Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

It’s all wrapped up in other issues as well, it isn’t simply about this case.
At the same time as we have these parents demanding massive funds and resource to ‘save’ their child, we have others asking to be assisted to die. There is the whole issue of who has final ‘responsibility’ for the child. We are essentially finding out where the law stands on state control versus parental control of children. You can’t hit a child, that’s widely accepted these days. Well, perhaps you can’t take your child home to allow them to die either. Certainly not if that means removing resource from a hospital. Where are the rights of the next parent wanting their child cared for if the staff and equipment have been moved out for private palliative care? We either ration, in which case someone somewhere needs to decide when you’ve had your share, or we open cheque book. In which case we can all expect an extra 20p in the pound on taxes.
Horrible situation with no right or wrong. In fact, the public debate, the pressure groups for both sides and the ability to look at the detail of every decision is probably the nearest thing to the ‘right thing’ that there is.

• Like 2

Photobucket suddenly deciding they want $40 a month to allow me to keep linking pictures to VT. That's a solid amount of lost images in the gifs, ice rink and phunnay threads.

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Photobucket? Do you access that using AOL dialup before checking your Hotmail? 

Imgur is the way to go. 

I check my hotmail :(

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Imgur is the way to go. 

When you've been using it from day 1 and all your photos are on there..........

Probably a good nudge to move on to more modern technology though.

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Imgur is the way to go. 

Remember when you used to get a free internet trial on an AOL disc?

I might be the last person on the planet still using flickr for my linking of pics.. I keep expecting that to be gone next time I check in.

Asked my kids if they used it, they claimed not to have even heard of it! 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, choffer said:

When you've been using it from day 1 and all your photos are on there..........

Probably a good nudge to move on to more modern technology though.

It's also a good reminder that while "The Cloud" is convenient, it's not a good idea to keep the only copies online (or at least have copies on multiple services). I'm surprised Photobucket is still in business, all of your photos could disappear overnight.

You can download them all album by album, so hopefully you don't have too many!

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's also a good reminder that while "The Cloud" is convenient, it's not a good idea to keep the only copies online (or at least have copies on multiple services). I'm surprised Photobucket is still in business, all of your photos could disappear overnight.

Re- photos you don't want to lose, there's really no excuse when a 1Tb drive is less than £50

5d6b579b2791915b67633450c7eb6801.png

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Ah no. I have all the photosI want backed up on local hdd and in the cloud. I only ever used the bucket for sharing nonsense in the aforementioned threads. I can't see me dl'ing them all just to fix the broken links on the ice rink thread ;)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, choffer said:

Ah no. I have all the photosI want backed up on local hdd and in the cloud. I only ever used the bucket for sharing nonsense in the aforementioned threads. I can't see me dl'ing them all just to fix the broken links on the ice rink thread ;)

I used to use imageshack or tinypic for the nonsense stuff :) 

I'm. not pissed off that I've just paid 12 euros for less than a pint in Paris. But whoever invented the selfie stick is pissing me right off. Thousands of pricks wandering the streets with £700+ cameras attached to a £5 expanding tube of metal. Please can some street criminal decide that stealing the camera from these turds is a good and easy way to earn some cash. 

• Like 1

Â