Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

She sounds like she's genuinely gone mad.

Like one of those bears who have been kept in captivity for too long.

talking of bears ... I only noticed for the first time today that there is a bear on the Toblerone bar logo ... all those bars  of the stuff I've eaten over the years and never noticed it

TBF, It's not something one would notice:

toblerone-bear.png

Going back to the Amazon thing. Of course I realise they're just trying to get me to spend more. But a quick glance at my account will clearly demonstrate that that's not a problem.  :P I can't get enough CDs and books. 

It's just the irrationality of the multiple packages. I always tick the box that says 'group items together', as I'm not usually THAT desperate for a fast delivery (it's often next day, anyway, so no point in paying for first class). 

As for Play.com, I've had bad experiences with them, and I don't like their website. So I'll stick with the antichrist. No record shops round here anyway. 

When someone is suprised / amused by my accent.

Yes, I'm from Birmingham.

Yes, I have a Brummie accent.

No, I don't need you to repeat back to me, what I just said in a cod Black Country accent. 

It's not so hard to fathom, it's the second biggest city in the country, and there are approx a million of us.

I wouldn't say I have that much of an accent, a bit south east ish if anything at times. Rounded off and averaged out by years of working away.

Anyway, I've been given a job, a rescue job for a project that's gone tits. A project that was being run by a guy with a good Brum accent. The Client has quite a strong Welsh* accent and is one of them odd people that love's the old country and bangs on about it and plays up to it - but doesn't actually live there*. To my great shame I've played on this and my accent changes greatly when I'm on that job, I go the full Gavin and Stacey's Nessa, oh what's occurin'.

Just selling my soul for the job really.

*you know the type, insert Scot / Irish / Yorkshire / Manc / Latvian / Aussie / Kiwi etc., as per your choice

Going back to the Amazon thing. Of course I realise they're just trying to get me to spend more. But a quick glance at my account will clearly demonstrate that that's not a problem. :P I can't get enough CDs and books.

It's just the irrationality of the multiple packages. I always tick the box that says 'group items together', as I'm not usually THAT desperate for a fast delivery (it's often next day, anyway, so no point in paying for first class).

As for Play.com, I've had bad experiences with them, and I don't like their website. So I'll stick with the antichrist. No record shops round here anyway.

If you build it, they will come.

The infrastructure and architecture in the UK compared to other countries is abysmal.

Why cant we have big modern skyscraper buildings here like those in shanghai, toronto, even bangkok. Why cant we have efficient, modern sky trains like those in asia. Why cant we have beautiful architecture like in spain and italy?

The UK is miles behind countries in terms of this compared to countries that are supposedly poorer economically then us. The ugliness of our towns and cities is depressing.

Because people in this country are horrified of change. 

Energy prices go up "let's build wind farms!  They're cheap and will lower our rising prices, because we'll be generating the power!".  "Great idea, hmm, now where to put them.. how about on this hill, it'll be perfect!".  "No, because they'll be within my living room windows view, which I rarely look out of, but I will if they put windfarms there!".

"Let's build a high speed railway from A - B, it'll save everyone who uses it a lot of time!".  "Great idea! hmm where shall we put it?? How about there, sure, we'll have to knock down some old stock houses, but it'll benefit the whole country!".  "NEVER!  my grandad lived in those shitty old delapidated houses, I never want them knocked down!".

"Lets build an extenstion to the run way, so we can increase the amount of tourists coming to the country, the important commuters and make the general infrastructure of the country better for all!".  "Great idea! which run-way should we extend? Hmm.. How about this one?".  "NEVER! there are 500 families living in those shitty old houses, and my **** grandad lived in one of them, I'll be dead before I let you and those noisy planes ruin everything for everyone!!!".

"Let's build a new, wider motorway so we can reduce everyones commute by 45 minutes!". - "NEVER, those trees and shrubs look lovely, I mean, look at all that beautiful Japanese Knotweed growing..!"

KEEP OUR HERITAGE YES, BUT NOT AT THE EXPENSE OF MAKING THE COUNTRY A SHITTY OLD SHIT HOLE.. look at the broken down houses on the Hagley Road, cannot be knocked down because of grade 2 listed buildings - they are falling apart.

God damn, this subject pisses me off.....badly.

• Like 2

Edit: just noticed Toronto on your list .. that CN Tower is an ugly concrete monstrosity and Toronto whilst it has it's charms isn't really what I would call a  beautiful city ..it's no Niagara on the lake for example

Loved that place.. truely idillic.

Last week she said "People who read the Daily Mail should be shot", followed a few seconds later by "..But, they do have the best gossip column". To top it off, for about half an hour this morning she was reading articles off the Daily Mail website.

She's right to be fair. Plenty of bikini pics on the gossip pages to bash one out to. Its my go-to site for celeb skin

Edit: just noticed Toronto on your list .. that CN Tower is an ugly concrete monstrosity and Toronto whilst it has it's charms isn't really what I would call a  beautiful city ..it's no Niagara on the lake for example

truely idillic.

:blink:  consecutive spelling errors may be more welcomed in Toronto too. ;)

• Like 1

The last thing I want is for cities around UK & Ireland to become dominated by skyscrapers. Horrid things.

Case in point :lol:

truely idillic.

:blink:  consecutive spelling errors may be more welcomed in Toronto too. ;)

Swig and a mis.

