Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Thing is it wasn't really that stripey, hence the uncertainty over whether it was a wasp or bee.  It kind of had a dark red tinge to it with some stripes higher up.  I was worried it might be some sort of Madagascan killer death wasp that has developed here because of global warming so got up and moved about ten yards away in the end.

• Like 1

I've yet to find any good reason to not wish wasps were extinct. They apparently have a tenuous claim to a place in the food chain and aren't especially important to keep anything else under control. I'd love to wipe the angry little **** out.

• Like 1

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Thing is it wasn't really that stripey, hence the uncertainty over whether it was a wasp or bee.  It kind of had a dark red tinge to it with some stripes higher up.  I was worried it might be some sort of Madagascan killer death wasp that has developed here because of global warming so got up and moved about ten yards away in the end.

We apparently have European hornets now due to global warming. I'm glad we're out the EU now so we can send them back.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, darrenm said:

We apparently have European hornets now due to global warming. I'm glad we're out the EU now so we can send them back.

It won't be that simple though. We will have to keep them for years afterwards for some reason to ensure we are not overrun by Dutch Elm disease or summat. 

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It won't be that simple though. We will have to keep them for years afterwards for some reason to ensure we are not overrun by Dutch Elm disease or summat. 

Plus one of the European hornets is bound to be a terrorist. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mottaloo said:

I wish i could share your enthusiasm xela. We outsourced a lot of our IT services to 2 different companies based in india (not before the poor buggers earmarked for redundancy had to train up their indian counterparts) and it's safe to say that dealing with the "third parties" is 99% pure bloody frustration ! Language difficulties, dealing with their call centres who seem to be unable to deviate from a script and the pure fact that we are just one of many accounts they deal with gives the distinct impression that they dont "get" the pressures of our business, which is particularly galling when our own inhouse team were on the ball - not always perfect but knew our industry. 

Cheap isn't always best :(

I have frequently wondered if anyone has ever costed out the amount that offshoring REALLY costs a company. All they seem to look at is the savings, sack x workers here and ship the jobs to India and save 70% in wages or whatever. 

But no one ever seems measure the inefficiencies it then drives into the companies with hidden time penalty costs,  i know they try to measure error but I bet way more go unreported than reported as its usually too much of a pain to report errors. 

Then how many costumers leave because of the downturn in service levels. 

And don't give me the rubbish about them all having degrees, I don't believe for one second that the quality of the degree is anything like a degree from a UK university. 

I deal frequently with a company who has offshored services to Poland and something always seems to go wrong with that side of things and then becomes impossible to resolve.  So guess what, I think twice before using that company.  This can't just be me, it must happen all over the shop but goes unnoticed. 

I have however heard of some companies bringing jobs back to the UK after experiencing some of these problems though so some must monitor carefully. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Xela said:

Plus one of the European hornets is bound to be a terrorist. 

I would think they could be fairly easily caught though in some kind of sting operation!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I would think they could be fairly easily caught though in some kind of sting operation!

3110430+_feee03ee3225f1b76545d450ba6b46b

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Xela said:

Not sure where to post this but parts of it does piss me off so this is probably the best place.

We've recently off-shored some admin roles to India (cost cutting etc). Everyone affected in the UK has ben redeployed so that's good news. Now, I was apprehensive at first as the team in India would be doing my paperwork (legal and financial documentation relating to deals I have secured) and was worried about if the standards and service would slip in going from a UK team to an Indian team. How wrong was I! Within a matter of weeks the team in India are not only up speed but have vastly improved the service.

I was used to 2/3 days for paperwork, extending to a week at busy times. Waiting times are now less than 2 days and in most cases, it's same day! It is the same number of people over there that was in the UK. The work ethic seems completely different. It pisses me off as it seems that a lot of the UK team were taking the piss for a lot of the time (not all of them, the best ones get promoted into my area or other parts of the business) as people in a different country with English as a second language are, in a matter of months, far more productive than they were, and some of them had been doing it years. 

I can see why companies do this if they have similar experiences. 

The work ethic is for sure very different to what it is here but I think there are fairly dark reasons for this. 

The work ethic in the UK would have been similar in the early 1900's for similar reasons. 

They are very very grateful to have a job. 

Most are only a generation or 2 from living rural peasant lifestyles, being able to have a good job in an office is still seen as a great privilege. 

If they don't work hard and succeed they will have little social care to fall back on and little employment law to protect them. If they are ill there will be no or very limited statutory sick pay. 

In the UK we are lazy, but we have options and protections. It's hard to maintain amongst the vast majority of the working population a single minded work ethic when they can start moaning about their lot and get away with it, ask questions or slack off and not be just got rid of, and if they are got rid of they have money to support them and somewhere to live.  It's always going to blunt the absolute desire to work and not do ANYTHING that might endanger that ability to work. 

There will always be some very driven people regardless and there will always be some people who prefer to not work and play the system for all that they can get...... But if there was no system to play they would soon have a different attitude. 

It's the price we pay for having a caring society. 

Interestingly though since the squeeze on social care and support and a general lack of jobs over the last few years apparently there has been a huge decrease in the amount of sick time people have off these days as they are scared to be seen as slackers, which shows people will change their attitudes if they feel they have to have their job. 

yeah i just commented on that on twitter, what the **** does that even mean

i dont mind cheering amazing shots in and around the green but its every drive when in reality they probably cant actually judge it very well either

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I deal frequently with a company who has offshored services to Poland and something always seems to go wrong with that side of things and then becomes impossible to resolve.  So guess what, I think twice before using that company.  This can't just be me, it must happen all over the shop but goes unnoticed. 

Poland is going to be THE service industry offshore hub, if my company is following the trend. We've doubled in size in just the last year or so and more and more contracts are coming here. Provision and quality is fantastic too.

Edited by StefanAVFC

These nonsense articles popping up on Facebook lately like "Tired all the time? It's a sign of your brainpower" or "Constantly late to things? It means you're intelligent and creative", they're nothing but positive affirmation for idiots and useless people so they can feel better about being so crap at not getting enough sleep or having basic adult skills such as punctuality.

I fully expect to see something like "Fat, unemployed and have terrible hygiene? It means you're actually super smart, creative, talented and wonderful at everything" cropping up soon. 

Basically, **** this "everyone's a winner!" cotton-wool wrapped world we live in now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

American golf spectators..... "Ham and cheese Ricky, ham and cheese"

seriously wtf!?!! Let them play a shot without inane whooping and hollering 

GET IN THE HOLE. 

To be fair though Golf full stop though I think I have covered that on here already. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Just to add balance to the conversation, I outsourced some admin work to an Indian company when I was at JLR and they were **** terrible.

Accenture, by any chance ?

Â