Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

20 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

It was FFM. 

I've met some good people sharing. My best mate was my housemate at first. I've met a few chica's through it too. Took me a lot of getting used to but I'm cool with it now, though I would rather live alone. 

spying on them in the bathroom through a peephole,  isn't meeting them  ...just saying

23 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

This was south, not far from Wylde Green Station.

But we're looking all over really.

I'm buying at the moment looking around a 1 mile radius of Sutton, an still getting the bullshit off agents. My house sold 5 weeks ago so getting desperate to find somewhere.

One viewing was " the asking price has been met so you will have to make an offer before you leave, the viewing"?

Properties go on rightmove but not taking viewings at the moment

One agent quoted, I only have 10 AM Saturday. It was a little early, though when asked if they have anything later they said 10:10?

One property I looked at may be sold they will come back to me, no sure when.

All are now block viewings, so end up in an auction above asking price.

My thought was agents work in the vendors interests not themselves. This is not the case at the moment. They will be eating out of 'our' hands if we hit a recession again.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Having to either constantly switch providers for almost everything, haggle like I'm in some sort of third world flea market, or know I'm being ripped off.

I don't go in to Tesco for a bag of rice, only to have to threaten to switch to Sainsbury's so that I can get the real price, so why the **** do I have to do it for my phone, insurance, utilities, TV...Just give me the **** price you words removed.

that should piss you off.

The whole concept of tipping drives me insane too. I only eat in restaurants that are service included.

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Having to either constantly switch providers for almost everything, haggle like I'm in some sort of third world flea market, or know I'm being ripped off.

I don't go in to Tesco for a bag of rice, only to have to threaten to switch to Sainsbury's so that I can get the real price, so why the **** do I have to do it for my phone, insurance, utilities, TV...Just give me the **** price you words removed.

Given the basis of an invitation to treat, I would like to see someone try to threaten to switch retailers if Tesco didn't accept your offer for the basmati.

46 minutes ago, a m ole said:

The whole concept of tipping drives me insane too. I only eat in restaurants that are service included.

I do the opposite. Tipping for me is the acknowledgement of a job well done. You serve me well, you get a tip. If service is included, I'm paying for service no matter how good or bad it is.

• Like 1

People who fuel up at the pump, then go inside and do there weekly F***** shop, even when there are ques, while dumb ass here is sitting behind the empty car waiting for the pump.

In Yenton ESSO last weekend, some geezer only had to pull forward an park up away from the pump. What was worse is he came out first an continued to sit in his van stationary while his misses continued to shop for another10 minutes, Grrr, nearly kicked off.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, a m ole said:

that should piss you off.

Some places don't expect a tip, some places include it on the bill automatically and I suppose at others it is pretty muchbmuch but expected. 

Places that say service charge included just add 10-15% to the bill and expect you to pay it. One, like Choffer said, I want to decide if service has been worthy of a tip and how much, and secondly a lot of these large chain places that add it to the bill, don't give the service charge back to staff. I will often not pay it but leave a cash tip.

41 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

Some places don't expect a tip, some places include it on the bill automatically and I suppose at others it is pretty muchbmuch but expected. 

Places that say service charge included just add 10-15% to the bill and expect you to pay it. One, like Choffer said, I want to decide if service has been worthy of a tip and how much, and secondly a lot of these large chain places that add it to the bill, don't give the service charge back to staff. I will often not pay it but leave a cash tip.

you can always not pay the service included if the service isn't good and have a legitimate reason to do so.

the issue is that I want the actual price I'll pay in front of me and to decide if it's worth it or not. Having to sit there at the end of a nice meal and judge the performance of the person putting a plate in front of me, and then knowing that they will be judging whether my tip was enough as I leave is not a pleasant end to an evening out. Especially since I hardly ever carry cash, so have to find it or get some out just so I can eat somewhere without pissing off a waiter. The whole process is ridiculously awkward. 

I hate that restaurants move responsibility for paying their staff directly to the customer too, if tipping wasn't a thing they would have to step up and pay their staff properly.

1 hour ago, a m ole said:

I hate that restaurants move responsibility for paying their staff directly to the customer too, if tipping wasn't a thing they would have to step up and pay their staff properly.

They do, this isn't America.

There's a reasonably legitimate reason to tip in America, where the staff earn less than the meager minimum wage. Employers have to top it up if an employee doesn't earn at least the minimum wage including their tips, but employees who don't will be let go pretty damn quickly as soon as the employer has to put their hand in their pocket.

We have no such problem in Britain. It's not a well paid job, but then, it's not a skilled job, so of course the wages are crap. Unless you tip other low paid workers you interact with (ever tipped someone replenishing stock in a supermarket?), it's absolutely ludicrous to tip waiting staff in Britain.

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

They do, this isn't America.

There's a reasonably legitimate reason to tip in America, where the staff earn less than the meager minimum wage. Employers have to top it up if an employee doesn't earn at least the minimum wage including their tips, but employees who don't will be let go pretty damn quickly as soon as the employer has to put their hand in their pocket.

We have no such problem in Britain. It's not a well paid job, but then, it's not a skilled job, so of course the wages are crap. Unless you tip other low paid workers you interact with (ever tipped someone replenishing stock in a supermarket?), it's absolutely ludicrous to tip waiting staff in Britain.

I totally agree.

Â