Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

12 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

The worst thing about Fox News is the shit corny American country rock they play in between news feeds.

I've never seen Fox News (why would I?), but I'm quite partial to a bit of corny American country rock, so maybe it's not all bad. 

Just now, mjmooney said:

I've never seen Fox News (why would I?), but I'm quite partial to a bit of corny American country rock, so maybe it's not all bad. 

I prefer CNN but now and again Fox News will get half hour of my time. The women dress very provocative on American news channels.

There's a guy at work who I don't really know as he's fairly new and works a different shift, but three times in the past couple of weeks I've had to clear up and fix some work he's done wrong, in one case a complete rework of something that was a headache.

I don't know if they were genuine mistakes or he was cutting corners but I think it's probably the latter. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and didn't point them out to anybody (although perhaps I should have, so he'd know for next time).

Anyway, he got called out in an office huddle on Friday, praised for his excellent quality and productivity and won an award that will go towards his bonus.

I really had to bite my tongue, I was fuming. Probably my own fault for not flagging it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Paddywhack said:

There's a guy at work who I don't really know as he's fairly new and works a different shift, but three times in the past couple of weeks I've had to clear up and fix some work he's done wrong, in one case a complete rework of something that was a headache.

I don't know if they were genuine mistakes or he was cutting corners but I think it's probably the latter. I gave him the benefit of the doubt and didn't point them out to anybody (although perhaps I should have, so he'd know for next time).

Anyway, he got called out in an office huddle on Friday, praised for his excellent quality and productivity and won an award that will go towards his bonus.

I really had to bite my tongue, I was fuming. Probably my own fault for not flagging it.

Keep that upper lip nice and stiff old chap.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

How frustrating!

What is the impact if you don't do the re-work?

35 minutes ago, Xela said:

How frustrating!

What is the impact if you don't do the re-work?

I didn't have a choice really, they dropped in my queue because of his mistakes, but nobody would know he'd made the mistakes if I didn't tell anyone...if that makes sense. It's a very boring process.

9 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Wife is off to New York early hours tomorrow morning :(

While the cat's away... 

So I'm sure the majority of people will disagree or not understand my anger here, but every time I'm  away on holiday my folks come round my house and do stuff. Weeding, maintenance, cleaning etc. It really winds me up and to me, makes me look incompetent to my neighbours (who have already mentioned today that I'm lucky my parents do everything for me).

My parents own the house and I rent it off them, which is obviously great money wise and officially it would be the landlords responsibility for maintenance, but they could easily do it when I'm here so I can help rather than do it when I'm away.

8 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

So I'm sure the majority of people will disagree or not understand my anger here, but every time I'm  away on holiday my folks come round my house and do stuff. Weeding, maintenance, cleaning etc. It really winds me up and to me, makes me look incompetent to my neighbours (who have already mentioned today that I'm lucky my parents do everything for me).

My parents own the house and I rent it off them, which is obviously great money wise and officially it would be the landlords responsibility for maintenance, but they could easily do it when I'm here so I can help rather than do it when I'm away.

They handed out packets of forget-me-not seeds at my wife's nan's funeral, which we planted in the garden.

My parents were feeding my cat whilst we were away on our honeymoon and they thought it'd be nice to tidy our garden up. They pulled out all the forget-me-nots along with a few other plants, believing they were weeds.

Thhhhhhhaaaaanks mom, through gritted teeth.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Your parents are rifling through all your personal items, drawers and letters whilst you are away. The cleaning and maintenance is just cover for them to snoop and find out about your private affairs...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Genie said:

Your parents are rifling through all your personal items, drawers and letters whilst you are away. The cleaning and maintenance is just cover for them to snoop and find out about your private affairs...

Probably, luckily have nothing to hide

20 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

My mother in law was a nightmare for this with my sister in law, she'd then be gossiping "whilst I was cleaning I spotted her bank statements", "oh I can't believe what she's got on her credit cards that I picked up by mistake...."

4 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Good man. Always keep the really incriminating stuff in a shipping container in a storage yard. 

l0fb.gif

• Like 3

Wife just rang to say we are in New York and just getting cab to hotel and the weather is lovely lar di lar

yeah im at home looking after 3 kids and I'm in agony from having the bone removed out of my ear. But yeah, you have a nice ****** time .

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Wife just rang to say we are in New York and just getting cab to hotel and the weather is lovely lar di lar

yeah im at home looking after 3 kids and I'm in agony from having the bone removed out of my ear. But yeah, you have a nice ****** time .

Nice for your other half to have a good time though yeah?

Mr. Selfish!

• Like 1

Â