Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

No, it was 'work.' with the full stop. It read:

This point was further reinforced when the user, at 04:47 informed service desk that it was affecting 100 users and all the users cannot The incident was still not escalated on our side, even when it clear at this point it was a HPI by looking at the impact alone.

I'm so annoyed.

Edited by StefanAVFC

8 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

(psst...do we tell Stefan about the error in the last sentence?)

grrrrrrrrrrr

I hate my life.

I wrote it in a rush and I was still happy with it! Now, I hate it.
EDIT: Although one mistake was made by me now removing the company name. But yeah, 2 mistakes. Both in that same paragraph. Pffft.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Probably worth remembering that for the likes of Hopkins, Piers Morgan, Louis Mensch, it's all about publicity and profile awareness at absolutely any cost. If they have to wank a baby pig to get 1,000 retweets, so be it. What better than to try and create petty divide on 11th November.

I wonder how many retweets and reposts that has got?

There must be a term for the opposite of virtue signalling? Where you deliberately pretend to be outrageously vapid and spiteful to just be the opposite of what your core constituency don't like. You know, not genuinely horrible like a Norman Tebbit or John Redwood. Comedy horrible because you think there's a few shillings in it.

it's very hard not to react when you see how many people support her hateful drivel, and articulating a response explaining why it's so stupid only preaches to the choir, so the only response has to be ignoring her. Another reason for hating social media, pre internet we'd never have heard of this phenomenal cretin, she'd just be an attention seeking saddo with a few local loonies supporting her. 

Sometimes I wish the Internet had never been invented, it's just magnified the ugliness inherent in humanity and spread the shit everywhere. I really don't think it's helped humanity at all. 

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, darrenm said:

My mate filmed his on his camera. No bother. Just not a big deal these days. If you're absolutely sure you won't need to procreate in future you may as well.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=ZtPnzIc7gtI

Can't get the embed to work. Slight NSFW warning for the video

FFS what's the matter with you people , I'm sitting here squirming in my chair now  , and I'm someone that watched a youtube video of tonsils being removed just before I went in to have mine done

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BOF said:

Truly a national treasure.

I couldn't find it , whereabouts on Instagram was it  :)

but yeah , non events like her I why I try and avoid such places  ... stupid bint  , sooner people learn to ignore her and her ilk the better

Personally, if I were in charge of FIFA, we had a rule banning logos, teams asked and were specifically denied an exemption, then they did so anyway, I'd dock them all points. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Personally, if I were in charge of FIFA, we had a rule banning logos, teams asked and were specifically denied an exemption, then they did so anyway, I'd dock them all points. 

they set a precedent when they only fined Argentina for their Falkland's stunt

FIFA can jog on in my opinion , but I don't agree with the PM trying to win votes over it and people like Hopkins trying to get publicity over it

• Like 1

I had forgotten the Falklands thing. How bloody toothless, fines that are pocket change to the FAs, they may as well not bother.

I'm somewhat on the fence about the poppy thing, in principle. While it's clearly inoffensive against Scotland, and Wales, I can imagine it appearing somewhat imflammatory against some opponents, and it's a bit ridiculous for FIFA to get together and assess it just before November every year

In practise, openly disobeying a ruling shouldn't be tolerated at all. What authority do they have to set rules to clubs and players under their remit when they just ignore those from FIFA.

Edited by Davkaus

20 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

In practise, openly disobeying a ruling shouldn't be tolerated at all. What authority do they have to set rules to clubs and players under their remit when they just ignore those from FIFA.

Yes, completely remove the poppy from the discussion for a minute.  An(y) FA coming out beforehand and explicitly telling FIFA that they're going to wilfully go against a rule 'and to hell with you' is far more serious.  It's knowing and pre-meditated and - ok fine go ahead and do it - but the punishment should be absolutely draconian.  You play the remainder of your qualifiers behind closed doors.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Yes, completely remove the poppy from the discussion for a minute.  An(y) FA coming out beforehand and explicitly telling FIFA that they're going to wilfully go against a rule 'and to hell with you' is far more serious.  It's knowing and pre-meditated and - ok fine go ahead and do it - but the punishment should be absolutely draconian.  You play the remainder of your qualifiers behind closed doors.

or make it even more draconian by insisting we have to pick Wayne Rooney for every game

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

or make it even more draconian by insisting we have to pick Wayne Rooney for every game

Ouch.  You've gone too far.  You always go too far Tony.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

problem being they cant because they've let it slide before, they set a precedent, in reality its a non story that because its an easy win with the poppy resulting in instant chest beating and fifa being the pantomime villain our piss poor journalists have somehow managed to drag it out to a near full 2 weeks worth of "news"

The FA have also used it as an easy win in creating interest in what should be a big game but again in reality isnt, everyone should have been talking about the big football derby but we wouldnt have been, so along comes a story that puts the game front and centre...has there even been a proper football story in the build up to this game? maybe the scott brown / charlie adam stuff but its been really quiet from the england camp, no one cares about the actual football match, its near irrelevant and the FA cant have that

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

problem being they cant because they've let it slide before, they set a precedent, in reality its a non story that because its an easy win with the poppy resulting in instant chest beating and fifa being the pantomime villain our piss poor journalists have somehow managed to drag it out to a near full 2 weeks worth of "news"

The FA have also used it as an easy win in creating interest in what should be a big game but again in reality isnt, everyone should have been talking about the big football derby but we wouldnt have been, so along comes a story that puts the game front and centre...has there even been a proper football story in the build up to this game? maybe the scott brown / charlie adam stuff but its been really quiet from the england camp, no one cares about the actual football match, its near irrelevant and the FA cant have that

That pretty much sums the whole thing up.

On 11/10/2016 at 17:02, Ingram85 said:

Wonder if it's a generational thing? Life circumstances always change, it's unpredictable so I'd have to be 100% certain I'd never want anymore kids with the person I 100% know I'm spending the rest of my life with before going through with it.

Exactly this. Unless you reach a certain age where you know you will never want kids/more kids then no way would I have it done. Life circumstances can change massively. i've seen a good mate leave his partner when he was in his early 40's (already had a teenage kid) and he's met a younger woman (30) who wants kids. 

Â