Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

21 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:
  Reveal hidden contents

(Slightly colourful language. Not entirely safe for work).

Exactly the routine I had in mind when I posted my reply :)

Had my car in to have a CV joint replaced, bloke has brought it back and asked when the MOT is due because it's likely to fail. Brake disc are corroded and worn, probably need new pads too and power steering fluid is foaming which he's never seen before and will probably mean there is a leak somewhere.

Gonna have to MOT early as possible to give me time to scramble if I need a new car. I guess this one is being run into the ground either way.

On 8/7/2016 at 12:10, HanoiVillan said:

An excellent point IMO. Coming back to Britain after living in other countries, you realise how dumb - and fundamentally anti-consumer - most companies are. Why is my broadband cheap for 12 months and then insanely expensive for the rest of human history afterwards? We think it's normal, because it's 'how we do things here' but for most of the rest of the world it's utterly bizarre. 

I really wish Labour hadn't dropped their 'rip-off Britain' arguments. This country really is a rip-off. 

Rip-off Britain update:

Have a peach of a mouth ulcer. Couldn't bear it any more,so just drove to the 24 hour Tesco. They didn't have pastilles, so I had to buy gel which I don't like anyway, but took it to the till. The tube of gel, bear in mind, weighs a pretty hefty eight grams, so it was of course a reasonable price for this tube to be £5.85. I gaped. I spluttered. I gibbered. I bought it anyway cos my mouth really **** hurts. Then I drove home, turned the computer on and performed a basic calculation:

Silver traded on commodity markets Iglu mouth ulcer gel
£/g £0.49 £0.73

Rip-off Britain. 

Edited by HanoiVillan

We've known how to send low paid minions to dig precious metals out of the ground for hundreds, thousands of years. You've paid for a magic paste, that cures wounds on your mouth. You're living in the future. :P 

• Like 1

I bought some rightguard antiperspirant because the shop sold out of the one I usually used. I put it on for the first time today and I'm in danger of flooding the office from my pits...useless stuff, I swear I'm sweating more than I do if I just wear none at all, and I'm just sat at a desk.

13 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I bought some rightguard antiperspirant because the shop sold out of the one I usually used. I put it on for the first time today and I'm in danger of flooding the office from my pits...useless stuff, I swear I'm sweating more than I do if I just wear none at all, and I'm just sat at a desk.

So here's the business plan:

We set up a company called something like Scienctific Sweat Engage/Eliminate Technology.

We have manly packaging in greys and blacks with a ripped bloke doing the blue steel stare from the box.

We advertise, using sports blokes and tech graphics to suggest our product will get you dry and therefore get you a blowie.

We buy industrial quantities of always panty liners, re package them in threes (two armpits and a bum crack). Stick them in the 'Ssweet! boxes.

Boom! I know this works, been trialling the pads for months. Dry as a mormon wedding.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Are you sure you bought the right one, the ball and aerosol are not so effective when used in the armpits.      

• Like 1

People who decide what's good for you.

Context - I sit on a bank of six desks. Every day each one of us makes a round of teas, which keeps us going through the day. Everyone has white without apart from me as I like a small amount of sugar in my tea (like half a teaspoon). There are two people who, when it comes to their round, refuse to put sugar in my tea because it's bad for me.

Unfortunately, one of them is my Director so I can't really make too much of a fuss but really, I'm a 43 year old senior manager. I can decide if I want sugar in my tea or not!

It shouldn't pee me off as I can just as easily drink tea without sugar but it's the fact that they're telling me what I can and can't do that's annoying. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, choffer said:

Context - I sit on a bank of six desks. Every day each one of us makes a round of teas, which keeps us going through the day. Everyone has white without apart from me as I like a small amount of sugar in my tea (like half a teaspoon). There are two people who, when it comes to their round, refuse to put sugar in my tea because it's bad for me.

Unfortunately, one of them is my Director so I can't really make too much of a fuss but really, I'm a 43 year old senior manager. I can decide if I want sugar in my tea or not!

It shouldn't pee me off as I can just as easily drink tea without sugar but it's the fact that they're telling me what I can and can't do that's annoying. 

Pretend you are Japanese and choose to do the same as everyone else, for the sake of Wa (social harmony).

It is the assumption that you have a choice which is unsettling you, Grasshopper. :) 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, choffer said:

I don't understand people who would do that.  I know it's only a small thing relatively, but it's basically passive aggression.  As it's only a small thing it could quite easily be brought up in a "jokey" manner without it being an issue, although with everyone 'getting' the subtext i.e. give me **** sugar.  Otherwise I'd go the dAVe80 route and keep sugar in my desk.  words removed.

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

I don't understand people who would do that.  I know it's only a small thing relatively, but it's basically passive aggression.  As it's only a small thing it could quite easily be brought up in a "jokey" manner without it being an issue, although with everyone 'getting' the subtext i.e. give me **** sugar.  Otherwise I'd go the dAVe80 route and keep sugar in my desk.  words removed.

The daft thing is, the two primary protagonists are always bringing in cake to go with our tea. Beggars belief. 

Actually, maybe the cake is the real reason I don't complain about my tea ;)

1 hour ago, choffer said:

And they are both totally wrong. Sugar is not bad for you. Especially a measly half a **** teaspoon. Idiots. 

Even if it's your director, just without smiling, look them in the eye and say "All jokes aside, I actually do like sugar in my tea. Can you put one in please? Or don't worry about making it for me, I'll do it myself"

Some people don't realise the joke's gone too far.

• Like 2

Â