Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Just got back from the gym. What really yanks my chain are those ignorant gits who occupy a weight machine but instead of using it, they just sit on it tapping away on their smart phones for ages. Then they do 4 or 5 token reps just to "prove" they're using the kit....then it's back on the phone. I don't mind if you're changing your music or updating your current workout schedule but no, you just sit on here, gassing away on snapchat/facebook whilst others are hovering around waiting for you to shift your arse !! :angry: 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

New telly doesn't have a hole for a scart lead, now I have to fanny about finding the right thing to connect the DVD player in the shops.  I hate it when new stuff comes out with different connection thingymajigs.

That's the great thing about standards - there are so many to choose from... 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Just got back from the gym. What really yanks my chain are those ignorant gits who occupy a weight machine but instead of using it, they just sit on it tapping away on their smart phones for ages. Then they do 4 or 5 token reps just to "prove" they're using the kit....then it's back on the phone. I don't mind if you're changing your music or updating your current workout schedule but no, you just sit on here, gassing away on snapchat/facebook whilst others are hovering around waiting for you to shift your arse !! :angry: 

What's really pissing me off in the gym lately is guys picking up dumbbells to do an exercise and doing it right next to the weight rack so nobody else can grab any weights until they've finished their millionth rep of some weird tricep or shoulder exercise. Just take literally 3 steps back you words removed. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JB said:

What's really pissing me off in the gym lately is guys picking up dumbbells to do an exercise and doing it right next to the weight rack so nobody else can grab any weights until they've finished their millionth rep of some weird tricep or shoulder exercise. Just take literally 3 steps back you words removed. 

Have you tried asking them politely? 

(Disclaimer: I have never been in a gym, and know nothing about gym etiquette).

26 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

5 rep rocket polisher, with a 90-180 sec rest period here. I'll gladly let you work in if you ask :P 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Have you tried asking them politely? 

(Disclaimer: I have never been in a gym, and know nothing about gym etiquette).

I could do but it's not good form to interrupt someone in the middle of a set. It's probably worse than training in front of the rack, in fact.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mottaloo said:

I'm glad it's not just my gym that has all the rocket polishers

do yours before they sit down at the machine to update Facebook walk up to the water fountain and the proceed to slowly fill a huge bottle of water right to the brim when they can see people waiting to take a drink

7 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

do yours before they sit down at the machine to update Facebook walk up to the water fountain and the proceed to slowly fill a huge bottle of water right to the brim when they can see people waiting to take a drink

Oh yes ! I wouldn't care but the amount of effort they put in to their workout doesn't even deserve a egg cupfull of water. They just turn up for a pose. I heard one moan to her mate that it took a whole 10 mins to put on her false lashes in the locker room.

I kid you not. 

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

People who sponge off other people's netflix/spotify accounts.

None of these things are expensive for what they are. Get your own account you cheap ****.

Yes!

Someone asked me at work a few months ago If they could use my netflix logon so they 'could have a look'. You get a free 30 day trial FFS and its only £6 a month or something 

5 hours ago, mottaloo said:

She is working out mate.. working her social media profile so she can get plenty of likes and comments from her beta orbiters.

• Haha 1

"Fed of always being skint"

Well don't smoke a pack of fags every day, get pissed on Broad St every weekend and lease a car that you struggle to pay for you daft bint. 

Just a normal day in the office. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Seat68 said:

A friend messaged me to boycott spoons, like that is going to happen, it's his second strike.

Its silly mate. I don't know whether its because i used to be in the army, but i had about a dozen people tagging me in posts and even a few private messages commenting on the outrage of banning the poppy. 

It took a 30 second Google search on my part to determine it was nonsense. 

15 hours ago, Xela said:

"Fed of always being skint"

Well don't smoke a pack of fags every day, get pissed on Broad St every weekend and lease a car that you struggle to pay for you daft bint. 

Just a normal day in the office. 

My only luxory's are a few cans on a Thursday night and a curry on a Friday night, I've had people say 'you can't complain about being skint if you are buying a curry every week' jesus christ if I can't afford something like a curry then what is the point of going to work in the first **** place.

I hate having to sit there and listen to people harping on about how they are skint because they can't afford a holiday or something like that, come back and speak to me when you are buying a loaf of bread on your credit card because you don't have a penny left in your bank account.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Yes. Whilst on this topic I despise people who workout right in front of the dumbell rack, where you know, people might actually want to use some weights from. I also absolutely hate people who think they can use a bench to rest their phones, water bottles, hoodies etc. Again, these are for the purposes of weight lifting, not a storage unit. 

• Like 1

Shoppers who monopolise the fruit section of supermarkets and feel a need to physically manhandle every flipping banana, apple etc just in case they may suffer the indignity of a mild bruise. One woman spent a good 10 minutes with trolley parked sideways across tge rest of the bananas checking every goddamn piece of fruit. I went home with grapes instead. word removed.

• Like 2

New carpets fitted in the boys bedroom... of course the door won’t shut , so needed to plane it down .... how hard can it be ?

so managed to introduce my children to some new words that hopefully they don’t know the meaning of as well as managing to damage all the paint work on the door as it slid across the patio table I was using as a work bench ... oh and I hadn’t taken enough off the first time so had to take it off and do it again

on the plus side my thumb has stopped bleeding and I didn’t get any on his carpet

Thing is I already knew I’m shit at DIY , what possessed me to think that I gained superhero powers from the milk in my coffee this morning !!

never again 

Edited by tonyh29
  • Like 4

Â