Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

50 minutes ago, Milfner said:

It absolutely should piss me off, but scruffs like this

Same thing at the beach. Always trying to drill into my littluns not to litter and cleared up loads of rubbish other people had left on Saturday. 

When it came time for us to leave a small spade we had taken had got covered up in the sand after I had dug a giant hole (as you do). Spent about 15 mins looking for the bleeding thing but it was as though the sand had dissolved it. It was the hypocrisy that hurt the most. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Owning my own home for the first time, I never realised when you buy any household appliance how many companies try and sell you all kinds of insurance and extended warranty and all kinds of crap.

I just want a **** washing machine, here's the money, can I go now.

3 hours ago, mottaloo said:

That's how the sales staff get extra commission, or it used to be . 

I always remember buying a portable tv back in the day and the guy couldn't do enough for me.....laughing, having "bantz" so to speak.....he then mentioned extra warranty cover, I said no thanks and he then almost threw the tv at me in silent disgust took my money and walked off !

The other fairly recent irritant is, "We just need your email address for the warranty now sir?"

"No you don't"

"I'm sorry sir we can't process the sale without your email address, the till won't let us because we need it for the warranty."

"You have two options here, Sale and no email or No sale, which is it to be and if you next words are insistent on an email, I'm just walking away. Over to you"

That was my scenario for a few years until I went to buy something I knew was in short supply and obtaining it elsewhere would have been a pain the ass and I actually needed whatever it was urgently. I went prepared

"We just need your email address for the warranty now sir?

"OK no probs its  s h u v i t u p y e r a r s e @ gmx.com" (spelling it out three letters at a time"

I've used that email address quite a bit since, sometimes they twig, sometimes they don't

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, bickster said:

The other fairly recent irritant is, "We just need your email address for the warranty now sir?"

"No you don't"

"I'm sorry sir we can't process the sale without your email address, the till won't let us because we need it for the warranty."

"You have two options here, Sale and no email or No sale, which is it to be and if you next words are insistent on an email, I'm just walking away. Over to you"

That was my scenario for a few years until I went to buy something I knew was in short supply and obtaining it elsewhere would have been a pain the ass and I actually needed whatever it was urgently. I went prepared

"We just need your email address for the warranty now sir?

"OK no probs its  s h u v i t u p y e r a r s e @ gmx.com" (spelling it out three letters at a time"

I've used that email address quite a bit since, sometimes they twig, sometimes they don't

I can't help but think you're being an arse to someone who is told what to do and is probably on quite a shit wage.  

Can you not just make an email address up that isn't offensive and paint you as a bit of a bell end.

Hate the company policy, not the poor buggers who have to get spoken to like shit most of the time.

I might be well off on the situation, but there aren't many details about what you were buying.

If it's a car salesman, then by all means call him a word removed :lol:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I can't help but think you're being an arse to someone who is told what to do and is probably on quite a shit wage.  

Can you not just make an email address up that isn't offensive and paint you as a bit of a bell end.

Hate the company policy, not the poor buggers who have to get spoken to like shit most of the time.

I might be well off on the situation, but there aren't many details about what you were buying.

If it's a car salesman, then by all means call him a word removed :lol:

You do realise they don't care as long as the box is filled in don't you?

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep, this is truly embarrassing. It's one thing for a bloke who actually has a good body to do it (still makes them a word removed by the way). But when these skinny, tattooed, pale chavs do it it's just cringe.

They all have exactly the same build - scrawny!

9 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Currently sat infront of an absolute drop dead stunning young lady on the train.....but....she won't stop effing SNIFFING !!!! Cos I picked up on it early on, I just can't ignore it and it's getting on my norks !!

She either has a cold....or a "habit" but cos I'm in a public area I cant DHUTWU in case anyone suggests it :(

She was probably texting this number...

"Pervert keeps staring. Please send help"

465x200%20-%2061016%20.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, PompeyVillan said:

The other one, is at Halfords, "Can I have your email address so that I can send you your receipt (and bombard you with junk mail)?"

There's a Monty Python-esque sketch in there somewhere :mrgreen:

• Like 2

The **** cat ate my hummus. 

I have two cats. One of them is always "the **** cat", never his sister. What a nob.

Edited by Davkaus

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

The **** cat saved me from having to eat hummus. 

I have two cats. One of them is always "the **** cat", never his sister. What a nob.

Fixed

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

You've never had my homemade sun dried tomato hummus.

And I bet you're glad, aren't you? Philistine. :P 

I have no idea what hummus is?

I do like Houmus though ;) (its the only thing I like that contains chick peas)

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

I have no idea what hummus is?

I do like Houmus though ;) (its the only thing I like that contains chick peas)

Hummus is the more common spelling isn't it? 

Either way, hummus, houmus, hamas. It's all good with me. 

Just now, Davkaus said:

Hummus is the more common spelling isn't it? 

Either way, hummus, houmus, hamas. It's all good with me. 

Not any time I've ever seen it tbh Every time I ever buy it, it's the O variant

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

Not any time I've ever seen it tbh Every time I ever buy it, it's the O variant

You're completely right, the American spell checker must have slowly conditioned me.

Just spending my Tuesday night searching different supermarkets to look at houmus packaging. Living the dream. Someone's dream, probably. Maybe that bloke's ^ 

• Haha 1

When people use one footballer from decades ago as a benchmark.

Like if somebody says "I don't think Joe Bloggs is quick enough to make it in the Premier League" and someone replies with

"ah, I guess you never watched Albert McPennyforth play in the 1903 FA Cup. He wasn't very quick and it didn't stop him!"

**** off.

• Like 2

Possibly one for the boring thread but the state of my road is ridiculous. Just a series of potholes and craters, strung together with small bits of tarmac. One of the speedbumps just by me has all but disintegrated and it was only put there four months ago.

ZRamHow.jpg

Â