Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Ok fair one. Just wondered the motives. It is very shameful.

Iam not saying that england fans are worse then evrybody else, evry country has it's fair share of idiots, sweden also has alot of fans that behave like shit when they get drunk.

Edited by Ikantcpell

Just now, Ikantcpell said:

Iam not saying that england fans are worse then evrybody else, evry country has it's fair share of idiots, sweden also has alot of fans that behvae like shit when they get drunk.

Nah mate your right. We may not be the most violent anymore but for pissed up rocket polishers we certainly are. Was just asking that's all. 

5 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

Celebrating the burning of Catholics 400 years after the event, in an age where toleration has been added to the Decalogue, seems strange, but keeping pets seems odd to those who can't imagine having any themselves. 

Yep, that's definitely why people celebrate Bonfire Night, not at all because it's fun and fireworks are ace. Next you'll be telling me people don't really celebrate Jesus's birthday and just enjoy it for the presents and gorging on food.

It's one night a year for crying out loud. Keep the pets indoors and they'll be fine in the morning. I have a dog and two cats, by the way.

5 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Will probably cop a bit of flak for this, but, the poppy.

Its been adopted as a political symbol as opposed to one of respect and remembrance. It's shoved down your throats. The football, in the street, cut into the pitch at Leicester.

If I want to show respect to those who have fallen, I should be able to do it on my own terms. Not because some bloke will get angry if I don't wear a poppy. It's just a bit upsetting that something that was established as a mark of respect and remembrance is something that you feel you have to wear, rather than something you want to.

14938367_694191370741476_842792664737582

• Like 3

The thieving pikey gyspy scum from last week.

They covered all the CCTV cameras with bags, broke into our substation and cut the power then nicked the cables. Monday morning the Tarmac plant had massive job they were supposed to start, no power = them sitting around for 2 days as they waited for massive generators to be set up. The technical lab had to wait until Tuesday to have a huge generator set up for them to continue work. We in security had the short end of the stick, we've had to move over to the old gym/canteen building and set p in 12x12 room leaving the door open so we can see out of the reception area onto the driveway. We have a small generator set up which we have one extension strip plugged into to, 4 sockets for 32A, We have to have the Fridge and a Light plugged in constantly, 2 left for the Heater, Microwave, Kettle and the phone charger(or my Laptop). We can't use the heater and the kettle at the same time or we'd overload the circuit. This is the only power we have on the whole building so there is no hot water in the building, every time you need a piss you have to wait until relief of not holding it in outweighs the risk of frostbite from washing your hands.

The other target of my ire is thr procession of management companies who wouldn't fix the barriers on the driveway because it wasn't cost effective, the latest of which are complaining that they were never fixed as the current £4-5K cost of repair would have been significantly lower 3-4 years ago when it should have been done and is at least half as much as the damage the pikey scum caused.

also, typing in gloves, it's **** freezing.

On 06/11/2016 at 15:21, StefanAVFC said:

Will probably cop a bit of flak for this, but, the poppy.

Its been adopted as a political symbol as opposed to one of respect and remembrance. It's shoved down your throats. The football, in the street, cut into the pitch at Leicester.

If I want to show respect to those who have fallen, I should be able to do it on my own terms. Not because some bloke will get angry if I don't wear a poppy. It's just a bit upsetting that something that was established as a mark of respect and remembrance is something that you feel you have to wear, rather than something you want to.

I don't wear a poppy, I never have done

Â