Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

It's an failure of our justice system that this disgusting piece of shit, after killing more people than that terrorist the other week, keeps on driving, gets caught driving illegally, and sitll only gets a non-custodial sentence. Punishment for driving offences in this country is absolutely scandelous.

It's not terrorists that scare me on a daily basis, it's the amount of people I see driving around staring at their phones, the number of people driving around over the drink limit, the number of criminally negligent people driving around that magistrates allow to stay on the road because they 'need' their licence.

If you ever want to murder someone, just make sure you're in a car. Ideally hit them when they're on a bike.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-39453847

The driver of the bin lorry that crashed in Glasgow killing six people has been banned from driving for three years.

Harry Clarke was also ordered to carry out 150 hours of unpaid work and will be tagged for four months.

At an earlier hearing Clarke, 60, admitted culpable and reckless driving nine months after the fatal crash.

He had his licence withdrawn for medical reasons following the bin lorry crash on 22 December 2014.

Clarke, from Baillieston, pleaded guilty at Glasgow Sheriff Court to driving a car on 20 September 2015, despite knowing he was unfit to drive.

Licence revoked

Clarke admitted driving the car in the knowledge that he had suffered a loss of consciousness while at the wheel of a moving refuse collection vehicle the previous December.

The charge stated he also knew he had suffered a loss of consciousness or episode of altered awareness while at the wheel of a stationary bus on 7 April 2010.

Crashed bin lorryImage copyrightSTEPHEN GIBSON Image captionThe bin lorry crashed outside Queen Street Station in George Square

Clarke was not prosecuted over the bin lorry crash.

However, his licence had been revoked for 12 months on 27 June 2015.

Passing sentence, Sheriff Martin Jones QC said: "You must understand that the decision you made to drive your vehicle on the road, even for a short distance, was one which was wholly irresponsible and reprehensible.

"It was highly culpable and placed the safety of the public at risk. That was a risk which had been fully explained to you and led to the revocation of your driving licence on medical grounds.

"You must have been acutely aware of the possible consequences of you suffering a loss of consciousness while driving following the tragic consequences arising from the incident on 22 December 2014."

• Like 4

Incredible that he continues to pass out behind the wheel but instead of being banned from driving forever, he's been banned for 3 years, as if his 63 year old brain is going to be so much healthier than his 57 year old brain. 

I did read that earlier, astounded he didn't get a heavy sentence..but not really astounded knowing our justice system.

Selfish, stubborn old word removed should have topped himself to be perfectly honest, don't know how he gets out of bed in the morning after what he has done.

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

It's an failure of our justice system that this disgusting piece of shit, after killing more people than that terrorist the other week, keeps on driving, gets caught driving illegally, and sitll only gets a non-custodial sentence. Punishment for driving offences in this country is absolutely scandelous.

It's not terrorists that scare me on a daily basis, it's the amount of people I see driving around staring at their phones, the number of people driving around over the drink limit, the number of criminally negligent people driving around that magistrates allow to stay on the road because they 'need' their licence.

If you ever want to murder someone, just make sure you're in a car. Ideally hit them when they're on a bike.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-39453847

I agree. 

• Like 1

A PENSIONER with failing vision from Sutton Coldfield has been jailed after hitting a three-year-old as she was walking on a pedestrian crossing with her mum.

John Place, 72, has been sentenced to four years in prison after knocking down and killing Poppy-Arabella Clarke as she walked over the light-controlled crossing in Chester Road in Boldmere last summer.

He was handed the jail term at Birmingham Crown Court today (March 20) after he hit the tot with his Volkswagen Passat as she pushed her bike across Chester Road in Boldmere on July 6 last year.

http://www.suttoncoldfieldobserver.co.uk/oap-john-place-jailed-for-killing-poppy-arabella-clarke-3-in-collision-in-chester-road-sutton-coldfield/story-30215666-detail/story.html

Along with this waste of oxygen.

15 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Incredible that he continues to pass out behind the wheel but instead of being banned from driving forever, he's been banned for 3 years, as if his 63 year old brain is going to be so much healthier than his 57 year old brain. 

Not to mention that it's a punishment for driving while disqualified. So they punish him with a....longer disqualification that he'll almost certainly ignore.

He should be locked up.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2017 at 18:33, Rugeley Villa said:

Killing yourself at work for a measly pay rise which might not happen.

I've worked like a dog this week... quarter end and approaching tax year end. Worked until 11pm last night and flat out all day today. The thing that annoyed me today is that I had to cancel my Friday lunchtime pint as had to resolve a mistake someone else had made on a big sale of mine. I was livid about that! Already resigned to working most of Sunday as well. 

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

It's not terrorists that scare me on a daily basis, it's the amount of people I see driving around staring at their phones

This for me, is a major peeve of mine. Every day i see people on their phones while driving. Arseholes. 

If stopped, their phone should be taken off them and crushed in front of them, then their car impounded and released on payment of a £1k fine. 

47 minutes ago, Xela said:

This for me, is a major peeve of mine. Every day i see people on their phones while driving. Arseholes. 

If stopped, their phone should be taken off them and crushed in front of them, then their car impounded and released on payment of a £1k fine. 

This brings up a pet peeve of mine. People overreacting to things. On Facebook, any time anything is mentioned about driving with phones you get the 'string them up' brigade out. You get a lot of the type of comments like this where it's a lifetime ban for anyone using a phone, their car crushed, jailed for life etc.

But it's really poorly thought out. You do any of those things and you take someone's life. You condemn them to not having a chance for the rest of their lives. For doing something that's actually very poorly defined. What is driving while using a mobile?

