's been at it for a good 45 minutes now. TAKE A **** HINT you absolute mong!!!!

• Like 1

I'm always hoping the neighbours aren't watching when I'm mowing my lawn, I make an absolute mess of it.

I really hope they're not looking when I push it through what used to be flower beds but are now mainly weed beds. Luckily my mower is pretty good at handling stingers and dandelions.

On 07/05/2018 at 20:18, Stevo985 said:

Station wasn’t too bad. Not the most scenic beer garden though. 

Brewhouse one is okay to be fair. 

The garden at The Duke is the best one in Sutton. 

17 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Personalised number plates.

Was once in discussion with audi wolverhampton over buying a car, they were trying to shift something off their stock list and offered me a car i didnt want, i made an excuse of it being older than what i wanted

"Dont worry about that it comes with a private plate"

Not with my **** initials on though you dick

2 hours ago, bobzy said:

Yes, yes, yes. CBA to check now, but that was probably one of my first votes in this thread. I hate them with an irrational passion (even though some of my best friends have them). If somebody gifted me MJM 1, I'd sell it as fast as possible. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

Someone I worked with had a private plate, and when I first saw it, I told him looked like it said King Rollo, and asked if he was a fan of the early 80s kids TV show? He wasn't best pleased, and apparently it was supposed to say Karlo.

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Good shout. 

I love the Duke. I was in their over the bank holiday. Pint of cider £4, pint of lager £4, white wine and lemonade £4, gin and tonic £4

They seem to have a recurring theme with their prices :D

3 minutes ago, KHV said:

I love the Duke. I was in their over the bank holiday. Pint of cider £4, pint of lager £4, white wine and lemonade £4, gin and tonic £4

They seem to have a recurring theme with their prices :D

I always forget about the Duke. Would have been ideal to be in the beer garden over the bank holiday. 

26 minutes ago, Xela said:

I always forget about the Duke. Would have been ideal to be in the beer garden over the bank holiday. 

Everyone forgets about the Duke. To be fair they don't really advertise it well. My sister and my mum met me there on the weekend, they have lived in Sutton for over 40 years and neither of them knew it existed until last weekend!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bobzy said:

personalised number plates fulfill a very important function

until people are happy to have stickers front and rear of their car that say 'absolute jumped up self important materialist little retard avoid at all costs' we all just have to rely on the personalised number plate

• Like 3

Â