Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

You could be reading a bit too much into it. I was doing this back in the 90s, I had Juve , Barca, Milan and Bayern tops at various points but didn't support them. They just looked cool and you could often buy the tops fairly cheaply from JJB sports when the tops they were almost a season old. They were basically good to wear when you're playing football down the park everyday, heaven forbid you'd wear the same top everyday! Obviously the popularity of this has come from TV picking these leagues up from around the late 80s onwards.

Yep, I did the same. I had a Barcelona, Netherlands, Roma and Argentina top. Used for for playing football or down the gym when I was younger. Like you said, they were last seasons and were very cheap (probably less then a tenner each).

3 hours ago, turvontour said:

Posted something about this a month or so ago but i find this genuinly odd. 

I am at my lads football training with 9 kids playing in total, and 5 of them are in Barcelona kits. My lads in his Villa kit, 1 in PSG and then other 2 in plain t shirts.

I mean fair play Barcelona marketing team. But what is the thought process, do any of the children support english clubs? This is south Bham by the way.

What annoyed me the other day was two teenage lads at my local train statin wearing Man City tops! Turns my stomach. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

weren't many they couldn't beethoven two legs

I can't Handel these puns. 

• Like 1

Just got the battery changed in my Hugo Boss watch at Timpsons, £20.45 :o

I didn’t look at the back but just assumed it needed some special tool to take the back off, nope. Watched the guy change it in about 3 minutes with just a mini screwdriver. I really feel ripped off and annoyed at myself for paying it. Would it be that much if it was a crappy non branded watch? I guess not so can they really charge more because of the brand even though it’s exactly the same service?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Genie said:

I didn’t look at the back but just assumed it needed some special tool to take the back off, nope. Watched the guy change it in about 3 minutes with just a mini screwdriver. I really feel ripped off and annoyed at myself for paying it. Would it be that much if it was a crappy non branded watch? I guess not so can they really charge more because of the brand even though it’s exactly the same service?

Admittedly I don't have a Hugo Boss watch, well, I personally don't have a watch of any brand. Haven't had a watch for about 6 or 7 years I guess.

But MrsChrispy wears watches, so I picked up a slab of various sizes of watch batteries from a pound shop, for a pound. They work perfectly well. I use a tiny set of screwdrivers I once had in a Christmas cracker.

I'm sure you wanted to know that!

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Admittedly I don't have a Hugo Boss watch, well, I personally don't have a watch of any brand. Haven't had a watch for about 6 or 7 years I guess.

But MrsChrispy wears watches, so I picked up a slab of various sizes of watch batteries from a pound shop, for a pound. They work perfectly well. I use a tiny set of screwdrivers I once had in a Christmas cracker.

I know I know, I completely sleep walked into it. Grabbed watched that has been dead for months on way out. I just assumed for some bizarre reason it needed some special tool to open the back but didn’t think to look. Even when he said the price I should have legged it but just said yeah. As I walked out it dawned on me that I’d been royally mugged off. 

As you say, I could have probably picked up everything I needed from Poundland for £2 and done it myself.

Furious with myself tbh.

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Does she know you call her MrsChrispy? :crylaugh:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I went into one jewellers to get mine replaced and they said it'd need to be sent off somewhere and I'd get it back in four weeks which sounded ridiculous, so went to another and he did it in 10 minutes for less money (about a tenner).  It's a Tissot, I'm not sure where that would rank in terms of brands as I don't know much about that sort of thing and it was a gift.

I think it’s cos I once had an old watch that had this weird back and needed some fancy tool to rotate and open it. I just assumed it was the case here but no, 4 small standard flat head screws. 

Fray Bentos and their lack of urgency in incorporating the ring pull can opening system .

You shouldn't need two weeks at Stirling Lines learning the art of demolition just to have a pie.

• Like 3

My brothers stag. On the Severn valley line atm.  They're all being annoying dockheads. Considering bailing. I've done my bit and bought the bugger a round or two and funded his trip. Refuse to be embarrassed all evening by the drunkards. Wrong to call a cab and sod.off home or am I filially obliged to see this bollocks thru?

Edited by Rodders

8 minutes ago, Rodders said:

My brothers stag. On the Severn valley line atm.  They're all being annoying dockheads. Considering bailing. I've done my bit and bought the bugger a round or two and funded his trip. Refuse to be embarrassed all evening by the drunkards. Wrong to call a cab and sod.off home or am I filially obliged to see this bollocks thru?

I went to a shit stag do last year that I hated. Bail. **** them guys. 

13 minutes ago, Rodders said:

Are you supposed to be looking out for him and making sure that he isn't dropped off naked somewhere on the Brecons?

If it was a mate or you hated your brother then bail. But if you like your brother you need to stay. Would he be ok with you ditching him on his stag?

Â