Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

8 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

At school, I used to wonder what girls spoke about at their sleepovers. I imagine it wasn't too dissimilar to the last two pages of this thread.

I was going to make a similar comment to be honest! Haven't thought about any of this since I was in sixth form. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

They are genius if you need to drill a hole though.

Fold it in half and put the sticky bit across just under the target for the hole. (Needs to be the bigger post-it notes obviously)

You don't need to vacuum then.  My Mrs thinks I am a genius :0

Oh that is brilliant! My dad's going to think I'm fantastic next time he has to come round my house to put a picture up.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Oh that is brilliant! My dad's going to think I'm fantastic next time he has to come round my house to put a picture up.

It work's a treat.  Hung this last week using the post-it method.

I was thinking of opening a life-hack thread as there are loads of things like this.  Good idea ? Never stated a thread before you see.

58984a43e7cd2_6344889144052341020-account_id1.thumb.jpg.b986e717ff302443d7c44ee3a8e74484.jpg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I was thinking of opening a life-hack thread as there are loads of things like this.  Good idea ? Never stated a thread before you see.

Yeah, go for it, you've set the bar high though. I can't wait to read people's viz's top tips.

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Do it!

It's always bothered me that I haven't opened a really good thread that can be renamed in my honour when I die.

You're sorted here!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I was thinking of opening a life-hack thread as there are loads of things like this.  

Not before I nominate the term "life hack" in this thread. :angry:

• Like 3

On 03/02/2017 at 21:18, Xela said:

I appear to have lost a very close friend. Not only does it piss me off (it was due to a disagreement), as it should, it also upsets me immensely :(

It is never to late. Brian Clough never got to reconcile with Peter Taylor and it broke his heart.

• Like 1

People who don't get their round in.  

Went out on Saturday with my girlfriend, some of her friends and their other halves. One of the guys managed to get into the first couple of rounds with a couple of different groups but conveniently disappeared each time it was his turn to get them in.

Nobody else seemed to notice so maybe I'm pathetic for letting it bother me but it stresses me out if I think I owe somebody a drink. 

It also pisses me off that it's now Monday afternoon and I'm still seething about it.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, JB said:

Went out on Saturday with my girlfriend, some of her friends and their other halves. One of the guys managed to get into the first couple of rounds with a couple of different groups but conveniently disappeared each time it was his turn to get them in.

Nobody else seemed to notice so maybe I'm pathetic for letting it bother me but it stresses me out if I think I owe somebody a drink. 

It also pisses me off that it's now Monday afternoon and I'm still seething about it.

Very much this.

In a similar vein, my gf went out on Saturday.

She came home annoyed at how much she'd spent. The people she was with were doing a "kitty".

She ended up putting £60 in this kitty and reckons she had 5 drinks and a shot.

The girl who was in charge of the kitty went home early, probably with half the kitty in her bag.

The Polish government attempting to gerrymander Warsaw, as they hate the liberal* mayor.

They are hard-line right wingers and the big cities generally lean left and they hate it. So they're trying to expand Warsaw to include smaller towns and villages who vote PiS. I hate how gerrymandering is a legal tactic in politics. It's fundamentally dishonest.

*for Poland

12 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I hate how gerrymandering is a legal tactic in politics. It's fundamentally dishonest.

Which is precisely why it's allowed in politics.  Me cynical?

4 hours ago, JB said:

Yep, very irritating.

I would file these along with people who (I suspect) underpay after a meal at a restaurant for a large group in the hope someone else (me) will subsidise them or cover their share of the tip.

I've lost count of the number of times I've generously rounded up what I owe and still as a group we've just about scraped enough together to settle the bill.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shropshire Lad said:

Yep, very irritating.

I would file these along with people who (I suspect) underpay after a meal at a restaurant for a large group in the hope someone else (me) will subsidise them or cover their share of the tip.

I've lost count of the number of times I've generously rounded up what I owe and still as a group we've just about scraped enough together to settle the bill.

Brings me onto another one.

Splitting a bill with a group.

I'm absolutely fine with it.

However, I used to have a group of friends where we'd go out to eat every month or so. Half of us were students, half worked full time. The students (me included) used to get usual fayre, main, maybe pudding, a couple of drinks. The others would go absolutely all out, starter, main (often steak) pudding, 3/4 drinks. Then the bill would come and they'd tell us that we were splitting it evenly.

After about the 4th time this happened (after being fine with it for 3 times) me and another guy piped up that we were subsidising their excessive orders (often 20-25 quid more than we were spending) and we were told off.

Their argument "don't come out if you can't afford it."

I have no issue with it generally, whatever, it evens out over time but these people straight up took the piss and they knew it.

8 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Just don't call it 'life hacks' though :P

Edit: beaten to it by Mike 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

Â