Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Lack of sleep - lay awake last night until about 5am. No biggie as I'm off this week but i'll feel shit all day now

I've moved my room around last week and have been sleeping a million times better since might even wake after 7:30am tomorrow on my day off.

This article that Eurogamer posted a couple of days ago:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-18-editors-blog-i-am-sexist

I'm fed up as a white male of being told endlessly that I am sexist. I am not. Why is it that only men can be sexist now? Are things like the diet coke ads, minstrels ad with the male strippers, oven clean ad that's so easy even a man can do it, all the ads where the helpless man has to be rescued by his all conquering wife etc.... Are these not sexist then?

There seems to be a definite agenda in the media here with this anti male bias, we had the #yesallwomen bollocks recently which started out with good intentions but just dissolved into man bashing which is just as sexist as to what it was fighting against.

Its all so one sided and skewed beyond reality that's its doing harm to real issues. Its really starting to piss me off and worry me.

We cant progress until the world realises men can be victims of sexism too. Its people who are sexist, men AND women, until this is realised then we cant ever hope for an equal society.

All my life girls have told me that i have a nice ass, wich is great cause ive got alot of hot girls because of it..However, all my life ive had unattractive girls pinching my ass in nightclubs when they have had to much to drink.

Girls coming up to me at the bar starting to touch me and asking me straight to the face if wanna bang them..i would have no problem with this if i found them attractive, but 99% of them are not.

So yeah ive been the vicitm of sexist women all my life.

Are things like the diet coke ads

Ooh, that brunette that rolls him the can, I'd shag her rotten, baby yeah.

Not the almost buck-toothed reaction-face blonde one though, not with a barge pole.

I'm sorry, what were we talking about?

Edited by GarethRDR

I'm being super cereal guys. I'm not saying there aren't sexist men doing sexist things but sexism isn't exclusive to one gender despite what the general consensus and media would have you believe.

There is no agenda. You sound like those Unionists who whine on about how those durn Nationalists took everything. In reality, all that happened was a rebalancing of power. That is what's happening now, in a way, although a truly equal society is far, far away. In terms of sexism, men are a much bigger problem to women than women are to men. All you need to do is look up rape statistics, domestic violence statistics, or just browse twitter, facebook or most forums on the internet and see how men talk about women. A perfect example is the LAD culture, or those MRA dickheads. If the current debate upsets you, good. Face up to the issues, listen to what people have to say, and stop whining that 'not all men' are shitty, or 'women can be sexist too'.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner
  • Like 1

There is no agenda. You sound like those Unionists who whine on about how those durn Nationalists took everything. In reality, all that happened was a rebalancing of power. That is what's happening now, in a way, although a truly equal society is far, far away. In terms of sexism, men are a much bigger problem to women than women are to men. All you need to do is look up rape statistics, domestic violence statistics, or just browse twitter, facebook or most forums on the internet and see how men talk about women. A perfect example is the LAD culture, or those MRA dickheads. If the current debate upsets you, good. Face up to the issues, listen to what people have to say, and stop whining that 'not all men' are shitty, or 'women can be sexist too'.

How everyone suddenly becomes a football expert when the world cup is on. Even girls in the office saying 'Hodgson should have done this, he should have done that'

Yep.

A guy in my office gave a huge lecture this morning about what was wrong. Unsurprisingly it was just a mixture of clichés and nonsense.

But the funny thing was he was giving it to this woman, who has no interest in football at all, and just politely asked him if he watched the match.

Her reply was "they seemed a bit... slow"

(which ironically was probably more insightful than anything he said)

Not once have I denied that statistically its worse for women and I think its right to fight against sexism but my argument is that it should be fought against in all its forms. Do those men that have been victims or male victims of domestic abuse no longer matter because they are in the minority?

Whenever someone speaks up against it people like you think its just men moaning about being singled out when in fact its just people searching for equality across the board.

Not once have I denied that statistically its worse for women and I think its right to fight against sexism but my argument is that it should be fought against in all its forms. Do those men that have been victims or male victims of domestic abuse no longer matter because they are in the minority?

Whenever someone speaks up against it people like you think its just men moaning about being singled out when in fact its just people searching for equality across the board.

The thing is, is when people talk about it, I think they do want everything across the board.

But if you're being interviewed and you keep having to say "this includes men as well, remember", then they're wasting time.

I think the world would be really boring if we had to add caveats to everything we say which doesn't necessarily cover all bases of whatever spectrum you're talking about.

Edited by lapal_fan

You argued that there is some anti-male agenda in the meeja etc. My post addressed that.

Wanting equality across the board is all well and good but you have to sit back and realise that the amount of problems you face as a white bloke are significantly less that women face, that minorities face, that LGBT people face. That the media focuses on their rights and greater equality for them is right and if you don't like it, tough shit, but that doesn't mean work isn't being done on the ground to help men who have problems. IMHO the biggest problem with men's issues is that men don't come forward enough with their problems because of society's expectations of what a man should be and how he should behave. Feminism looks to change that as much as seek equality for women, which is something a lot of people tend to ignore when complaining about it.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

You argued that there is some anti-male agenda in the meeja etc. My post addressed that.

Wanting equality across the board is all well and good but you have to sit back and realise that the amount of problems you face as a white bloke are significantly less that women face, that minorities face, that LGBT people face. That the media focuses on their rights and greater equality for them is right and if you don't like it, tough shit, but that doesn't mean work isn't being done on the ground to help men who have problems. IMHO the biggest problem with men's issues is that men don't come forward enough with their problems because of society's expectations of what a man should be and how he should behave. Feminism looks to change that as much as seek equality for women, which is something a lot of people tend to ignore when complaining about it.

The main problems for men are that they can't pick up the Guardian every day and be reminded why they are victims, and all male problems are always presented as privileges.

Memes, yeah some of them are funny but there are so many of them now that it's just complete overkill, have you seen all of the England ones after last nights match? **** me I looked at them all and they were really really terrible

Â