Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Group of us meeting up on Halloween after work. Ive ordered copious amounts of brach's candy corn, got a few wychbold brewery spooky ales in, bit of pumpkin pie and a toffee apple. Going to watch The Fog and REC.. It's silly and pointless but can be fun and these days I'd rather have a bit of pointless fun then cross my arms, scowl and tut my way through the night.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Group of us meeting up on Halloween after work. Ive ordered copious amounts of brach's candy corn, got a few wychbold brewery spooky ales in, bit of pumpkin pie and a toffee apple. Going to watch The Fog and REC.. It's silly and pointless but can be fun and these days I'd rather have a bit of pointless fun then cross my arms, scowl and tut my way through the night.

6 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Celebrating Halloween is a load of Americanised bollocks. Understandable if you have kids, if you don't then you are a monumental f*cktard.

Well that is that then.

• Haha 1

Luckily, (no offence to Dr P :P) I don't give a flying wotsit if someone thinks I'm a clearing for enjoying Halloween. I'll do it even more when I have kids.

I'm not religious but I still do pancakes, easter eggs & Christmas. I celebrate the random day I was born. I love bonfire night. I celebrate New Year etc... Me and the ex used to do valentine's Day if we felt like it but we never felt pressure to do it.

Granted it's all ultimately pointless but being a working class adult sucks sometimes so a break from working/mundanity of life/staying in on my own is an excuse to have a silly bit of fun and yes, I know I can do it on other nights throughout the year too. I just think people take it too seriously and need to lighten up.

I'm not decorating my flat in cobwebs, spiders and witches or anything, I'm having a beer and watching a scary film. I don't start or think about Christmas until the second week of December at the earliest. So I'm not as bad as others.

I understand the whole 'forced entertainment' or feeling obliged to do it on a day decided by marketing or advertisement aspect of it but if I'm honest, I don't care. Find a middle ground, don't do what companies want you to do and spend loads of money but also, you can enjoy it in your own way whatever the occasion. It's what you make it.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 4

Mrs h and I always agree we won’t do Valentine’s Day 

then ill I’ll buy her something thus giving me the high ground to store in the bank for use at a future date

of course , come that future date , she then points out that I bought her Toblerone , that she doesn’t bloody well  like Toblerone and that I ate the bloody thing anyway

women hey ...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

I'm not religious but I still do pancakes, easter eggs & Christmas. I celebrate the random day I was born. I love bonfire night. I celebrate New Year etc... Me and the ex used to do valentine's Day if we felt liked it. 

That would be a freaky mix if religious. Unless you think they all have something to do with Christianity. :) 

(Pagan, pagan, pagan, chronological, political, chronological, Roman.)

• Haha 1

Probably one for the religion thread, but...

Just watching this BBC4 programme "Retreat: Meditations From a Monastery", supposed to induce a feeling of calm and tranquility. In fact it's making my blood boil at the utter futility of it. Makes me want to scream "Get a **** ing life you stupid kiddy fiddling superstitious misfits". 

• Like 1

Â