Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I have always and will always buy a poppy. We should remember the millions of people who have given their lives so we can enjoy our freedom and way of life. Also it provides cash for a great charity. 

I have noticed a massive drop in people wearing poppies and it saddens me greatly. 

Maybe as my generation still had direct connections to the war,  (both my grandfathers were in the war and my wife's grandfather lost his life in the war) it still means something very very important to us. 

However even without this I still would as I have studied the war a lot and really really appreciate that this country was so close to being invaded and crushed and it's only because so many people,  and an awful lot of them terribly, terribly young laid down their lives that we were not.  Lest we forget. 

On 06/11/2016 at 17:46, mjmooney said:

We used to have a cat that loved bonfire night. We kept her indoors for her own safety, but she would sit in the window and watch the fireworks all evening. 

Once we took our old dog out for a walk on bonfire night and as we got back home she must have ran in the house and then somehow ran back out without us noticing, it was only about 2 hours later that we realised she was missing, after searching the house and the back garden I opened the front door, there she was sitting on the front garden looking at the fireworks going off in the sky.

It didn't bother her at all.

I always wonder if she just sat out there for the whole 2 hours or if she went for a wonder around the park for a bit before getting bored and coming back home and waiting for us to notice she had disapeared.

• Like 2

On 05/11/2016 at 20:28, tonyh29 said:

I like animals as much as the next person but that hardly makes everyone a clearing in the woods and posts like this are just nonsensical 

'If we weren't supposed to eat animals why are they made from meat?' - Sarah Palin obliviously.

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

'If we weren't supposed to eat animals why are they made from meat?' - Sarah Palin obliviously.

I'd have laid money on that being Homer Simpson .... Palin is probably as close to the real world Homer as we can get though

Edited by tonyh29

10 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

I've always associated that quote with Homer Simpson.

Probably is.

Although his knowledge of animals isn't great :D

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Got some in house politics going on at the moment. The wife wants me to have the snip, infact shes told me I am . I'm completely against the idea of course. 

Why? Didn't you say before that you didn't want anymore kids?

Â