Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

7 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Unless all those films I've been watching are wrong, I assumed they didn't talk about anything and just lezzed off.

Unfortunately it doesn't happen. I hid myself in a wardrobe once at a friends sisters sleepover and nothing happened :(

• Like 4

5 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

It is never to late. Brian Clough never got to reconcile with Peter Taylor and it broke his heart.

I have offered an olive branch but they have just shat on it :(

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I hate how gerrymandering is a legal tactic in politics. It's fundamentally dishonest.

Standard in UK politics. For years Birmingham City Council hated the fact Sutton Coldfield was all blue. Always rumours of border changes and incorporating red areas into Sutton to manipulate the future results. No doubt it happens the other way too. 

47 minutes ago, Xela said:
45 minutes ago, Xela said:

I have offered an olive branch but they have just shat on it :(

Unfortunately it doesn't happen. I hid myself in a wardrobe once at a friends sisters sleepover and nothing happened :(

Are these two things related? :D

Joking aside, I've been there mate, and it is shit. I fell out with my best mate and we didn't speak for 2 years. We ended up on a night out with a mutual friend though, and managed to sort things out. I even ended up being his best man, at his wedding. It might be shit for a while, but time will heal things, and if you want it, you'll end up being friends again at some point.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Are these two things related? :D

Joking aside, I've been there mate, and it is shit. I fell out with my best mate and we didn't speak for 2 years. We ended up on a night out with a mutual friend though, and managed to sort things out. I even ended up being his best man, at his wedding. It might be shit for a while, but time will heal things, and if you want it, you'll end up being friends again at some point.

Haha, not at all! :)

Yeah it just seems shit. We both said things we shouldn't have but I've reached out but i'm getting snubbed. Part of me things '**** you' but I do miss this persons company. Oh well, as you say, I'm sure it'll be ok in the end. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Pay for my own drinks and pay for my own food now. It stops me from wanting to murder people over a steak & glass of red. 

Exactly.  I've never really seen the point in doing rounds myself, unless I'm just drinking with one or two people, but even then I'm a slower drinker so eventually we stop doing rounds and just buy our own.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Exactly.  I've never really seen the point in doing rounds myself, unless I'm just drinking with one or two people, but even then I'm a slower drinker so eventually we stop doing rounds and just buy our own.

I think we've spoken about rounds several times in this thread, I have about 19 reasons why I hate them.

When I'm in the mood for a night out I'll buy the first round and that's it. I drink far too quickly and recklessly. I'm usually 3-4 in before your mum's finished her snakebite so I get impatient and make love to the dyson hand dryers.

• Like 3

Yep we do rounds in this thread every now and again.  I think the general concensus even amongst people (like me) who DO like rounds is that there's a critical mass beyond which rounds become unworkable.  I think any more than 4 people in a round and the drinking speeds tend to make a mess of it all.  I'd be a quicker drinker so I either stand around for 5 / 10 minutes with no drink waiting for people to catch up, or I end up buying a gap drink for myself.

In a larger group we'd tend to break it into smaller groups doing their own rounds.  So a group of 6 or 7 would have 2 rounds going on within it.

• Like 3

Rounds with good mates is fine. You can trust them and if they're drinking slowly then you can tell them to pick up the pace. If we're in a large group then we generally split into    pairs/threes or whatever  

It's different with strangers, though. The guy I was talking about in my original post was someone in our group I'd never met before and I just happened to get talking to him at the bar. I would've felt rude not offering him a beer. I wouldn't have minded him not getting me one back but I got pissed off that he did the same thing with other people and seemed to be consciously trying to drink for free. 

On 16/11/2010 at 17:28, bickster said:

Gordon is a Scottish name

Gorden is the English version of the name

Gordan is a Croat / Serb variant

Gordon is a moron 

• Like 2

Â