Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

19 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

The Boat Race. I dare not walk down the high street today or go to any pubs or restaurants because they'll be full of pissed up, Hoorah Henry word removeds, dressed like absolute bell ends in tweed, red trousers and boat shoes. 

And why the **** the BBC thinks enough people care for it to be a televised event is another thing. Stop wasting our TV licence money on shite like this you absolute cretins.

related - there was a news item about one lad switching sides and his old team mates refusing to speak to him :crylaugh: pathetic individuals. He switched Uni's to pursue his PhD - which was the better place for him to do it, and the weirdos think he's a traitor. These people are older than 6 and still behaving like that. Depressing

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

The Boat Race. I dare not walk down the high street today or go to any pubs or restaurants because they'll be full of pissed up, Hoorah Henry word removeds, dressed like absolute bell ends in tweed, red trousers and boat shoes. 

And why the **** the BBC thinks enough people care for it to be a televised event is another thing. Stop wasting our TV licence money on shite like this you absolute cretins.

So glad I don't live in Mortlake any more. That one day a year is enough to put anyone off ever living there.

2 hours ago, Rodders said:

related - there was a news item about one lad switching sides and his old team mates refusing to speak to him :crylaugh: pathetic individuals. He switched Uni's to pursue his PhD - which was the better place for him to do it, and the weirdos think he's a traitor. These people are older than 6 and still behaving like that. Depressing

Doubtless one of those cretins will be a future Prime Minister. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Xann said:

Expensive, nice but dull part of town.

Why did you live there? Study at Roehampton?

Chance and nothing more. When I moved to London, I met some girls in a pub and they were looking for a flatmate. 

I'd love nice and dull now. Compared to Isleworth, Mortlake was a much nicer place to live. 

Just now, Xann said:

Oof - Oh aye.

I work West.

F*** living here.

It's helpful for getting out of London but when you're at the stage of recognising individual pilots on their approach to LHR, you know you made a bad choice.

22 hours ago, Phumfeinz said:

How whenever I sell something on eBay there's never a late flurry of bids in the final few seconds.

You bet your ass though when I'm trying to win something there's at least 10 other people all bidding on it too.

That's because you are not getting your mates to put in some cheeky late bids to ramp up the price.

• Like 1

On 02/04/2017 at 16:27, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Possibly NSFW

• Like 4

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

That's because you are not getting your mates to put in some cheeky late bids to ramp up the price.

Oh I've done that before, it ended with my mate winning the damn thing and leaving me with a £26 eBay fee for the pleasure of it.

This one definitely should piss me off...

I was on a slip road trying to get onto the motorway. There was an Audi in front of me that for some reason was only going around 30mph. I assumed they would speed up, but no. The motorway was pretty busy and the traffic in the inside lane was moving quickly so it was going to be tricky to get on at that speed. It was causing chaos with everyone behind impatiently trying to get around each other. Luckily it's a really long slip road that widens out a bit before it filters and I was able to get past the Audi and get on. As I was passing I saw that the stupid **** word removed was on her phone. Texting (I assume) with a big dumb grin on her face. No regard for anyone else or their safety.

She ended up driving half on the hard shoulder, half on the inside lane for quite some distance, still probably only going about 40 max.

I hope that she went on to drive herself into a tree or off a bridge before she hurt anybody else. Absolute **** scumbag. 

• Like 1

I saw some prick in a red Audi on the phone behind me on the way to work, as it happens, following me during rush hour in to the city, on his phone for a good 5 minutes. I put the handbrake on and knocked on his window and said that I wasn't going anywhere until he put the **** phone down. He did, but he called me a word removed. I think we both learned a little something.

• Like 3

is it just me that get pissed off by clearings in the woods wearing baseball caps in the gym whilst they are working out .. when I say working out , it seems to involve pushing a few weights then sitting on the machine so nobody else can use it , sending messages to your mates on twatsincaps .com

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I saw some prick in a red Audi on the phone behind me on the way to work, as it happens, following me during rush hour in to the city, on his phone for a good 5 minutes. I put the handbrake on and knocked on his window and said that I wasn't going anywhere until he put the **** phone down. He did, but he called me a word removed. I think we both learned a little something.

Respect-my-Authority.jpeg

Here's a little cut out badge for you to wear next time :) 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

is it just me that get pissed off by clearings in the woods wearing baseball caps in the gym whilst they are working out .. when I say working out , it seems to involve pushing a few weights then sitting on the machine so nobody else can use it , sending messages to your mates on twatsincaps .com

Depends.

I think there's a legitimate reason to wear a cap if you have long hair as it keeps your hair out of the way without wearing a headband or something similar.

But I imagine 90% of people who wear a cap in the gym don't have long hair, or don't wear it for that reason!

37 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Probably verging into gym thread territory but I have no issue with people wearing caps. Yes it's odd in my eyes but I try to make a point of not judging the fashion choices of others. Imagine what they're saying about your spandex, Tony! 

With the sitting on the machine issue why don't you just ask to use it in between their sets? I do that all the time and people do to me as well. You pretty much have to when your trying to work out in a set period of time. 

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Did you learn that next time you don't talk to him?  You just walk up and quite obviously take a photo of him on his phone in his car and then a photo of his reg plate, then get back into your car.  You won't do anything with the photos but you'll frighten the shite out of him  :)

One of the most powerful things you can do nowadays is start to video whatever is happening (I mean outside of a car situation).  It instantly puts manners on whoever is in the wrong.  It's amazing watching people changing tune immediately.

• Like 1

Â