Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

On 27/03/2017 at 08:42, Genie said:

One of those things I hate about comedians is when they only seem to have 1 theme.

Sarah Milican - being a woman

That Israeli lady - being from Israell

Lenny Henry - being black

Every show the same act. How do they make a living out of it?

What a load of absolute nonsense. They can also make weak jokes about how crap their boyfriends are, except for Lenny of course. 

On 26/03/2017 at 12:05, Rugeley Villa said:

I love this kind of weather but for me it's start of the mowing the lawn season and  ****** hate mowing lawns. Might just say sod it and do it next weekend.

My lawn is blinking mahusive. It's one of the things which attracted us to the house but it takes FOREVER to mow. I hate it but to be fair it's probably the most I exercise all year. 

The offer for the house was the money, carpets, curtains and the lawnmower. Apparently it made our bid stand out. 

12 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My lawn is blinking mahusive. It's one of the things which attracted us to the house but it takes FOREVER to mow. I hate it but to be fair it's probably the most I exercise all year. 

The offer for the house was the money, carpets, curtains and the lawnmower. Apparently it made our bid stand out. 

If it weren't for the kids I'd have it blockpaved. 

Things you might like based on your recent purchase emails.

eBay the worst culprit for this. I bought some Printer ink cartridges, now its suggesting some more ink for other brand printers I might like. I also bought some VW wheel centre badges for my wife's car and its suggesting I might also like to buy some Honda and Mercedes ones.

You'd think by now these things would be a bit more refined.

Urgh.

This is a bit of a rant and it SHOULD piss me off.

At my work, we have an employee who handed his notice in and he's leaving on the 3rd of April. Fine, people leave. However, he has just given such a bad, nasty exit interview that my manager (i'm more supervisory) has been called into an emergency meeting with HR. She is a fantastic manager; really fantastic. 

Long story short:

This guy was hired and immediately saw himself in a higher position than the one he was in. My manager accepted it and said 'show yourself and we'll book you a competency test for an INTERNSHIP (not even a job) at RIM.' (far more technical than his work) A few months go by and as promised, she sends him on the competency test after he nagged her and he gets **** 12%. Our manager was ridiculously embarrassed but didn't close the door on it. She spoke with RIM and they agreed to give him another chance but he needs to do online training before taking the test again. All accepted this outcome. Skip forward to now, he's moaning about being stuck in this job, yet hasn't done any of these training courses in order to take the competency test again. He constantly moans about the rota. What do I do? Listen to his moaning and do the rota for him so he gets more days off and weekends off and less night shifts than anyone else. Next day, hands in his notice. Muggins here.. Since handing in his notice, he has been lazy, unprofessional with colleagues and the customer, and now he has the nerve to do an awful exit interview that drags my amazing manager into an emergency meeting.

**** this guy. He has been pandered to for months and it's still not enough.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Urgh.

At my work, we have an employee who handed his notice in and he's leaving on the 3rd of April. Fine, people leave. However, he has just given such a bad, nasty exit interview that my manager (i'm more supervisory) has been called into an emergency meeting with HR. She is a fantastic manager; really fantastic. 

Long story short:

This guy was hired and immediately saw himself in a higher position than the one he was in. My manager accepted it and said 'show yourself and we'll book you a competency test for an INTERNSHIP (not even a job) at RIM.' (far more technical than his work) A few months go by and as promised, she sends him on the competency test after he nagged her and he gets **** 12%. Our manager was ridiculously embarrassed but didn't close the door on it. She spoke with RIM and they agreed to give him another chance but he needs to do online training before taking the test again. All accepted this outcome. Skip forward to now, he's moaning about being stuck in this job, yet hasn't done any of these training courses in order to take the competency test again. He constantly moans about the rota. What do I do? Listen to his moaning and do the rota for him so he gets more days off and weekends off and less night shifts than anyone else. Next day, hands in his notice. Muggins here.. Since handing in his notice, he has been lazy, unprofessional with colleagues and the customer, and now he has the nerve to do an awful exit interview that drags my amazing manager into an emergency meeting.

Your tale sums up exactly the sort of thing people feel so angry about these days.

People with no demonstrable merit demand special treatment and get pandered to while others who are productive and don't complain are ignored.

It is not that egoists who think they are far better than they are complain, it is that the whole system seems geared to help them achieve what they don't deserve at the expense of others.

• Like 4

Unbelievably he asked us if he could put us down for a reference before that exit interview.

He will go from job to job moaning about every single one and getting nowhere unless the penny drops.

14 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Unbelievably he asked us if he could put us down for a reference before that exit interview.

He will go from job to job moaning about every single one and getting nowhere unless the penny drops.

We had one of them at JLR. Joined and immediately thought he was doing stuff that was beneath him and should be running the place.

It's funny how these people never actually do the job they've been given well. If this guy had been saying what he was saying and excelling at his role, then people might listen to him.

As it was he was awful and was gone in a couple of months.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Urgh.

Long story short:

Is there no avenue for you guys to have a meeting with HR outlining why this guy's exit interview has an agenda behind it and basically putting what you've written above to them in a way they would listen?  After all, just because someone makes a complaint doesn't mean they're automatically telling the truth or that they should always be taken at face value.

Samsung's latest flagship phones have ditched the physical home button found in their predecessors and introduced a new virtual assistant.

The screens of the Galaxy S8 and bigger S8+ are also larger despite the devices being smaller than last year's S7 and S7 Edge.

This time, both models feature displays that curve round the phones' sides.

The launch follows Samsung's botched release of the Note 7, which was recalled twice after fires.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-39425724

200.gif

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, BOF said:

Is there no avenue for you guys to have a meeting with HR outlining why this guy's exit interview has an agenda behind it and basically putting what you've written above to them in a way they would listen?  After all, just because someone makes a complaint doesn't mean they're automatically telling the truth or that they should always be taken at face value.

It's sorted now. Basically he moaned about everything in his exit interview. Thing is, we can contradict everything he says with proof. So he's leaving under a cloud.

He wasn't amazing but wasn't bad either. But his attitude stunk out the place.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Meath_Villan said:

Customers ....Can I have the full breakfast but with gf toast I have an intolerance ..... Certainly .Can we point out that the sausages and pudding have gluten in them ..Oh that's fine ........words removed 

I really wouldn't be able to work in anything customer-facing.  There are far too many **** cretins out there and my face betrays me if my words don't do it first :) I once had to be told after an employee review that in fact "no Brian, 'doesn't suffer fools' is not a compliment".

• Like 2

Â