Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

7 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I'm not sure that the earlier and earlier every year comment was meant to be taken quite so literally. ;)

As your second sentence seems to implicitly acknowledge, more than a decade ago things may have been slightly different.

Consumerism has moved on since the maturity of the internet and the shops have had to keep up.  I guess that's the key difference. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Consumerism has moved on since the maturity of the internet and the shops have had to keep up.  I guess that's the key difference. 

I wouldn't disagree as that seems a plausible explanation.

It would also lend succour to (some of) my reasons for being pissed off. :D

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

It's not in shops earlier and earlier every year.

For the last 10 years there's always been Xmas stuff in the shops come September, it pisses me off that no one realises they're moaning about things that have been the same for ages and not realised. 

My wife has already bought most of our stuff for friends and family and a few for our kid.  I call her crazy, but it means we'll have more in the bank come January :) 

Fixed :)

First day back after a great week off.... forgot my train pass, had to deal with a complaint at work, sat on a piss soaked toilet seat (schoolboy error not checking!) and trains cancelled on way home so spent over an hour on a bus. The holiday seems a long time ago now! 

• Like 1

"You never see a poor farmer" as my late Grandad used to say. He grew up in Aston and then lived in Kingstanding for 60 years so not sure he ever saw a farmer at all!

Kudos for the rant though @NurembergVillan, it cheered me up. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

image.png

^^^ This, and its various iterations across the supermarkets.

"An extra 25p goes to farmers when you buy this milk".

The cheeky bastards.  Either the supermarket should pay the right amount for farmers' produce and reflect that in the price, or the farmers should just suck it up.  They shouldn't be a charity case for the few people left in this country who can actually afford to pay for their groceries.  You don't see many people queuing up at food banks in Hunter wellies and Barbour jackets so they can't be doing that bad.

And they all voted for Brexit, so they could "get a fair deal".  And then started bitching and whining that they're going to lose out on their EU subsidies so want the government to cover it instead.  So when they're living it up in Brexit Wonderland, will we see the demise of "Plead for Tweed"?

No chance.  Give it a couple of years and it'll have changed to "An extra £1500 goes to farmers when you buy this milk, because the country is so poor everyone's now existing on home grown cress and Giles here can't afford to send his kids to private school".

Farmers are getting it up the arse off the supermarkets, so they've all agreed to give us the option to bail them out like some sort of creamy Comic Relief, except the farmers are the only ones with red noses.  Arseholes.

"Get ****, I'll buy the one that's 25p cheaper thanks.  Freeloading fox-botherers."

we have a thread for Brexit rants  , so this post pisses me off :) 

however , the biggest cause of problems for milk farmers is there is more supply than demand  ..caused primarily by Russia imposing  a ban and China imports decreased  .. neither to do with Brexit or the EU ( other than the EU started it by backing a revolution in Ukraine and imposing sanctions on Russia :) )

27 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

we have a thread for Brexit rants  , so this post pisses me off :) 

however , the biggest cause of problems for milk farmers is there is more supply than demand  ..caused primarily by Russia imposing  a ban and China imports decreased  .. neither to do with Brexit or the EU ( other than the EU started it by backing a revolution in Ukraine and imposing sanctions on Russia :) )

It's not a Brexit rant!  It's a "farmers as a charitable cause" rant.  I've mentioned Brexit because huge amounts of farmers were in favour of it, and now appear on course to be "even worse" off as a result.

I don't add a picture of myself wearing wellies in a field to my invoices alongside an option to pay an up-charge of 20%.

It absolutely takes the piss.

• Like 1

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

It's not a Brexit rant!  It's a "farmers as a charitable cause" rant.  I've mentioned Brexit because huge amounts of farmers were in favour of it, and now appear on course to be "even worse" off as a result.

I don't add a picture of myself wearing wellies in a field to my invoices alongside an option to pay an up-charge of 20%.

It absolutely takes the piss.

fair enough 

P.s

have you not thought of adding a picture of you in suit  jacket , T-shirt and jeans next to your Porsche with every invoice ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â