Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, RimmyJimmer said:

This is what gets me. Lefties are always very keen on letting people know how accepting they are of other people, whatever their views/ethnicity/religion/nationality etc.

Tell them you vote tory, and you're the scum of the earth and immediately stereo typed.

I don't 'do' politics, but this is how I feel about it. Most of my friends are very in to it and I just have to sit there on my phone while they go at it.

Terror attack happens somewhere.
Righty friends "Bet it's a Muslim.
Lefty friends "You don't know that, you're just using racist stereotypes"
Terror attacker turns out to be a Muslim
Lefty friends more worried about the Muslim attacker being stereotyped than they are that he's just killed a bunch of people, he becomes the 'victim'.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, snowychap said:

Surely it would only be strange if the vegan had, for instance, beaten him to death with a moccasin?

It's strange that the vegan had the energy. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Not by it's nature maybe.  But there's an awful lot of people sure doing a great impersonation of it.  Tolerance indeed.  And I speak as a leftie.

Hundreds of thousands of people only a few days ago turned out worldwide to show disdain for Trump. And seemed rather peaceful.

I think you're over emphasising a few words removed. Of which both sides have their share, true enough. The Right seems to have its own violent groups with more variety than the Left I find.

Funnily enough I think Milo rather enjoys that he riles the Left, he'll have got off on the Berkeley stuff.

A lot of the 'alt right' is like that. I could see more 'alt right' meeting violence because they more than a little interested in the wind up. Not everyone will turn the cheek.

• Like 2

Sporadic street violence is the least they should expect when the trajectory this administration is setting the world on could very well end at Armageddon. They want to ban abortion, gut climate accords, spurn clean energy, deregulate Wall Street, intimidate the press, and provoke world leaders. People are going to die. His street level enablers and mouthpieces should be vigilant, because people are angry, and sometimes it'll get out of control, especially in cities, which are typically left leaning. That said, The vast majority of street level dissent in this country has been peaceful, witness the Jan 21 marches. I condemn these attacks, but I understand the anger.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Sporadic street violence is the least they should expect when the trajectory this administration is setting the world on could very well end at Armageddon. They want to ban abortion, gut climate accords, spurn clean energy, deregulate Wall Street, intimidate the press, and provoke world leaders. People are going to die. His street level enablers and mouthpieces should be vigilant, because people are angry, and sometimes it'll get out of control, especially in cities, which are typically left leaning. That said, The vast majority of street level dissent in this country has been peaceful, witness the Jan 21 marches. I condemn these attacks, but I understand the anger.

It pisses me off, but you have to weigh it up against the fact he got voted in to do all this shit.  I blame the American people, left or right, for letting it happen as much as him.

2 hours ago, BillyShears said:

I bet you could have named all the Osmonds back in the day though B)

Sort of. I could identify Donnie, Little Jimmy and Marie, obviously. The others were called, er.. Jay, Merrill, and...maybe another one. Alan? Couldn't tell which was which, there. 

Jackson 5 - just Michael. Couldn't identify Jackie, Jermaine, Tito and... the other one by sight. 

Bay City Rollers - Les McKuen and 'the others'. 

Point taken though! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jon said:

The random violent acts of a few idiots does not = "the left". 

The act of violence and intolerance by its very nature is not left wing.  

Half a half like ..

i agree with your first point

not so much your second 

5 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Half a half like ..

i agree with your first point

not so much your second 

Indeed. It's just an example of the 'no true Scotsman' fallacy:

'No true Scotsman is a kind of informal fallacy in which one attempts to protect a universal generalization from counterexamples by changing the definition in an ad hoc fashion to exclude the counterexample.

[. . .]

Imagine Hamish McDonald, a Scotsman, sitting down with his Glasgow Morning Herald and seeing an article about how the "Brighton Sex Maniac Strikes Again". Hamish is shocked and declares that "No Scotsman would do such a thing." The next day he sits down to read his Glasgow Morning Herald again; and, this time, finds an article about an Aberdeen man whose brutal actions make the Brighton sex maniac seem almost gentlemanly. This fact shows that Hamish was wrong in his opinion, but is he going to admit this? Not likely. This time he says: "No true Scotsman would do such a thing."'

• Like 1

"As part of our ongoing effort to continually evaluate and enhance the customer experience on IMDb, we have decided to disable IMDb's message boards on February 20, 2017". 

• Like 1

I appear to have lost a very close friend. Not only does it piss me off (it was due to a disagreement), as it should, it also upsets me immensely :(

Edited by Xela

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

"As part of our ongoing effort to continually evaluate and enhance the customer experience on IMDb, we have decided to disable IMDb's message boards on February 20, 2017". 

That does piss me off. I haven't really used them much for a number of years, and my last act on there was to report a particularly horrific instance of racist abuse, but the pretense that destroying millions of user comments, many of them added by dedicated users over a decade or more of membership, in order to 'enhance the customer experience' is corporate bullshit of the worst order. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Is that real?

Why?  i always read the comments after watching film to see if others agreed/disagreed with my opinion and also to clear up any questions i may have had.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

I appear to have lost a very close friend. Not only does it piss me off (it was due to a disagreement), as it should, it also upsets me immensely :(

On the plus side, by your first sentence I thought you meant they had died, so could be worse!

Hope you sort it out

• Like 2

On 03/02/2017 at 20:50, mjmooney said:

I've had some erm...interesting exchanges on there down the years.

To be honest, 99% of it is a cesspit BUT it is interesting to read other people's theories re.the more head**** movies that I watch.

Â