Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

22 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

So what do you suggest? A local TV station for every village? Would people in Telford watch Midlands Today if it was ALL about Birmingham? Britain is tiny. The midlands is a small region of it. 

I know we're supposed to Think Local, Act Global, but I get my news about what happens in my tiny suburb of my medium size city from gossip in the pub, and social media. The TV is for world news. What happens in between doesn't particularly bother me either way. 

I suggest a city region of some 3m people deserves some investment in a local news service from someone. 

It's really not that much to ask.

Britain may be tiny but it's population is disproportionately large.  Birmingham is the second largest city region within it. 

I bet there are thousands of smaller population areas that have proper decent news services. 

If I lived in a small town I would think fair enough,  we are a small town so its unrealistic to have decent proper local news services.....but I don't. 

I seriously can't believe you are endorsing fat Dave in my local as my main source of news.  Midlands today can be shaky but Dave would have me chucking a molotov cocktail through paedo Ians letterbox in a jiffy. 

And Donald Trump would love me to get all my news from Social Media instead of those troublesome journalists. 

Edited by sidcow

Just now, sidcow said:

I seed that.  It's like Wayne's World but more amateurish. 

I watched the Cardiff version yesterday. 

It was absolutely compelling, couldn't stop watching it.

Not in a good way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PompeyVillan said:

Wedding videos. They're just so naff. 

We were not going to have a video till my boss said we had to because he watched the video loads but had only viewed the photo album a couple of times. 

The upshot is I have watched the video loads of times and only looked at the photo album a couple of times despite the flatulent numpty who did the video and ran out of bloody video tape.... Ran out of bloody video tape half way through the best man's speech. 

Catching all the humiliating piss take but missing the top gags in the process:bang:

49 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I watched the Cardiff version yesterday. 

It was absolutely compelling, couldn't stop watching it.

Not in a good way.

probably caused a meltdown in their viewing figures department there. The mystical 5 hours guy, Legend in their office. :D

• Like 3

I know it's already been mentioned on here before but I have just seen a young woman interviewed on Breakfast who said "so" at the start of every answer she gave.  I wanted to put my foot through the TV. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I know it's already been mentioned on here before but I have just seen a young woman interviewed on Breakfast who said "so" at the start of every answer she gave.  I wanted to put my foot through the TV. 

I've put this in here before, but it's like I catch myself saying 'like' a lot sometimes and it's like something I'd kind of like to stop.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2017 at 10:44, Paddywhack said:

I think I've inherited something terrible from my father, something I'm going to struggle to forgive him for. I can no longer eat stuffing. 

His stuffing eating days are long gone, but to this day he speaks fondly of those early years. Growing up, I'd heard the rumours about his chicken dinner dilemma and his resulting transition into an exploding blob of gas, but I always passed them off as hearsay and legend.

As the years passed, I noticed small changes with my own bowel movements after a bit of sage and onion, but nothing too concerning; the odd rumble or unexpected parp.

Present day and I need no further proof that I am my father's son. Last night, my poor wife had to sleep in the spare room and I'm not sure the cat will ever sit on my lap again. Next door's baby was up all night crying and I feel I may be responsible. This morning at work has been a write off and I'm scared to get back in my car at 5pm.

So that's it, my stuffing days are over. Sunday dinners won't be the same without you x

I've relapsed. I had a chicken dinner last night with a bit of stuffing and when taking my plate back in to the kitchen I noticed there was loads left over. I ate the lot with a spoon before my wife saw.

It's warm in the office today.

10 hours ago, sidcow said:

So called local news. 

This is supposed to be the second city of the bloody UK but we don't even have a local paper anymore and the TV news is bloody full of stories from places as far flung as Stoke,  Shrewsbury,  Telford and Hereford. 

Those places are as alien to me as Scunthorpe yet my local news is full of shit going down in those places. 

Has something happened to the Brum Mail?

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Aside from the fact it's just awful, I believe it's still in print. If you want to be bombarded with pop ups adverts, and bad journalism, then the website is certainly still going.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Its 'articles' are now 50% based off random tweets and instagram photos

• Like 1

What a few days for absolute dickhead drivers .....Yer man from earlier in the week ....Then this afternoon picking up my eldest a mother in a lovely new c4 Picasso does a 3 point turn Infront of my car and reverses in to the telephone pole and drive away ...The thing had reversing sensors ffs ......Then a dope of a woman nearly reversed over me and the kids in Ikea .....What a word removed 

7 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I miss the Argus.

It would still have a place now even in the world of Internet. 

The reason being (and this goes back to my moan about local news) is that it used to give really detailed in depth match reports and club information.  Probably written by long standing experienced proper journalists. 

The web based services nowadays give almost no detail. They could as easily be written by any of us.  In fact I am sure many would do a better job! 

Ironically the best villa report I have read for many a year was I think after we played Swansea when I read one of their local papers web site report. 

It was very detailed and well written.  I suspect they may still have an independent paper which has not (yet) been hoovered up by Trinity Mirror group. 

7 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

I miss the Argus.

In my (obviously) pre-internet student days, the Argus was my link to Birmingham, when my dad posted it to me every week. Several of my friends, fans of other teams around the country, would read it - all agreed it was the best sports paper they'd seen. 

Â