Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

People who get wound up about creeping early Christmas

'there are Christmas decorations up! In October!'

'she asked me if I was ready for Christmas!'

Who **** cares? People can start preparing for Christmas whenever they want. And mid October it starts getting dark early anyway and weather getting colder etc. Some people enjoy the lead up to Christmas. Live your own life and stop being so grumpy.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Who **** cares? People can start preparing for Christmas whenever they want. And mid October it starts getting dark early anyway and weather getting colder etc. Some people enjoy the lead up to Christmas. Live your own life and stop being so grumpy.

They're selling Easter Eggs already! 

1 hour ago, darrenm said:

Should only be allowed about a week before the thing and should all be wrapped up by the 27th. **** shit that christmas is.

A Facebook friend of mine has posted a link for a petition to pressure the Navy to support early retirement for an ex shipmate of his, since this person is injured/disabled or something.

Anyway, it seems like a worthy cause. Not that I would sign it anyway, but the petition is from Tommy Robinson's website. 

Boring fireworks, already been going off for a week.

It's like the one time a year the scummers buy less fags and Carling Black Label so they can explode stuff.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

That I've just smashed in over half a packet of Terry's Chocolate Orange Minins, and have nothing to show for it, other than a sick feeling.

You've just indulged in chocolate. Surely that's one for the things that cheer you up thread? 

I have said this pretty much every year but never see why people get irate in the slightest about others enthusing in anyway what so ever about Christmas. It is perfect for this thread. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I have said this pretty much every year but never see why people get irate in the slightest about others enthusing in anyway what so ever about Christmas. It is perfect for this thread. 

It's just the timing. I LOVE Christmas, and starting the season so early dilutes what I want to experience as an intense burst of seasonal nostalgia IN DECEMBER. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Because I hate christmas. It's shit. ;)

Seriously, I don't care about other people liking it but it's a bit much when it's in shops earlier and earlier and people go on about it all the bloody time and when people crap on about being nice to people because it's christmas.

Here's an idea - be nice to people whether or not it's **** christmas (I think I may have said similar before on here).

Edited by snowychap

It's not in shops earlier and earlier every year.

For the last 10 years there's always been Xmas stuff in the shops come September, it pisses me off that no one realises they're moaning about things that have been the same for ages and not realised. 

My wife has already gotten most of our stuff for friends and family and a few for our kid.  I call her crazy, but it means we'll have more in the bank come January :) 

4 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

My wife has already gotten most of our stuff for friends and family and a few for our kid.  I call her crazy, but it means we'll have more in the bank come January :) 

#PedantAlert

Won't you have exactly the same amount in the bank come January, whether you buy presents in September or December?

Just now, ender4 said:

#PedantAlert

Won't you have exactly the same amount in the bank come January, whether you buy presents in September or December?

Not in my experience.  If there's spare money in the pot, we do days out/decorate etc etc.  We'll spend more wisely than if we just waited till Dec, spend probably nearly a grand on Xmas and then had a long month in Jan (my lads bday in Jan too, so we need to hold back a bit too).   

12 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

It's not in shops earlier and earlier every year.

For the last 10 years there's always been Xmas stuff in the shops come September, it pisses me off that no one realises they're moaning about things that have been the same for ages and not realised.

I'm not sure that the earlier and earlier every year comment was meant to be taken quite so literally. ;)

As your second sentence seems to implicitly acknowledge, more than a decade ago things may have been slightly different.

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

And that it makes literally no difference to our lives if it's advertised earlier anyway :) 

That is 'literally' incorrect.

If the whole thing pisses you off (and hearing about it through advertising also pisses you off which is rather implicit) then hearing about it for longer would, necessarily, piss you off more - thus making a difference to someone's life. :)

• Like 1

Â