If it's holding it to your ear and talking, it's distracting and taking one hand away. So are we saying people with one arm aren't allowed to drive a car? Or if it's the distracting part, should people not being allowed to talk on a hands free?

Or is it what I consider the most dangerous, texting/Facebooking etc while driving? Which causes you to look down off the road and is very distracting. If so, I agree. But then you also need to ban using a satnav, touching your car stereo, messing with idrive or whatever car computer infotainment system is installed. You need to ban anything that means taking the eyes off the road for more than 2 seconds. Like checking your speed in an unfamiliar car.

I'm not saying I disagree with banning any use of mobiles while driving but it's very poorly defined what the actual problem and crime is. The police are enjoying kicking up a furore without saying what it is you can't do.

And finally, why do people get so mad about using mobiles while sat stationary? When asked to justify it, it always comes back to 'its just against the law'. The difference between an offence or not is switching the engine off. What if your car is stop/start/hybrid/ev? Wouldn't you count as parked?

Apologies @Xela, not directed at you but I think people need to think a bit deeper about things before reacting. And this is from a cyclist who wants the drivers behind me to be 100% aware of me.

• Like 2

I think in terms of using your phone while driving @darrenm is that most cars have the technology to pair to your phone or you can buy a cheap bluetooth headset. There is no excuse for driving while holding your phone IMO

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

I think in terms of using your phone while driving @darrenm is that most cars have the technology to pair to your phone or you can buy a cheap bluetooth headset. There is no excuse for driving while holding your phone IMO

Yep. So ban all the other equally or more distracting stuff too. And get as angry about people doing that :-)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, darrenm said:

Yep. So ban all the other equally or more distracting stuff too. And get as angry about people doing that :-)

I'd ban everyone from the road apart from me! Would make my commute less stressful :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I've worked like a dog this week... quarter end and approaching tax year end. Worked until 11pm last night and flat out all day today. The thing that annoyed me today is that I had to cancel my Friday lunchtime pint as had to resolve a mistake someone else had made on a big sale of mine. I was livid about that! Already resigned to working most of Sunday as well. 

I've been working my balls off for a bit now just trying to get a rise. Yesterday was horrendous with us not stopping for a break and finishing a roof from start to finish. Worked in the rain and like I said didn't stop all day. My backs killing and I've had a bad elbow since new year which is all work related. Anyway went in the office again to see one of the directors about my money going up but it didn't sound to hopeful.  Bit of a kick in the teeth really as without blowing my own trumpet I'm one of the best roofers down there and probably the quickest. rant over but yeah I've told them if my money does not go up I'm slowing down and taking all my breaks as most days I have have one break. The only thing stopping me being on 50-60k a year is me not driving so hopefully within a year I will be on the road.

Me and my bro-in-law went for a quick pint in the Victoria in town tonight and whilst I was standing at the bar a few feet behind him as he got his round in, a young blonde with a short skirt and her tits hanging out came and stood next to me.

She said "are you not hot in here with your hoody on?". I said "me? Yeah, but I guess you could say I'm a pretty hot guy" and raised my eyebrows a few times and flexed my muscles.

She said "oh, I've been absolutely boiling since I got in here". I said "well I'm alright, I guess it's because I'm...such a cool a guy". 

It was at this point she rolled her eyes, walked off and said "yeah, nice chat up lines mate".

It proper pissed me off, she came over to me! I was just standing there waiting for my pint when barbie started talking to me. I really wanted to shove my wedding ring in her face and tell her I had a boyfriend.

Women eh? They just don't get out brilliant jokes.

9 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Me and my bro-in-law went for a quick pint in the Victoria in town tonight and whilst I was standing at the bar a few feet behind him as he got his round in, a young blonde with a short skirt and her tits hanging out came and stood next to me.

She said "are you not hot in here with your hoody on?". I said "me? Yeah, but I guess you could say I'm a pretty hot guy" and raised my eyebrows a few times and flexed my muscles.

She said "oh, I've been absolutely boiling since I got in here". I said "well I'm alright, I guess it's because I'm...such a cool a guy". 

It was at this point she rolled her eyes, walked off and said "yeah, nice chat up lines mate".

It proper pissed me off, she came over to me! I was just standing there waiting for my pint when barbie started talking to me. I really wanted to shove my wedding ring in her face and tell her I had a boyfriend.

Attention seeker! 

Now, tell me more about her tits...

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I can understand why you'd be pissed off, she did talk to you first. I can imagine she probably gets a lot of that stuff by guys genuinely trying it on with her and unfortunately you got lumped in with them.

Though if she goes round showing the goods so freely she can expect that sort of behaviour I suppose. I'm sure she enjoys the attention either way.

How whenever I sell something on eBay there's never a late flurry of bids in the final few seconds.

You bet your ass though when I'm trying to win something there's at least 10 other people all bidding on it too.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

How whenever I sell something on eBay there's never a late flurry of bids in the final few seconds.

You bet your ass though when I'm trying to win something there's at least 10 other people all bidding on it too.

As I used to tell my drug dealers back in the day, don't  sell shit gear then ;)

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 2

Saw two men nearly get into fisticuffs on Saturday over a simple misunderstanding about whether someone was in a queue or not. Instead of one of them apologising for the error or the other one laughing it off, it descended into a slagging match where one lad threatened to "embarrass" the other guy in front of his 8(?) year old son.

This was the trinity ticket office, the tickets were printed, they take, at an absolute miximum, 20 seconds to hand them over. There was 3 people in the queue, including them.

Â