Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

5 hours ago, BOF said:

DQwBkms.jpg

I bet they all went to college to major in  'gender studies' or some other such rinky dink course and they all write blogs on feminism. 

1 hour ago, mottaloo said:

At whittards outlet store in Cheshire oaks today. I take ages to choose 2 items of quite ghey style tea, get to the cash desk where the chirpy scouse kid says "spend 3.50 more and you get 2 more !!!"..... i say I can't be bothered as it took me long enough to choose the two i did. He then snorts incredulously and shakes his head in disbelief. 

Stick it up yer hole, ya chirpy, cheeeerpy no mark, with bum fluff for a goatee !!:angry:

You've changed man! What happened to drinking Typhoo?! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

You've changed man! What happened to drinking Typhoo?! 

I know.... I've gone all posh in my old age. Next thing you know, I'll be getting out of the bath to have a pee and also start eating my desi grill with cutlery !

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

People who don't back up their music ;) 

I managed to cobble together most of it from various different places in the end.  The few important bits that were missing were then just kind of magically rediscovered. 

15 minutes ago, BOF said:

I managed to cobble together most of it from various different places in the end.  The few important bits that were missing were then just kind of magically rediscovered. 

Upload it to Google Play. Never worry about it again.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, limpid said:

Upload it to Google Play. Never worry about it again.

I'm way behind on music storage (clearly ...) because I'm not a music person.  The few bits I do like need to be offline because I don't have good monthly network data usage.  But yeah I'll look into using GM as a store.  Up to now I'd transfer from PC HDD, so that was my low-tech equivalent.

26 minutes ago, BOF said:

I'm way behind on music storage (clearly ...) because I'm not a music person.  The few bits I do like need to be offline because I don't have good monthly network data usage.  But yeah I'll look into using GM as a store.  Up to now I'd transfer from PC HDD, so that was my low-tech equivalent.

Upload all your music. Create playlists. On your device click "keep on this device" for a playlist and it'll magically keep those tracks on your device as you change the playlist.

• Thanks 1

Just now, limpid said:

Upload all your music. Create playlists. On your device click "keep on this device" for a playlist and it'll magically keep those tracks on your device as you change the playlist.

I assume they're Google Music app options.  I use CloudPlayer from DoubleTwist :thumb: 

2 hours ago, BOF said:

GM you can download whatever you want while you're on WiFi and then listen to it on the go. You can download your entire collection if you like, and the bonus is if you lose the downloaded version, then you have copies of everything on the cloud.

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

it's a psychotic rabbit hole

Try not to equate mental illness with cisrabbit warrens in future, the brain is a construct and must not be objectified. Please check your non-lagomorpha cohabitation privilege before engaging in discussion to avoid problematic triggering.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 21/10/2017 at 18:41, sheepyvillian said:

Anyone who espouses the doctrine of Karma . Go to a children's Hospice and explain the concept to them poor souls .

My step-Mom, whom I otherwise deeply respect, told me all about how everyone has a guardian angel that takes care of them if they deserve it. I asked her about, for example, the under-fives that suffer and die every day in every country across the world. She stumbled through an answer that included "well, they must have done something bad". I asked her what about the one week old babies who struggle through pain with their condition only to die despite their innocence. I believe her reply include such gems as "perhaps their parents were bad" and "have you thought about what they did in their previous lives?" At that point I left the room.

The disappointing thing is that those type of beliefs are not uncommon.

Bonkers.

Edited by brommy
Spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, brommy said:

My step-Mom, whom I otherwise deeply respect, told me all about how everyone has a guardian angel that takes care of them if they deserve it. I asked her about, for example, the under-fives that suffer and die every day in every country across the world. She stubbled through an answer that included "well, they must have done something bad". I asked her what about the one week old babies who struggle through pain with their condition only to die despite their innocence. I believe her reply include such gems as "perhaps their parents were bad" and "have you thought about what they did in their previous lives?" At that point I left the room.

The disappointing thing is that those type of beliefs are not uncommon.

Bonkers.

You did better than me. I'd have planted her face through the dishwasher.

• Haha 4

20 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

You did better than me. I'd have planted her face through the dishwasher.

Yeah, I know what you mean and both items were to hand at the time, but she's now in her seventies and she once gave up 15 years of her life bringing me up from aged 6 to 21 whilst loving and treating me as good as her own children. That and the fact that planting her face through the dishwasher could have caused a family rift, not to mention breaking my dishwasher.

It's still a ridiculous  belief (to me) that she has and one that it's impossible to dissuade her from without raising the discussion beyond a level I'm comfortable with. If being in my forties has taught me one thing, it's being more tolerant of others with different beliefs; be that social, political or guardian angels who murder their subjects because they have been naughty in this or a previous incarnation.

7 hours ago, brommy said:

Yeah, I know what you mean and both items were to hand at the time, but she's now in her seventies and she once gave up 15 years of her life bringing me up from aged 6 to 21 whilst loving and treating me as good as her own children. That and the fact that planting her face through the dishwasher could have caused a family rift, not to mention breaking my dishwasher.

It's still a ridiculous  belief (to me) that she has and one that it's impossible to dissuade her from without raising the discussion beyond a level I'm comfortable with. If being in my forties has taught me one thing, it's being more tolerant of others with different beliefs; be that social, political or guardian angels who murder their subjects because they have been naughty in this or a previous incarnation.

My own mother has two beliefs that drive me to absolute distraction, but as you say, properly tackling it just isn't worth the family based grief.

Item one, horoscopes. Apparently, there must be 'something' in it, or they wouldn't still be doing it.

Item two, a belief in whatever is printed in a newspaper. A bad base to be working from at the best of times, but she reads the Daily Mail. I've given up trying to tell her that muslamic death flu spiders are not getting here in french cheese and fiddling with celebrities' children. Her response, 'well they wouldn't just make it up'.

What's particularly annoying with the belief in whatever has been written in a newspaper is that many years ago, she herself was the subject of an article in a local paper. She spoke directly to the journalist about all the facts. She stood there with a journalist asking questions and writing down answers in a little pad. When the story came out, every single point of 'fact' was changed. It was truly strange, I'd been there in the room myself and witnessed the conversation. It was a piece about a letter she'd sent, to a relative in Australia, that got returned 10 years later, having been held as evidence as it had been in a mail bag on a hi jacked plane that had been blown up on some dusty middle east runway (when that was the fashion). 

They got her name wrong, her age, where the letter was going, when it had been sent, where it got blown up. They had the whole story, but every single detail wrong.

She knows that I myself was once wrongly named in a newspaper for being banned from football for hooliganism.* 

Having had those personal experiences, to this day, she reads something in the paper and thinks, 'must be true'.

*I had been banned, but for non-attendance. The owner believed I was leading a boycott. He told me the ban would be lifted if I started attending games again. He had certain problems. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â