Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

18 hours ago, darrenm said:

I've yet to find any good reason to not wish wasps were extinct. They apparently have a tenuous claim to a place in the food chain and aren't especially important to keep anything else under control. I'd love to wipe the angry little **** out.

I thought about this a while back.  Wasps and humans are quite similar.  They're of very little use to other animals.  They're selfish and annoying and the world would be much better off without them.  So I think in that sense we should have a grudging respect for them.  They're only doing their thing while we do ours.  They're a truly horrible bastard of a species, just like us.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BOF said:

I thought about this a while back.  Wasps and humans are quite similar.  They're of very little use to other animals.  They're selfish and annoying and the world would be much better off without them.  So I think in that sense we should have a grudging respect for them.  They're only doing their thing while we do ours.  They're a truly horrible bastard of a species, just like us.

One thing I will add is that wasps are not destroying the world. I have read though that extremists are planning on attaching bombs onto them.

On 09/04/2017 at 10:43, villa4europe said:

In a bar with the missus last night, we're stood next to some woman at the bar, she says her names something and offers her hand for shaking, I tell her my name and shake hands, she licked my hand...my missus went nuts at me, I just about stopped her from storming our, still moaning about it this morning

I don't get why your wife is pissed off at you?

You should be pissed off with her at being pissed off at you.

On 09/04/2017 at 10:43, villa4europe said:

In a bar with the missus last night, we're stood next to some woman at the bar, she says her names something and offers her hand for shaking, I tell her my name and shake hands, she licked my hand...my missus went nuts at me, I just about stopped her from storming our, still moaning about it this morning

Oh you've got one of those ones.  My condolences.

I was in a bar last night and got chatting to a bloke from England. The conversation went as follows:

Me: "Where you from?"

Bloke: "Just outside Manchester."

Me: "Oh right, where exactly?"

Bloke: "Do you know Leeds? There"

Me: "....right."

I just left him to his own devices after that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

I was in a bar last night and got chatting to a bloke from England. The conversation went as follows:

Me: "Where you from?"

Bloke: "Just outside Manchester."

Me: "Oh right, where exactly?"

Bloke: "Do you know Leeds? There"

Me: "....right."

I just left him to his own devices after that.

That's terrible.  For such a big city though Leeds has a pretty low key identity compared to some other places.

It's actually deeply shocking. Having lived here for over 40 years, I can assure you that there is nowhere on earth that Leeds folk hate and despise more than Manchester. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

It's actually deeply shocking. Having lived here for over 40 years, I can assure you that there is nowhere on earth that Leeds folk hate and despise more than Manchester. 

rubbish-seaside-leeds-tagged.png

Disgusting.

Context:

A United spokesperson told the Louisville Courier-Journal that “Flight 3411 from Chicago to Louisville was overbooked.” That prompted staff members to ask for volunteers to take another flight.

“After our team looked for volunteers, one customer refused to leave the aircraft voluntarily and law enforcement was asked to come to the gate,” the spokesperson added.

Here’s how law enforcement dealt with that customer, who according to other passengers is a doctor who had to be back in Louisville to see patients Monday morning:

The woman who posted that video to Facebook, Audra D. Bridges, told the Courier-Journal that passengers boarded the flight, but were then told four people needed to volunteer to exit to make room for United employees who had to travel to Louisville. United offered $800 for volunteers, but had no takers.

A United manager then came aboard the plane and explained that a computer would randomly select four people who would then have to exit. The man who was later dragged off the flight was among them.

“The manager told him that security would be called if he did not leave willingly, Bridges said, and the man said he was calling his lawyer,” the Courier-Journal reports, conveying Bridges’ account of events. “One security official came and spoke with him, and then another security officer came when he still refused. Then, she said, a third security official came on the plane and threw the passenger against the armrest before dragging him out of the plane.”

He was out cold after being smashed into an armrest. I **** hate these companies. It's THEIR mistake to overbook.

• Like 1

The airline are clearings in the woods, without a doubt, forcing out paying customers because they haven't managed their staffing correctly.

Who are the people actually dragging him out? Airport security or the airline's goons? Either way that third one is captured on camera committing whatever the US version of ABH is. It's a completely over the top reaction. He can't just **** knock someone out and rag them off the plane, I hope he's locked up.

The company's policies are bullshit and they should be ashamed, but I'm fairly sure they don't have a policy to knock the shit out of uncooperative passengers.

Edited by Davkaus

44 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Disgusting.

Context:

He was out cold after being smashed into an armrest. I **** hate these companies. It's THEIR mistake to overbook.

It's utterly horrific, however given the evidence and the litigation culture in the US, he could get a comfortable 7 figures for that assault in compensation, and he'd deserve every penny in my book.

Whilst most airlines overbook, the video footage of United Airlines so physically enforcing the policy, just so their own staff could travel on that aircraft, will cost United millions in lost revenue. Whilst hoping the guy is okay, I also wonder what on earth United Airlines will do in terms of damage limitation. I also wonder if this incident will force the whole airline overbooking policy to be reviewed. 

Appalling behaviour but payday for the passenger. I'd take them to the cleaners!

On the subject of overbooking, it still amazes me that they do it. I booked a flight to Hamburg for a stag weekend and i'd paid 6 months prior and when I went to check in on the day they said they were fully booked! I said how can you be, I've paid for a ticket and they just said I hadn't checked in yet so I was on the standby list. If they couldn't get me on this flight they'd try the one tomorrow. I was only going for 2 nights. As it happened I got on but I was still seething when I was on the flight! 

• Like 2

Â