The last thing I want is for cities around UK & Ireland to become dominated by skyscrapers. Horrid things.

exactly CED. Some people's ideas of 'beautiful cities/architecture' would be very different to mine. No thanks to Yank style, block after block of towering skyscrapers.

• Like 1

The infrastructure and architecture in the UK compared to other countries is abysmal.

Why cant we have big modern skyscraper buildings here like those in shanghai, toronto, even bangkok. Why cant we have efficient, modern sky trains like those in asia. Why cant we have beautiful architecture like in spain and italy?

The UK is miles behind countries in terms of this compared to countries that are supposedly poorer economically then us. The ugliness of our towns and cities is depressing.

I agree with you in part but progress in Asia is done through bribery, corruption and trampling over people's human rights. You don't think the powers that be in Bangkok consulted the locals when they built the BTS Skytrain through their gardens? The Chinese didn't have right to appeal when they were told to leave their homes before they are bulldozed out of them. 

I heard someone say the other day that the expansion at Heathrow has been talked about for 20 years or so. In China, they've built about 10 new airports in that time! There are no focus groups or environmental committees debating the pros and cons there! 

But yes, they do have nice skyscrapers  :)

Because people in this country are horrified of change.

Energy prices go up "let's build wind farms! They're cheap and will lower our rising prices, because we'll be generating the power!". "Great idea, hmm, now where to put them.. how about on this hill, it'll be perfect!". "No, because they'll be within my living room windows view, which I rarely look out of, but I will if they put windfarms there!".

"Let's build a high speed railway from A - B, it'll save everyone who uses it a lot of time!". "Great idea! hmm where shall we put it?? How about there, sure, we'll have to knock down some old stock houses, but it'll benefit the whole country!". "NEVER! my grandad lived in those shitty old delapidated houses, I never want them knocked down!".

"Lets build an extenstion to the run way, so we can increase the amount of tourists coming to the country, the important commuters and make the general infrastructure of the country better for all!". "Great idea! which run-way should we extend? Hmm.. How about this one?". "NEVER! there are 500 families living in those shitty old houses, and my **** grandad lived in one of them, I'll be dead before I let you and those noisy planes ruin everything for everyone!!!".

"Let's build a new, wider motorway so we can reduce everyones commute by 45 minutes!". - "NEVER, those trees and shrubs look lovely, I mean, look at all that beautiful Japanese Knotweed growing..!"

KEEP OUR HERITAGE YES, BUT NOT AT THE EXPENSE OF MAKING THE COUNTRY A SHITTY OLD SHIT HOLE.. look at the broken down houses on the Hagley Road, cannot be knocked down because of grade 2 listed buildings - they are falling apart.

God damn, this subject pisses me off.....badly.

Quality post fella. Spot on with everything you say and well written.

Agree with you TonyH to an extent but for a country like the UK its not acceptable to have as many ugly towns and cities as we do and be so far beyond in our infrastructure.

But instead be dominated by beautiful towns and cities like milton keynes, wrexham, sheffield, Wolverhampton, etc. Ive come to realise that the ugly buildings and lack of infrastructure seems generic throughout the UK.

The rare places of beauty such as York, Chester, Edinburgh and parts of London are few and far between.

Only thing I love about the UK is our countryside. You cant beat an english country pub.

Edited by donnie
  • Like 2

To be fair, London has changed a fair bit in the last 50 years. 

Londons-skyline-with-St-P-001.jpg

It has, but thats about 1 square mile of change.   Everything outside of that square is shite.

As has been said, these new towns such as Milton Keynes and even Redditch - are still rubbish with traffic everywhere and concrete buildings.. Absolutely crap places.

I'm all for listing buildings and maintaining certain asthetics, I love a beautiful Georgian/Victorian/Edwardian house, or an old fashioned court or police station, but  99% of urban areas and fringe areas should be built to cope with TODAYS society, not society from 100 years ago when there were VERY few cars on the road.

going forward, we need to anticipate how many people will be in the country in 100 years time, and estimate that every person will have a car on the road, build motorways and bypasses for that, not because you may upset some 70 year old who's lived somewhere all his life, he'll be **** dead in 10-15 years.

I also understand what after the war we had to completely rebuild cities etc for very little cost (hence concrete jungles), so they can sort of be forgiven.

What you cannot forgive is broken down housing/offices and other general use buildings on major routes into a city or town, because they're listed.. It's aboslutely counter productive and ridiculous.  Let someone knock them down and turn them into houses/aparts for young professionals wanting to live close to the cities, it'll cut down traffic, generate income and get rid of eye sores.

Just give me the power and let me get on with it :lol:

I assume you're talking about Birmingham here?

You could spend ages looking at beautiful architecture in London. There are hundreds, if not thousands of buildings, dating hundreds of years old, all built with amazing detail and craftsmanship.

As for skyscrapers - how about One Canada Square, The Shard, 20 Fenchurch Street, Heron Tower etc?

You want an efficient Skytrain: the DLR is highly reliable and large parts of it are elevated.

You shouldn't let Birmingham's shitness cloud your views of other parts of the country.

She sounds like she's genuinely gone mad.

Like one of those bears who have been kept in captivity for too long.

She's not mad, she's just an annoying bitch who loves the sound of her own voice and thinks everyone else does too.

She's also one of those people who will burst out with an OTT laugh, just so that someone asks what they're laughing at.

Worst of all, she can be very rude.

Five minutes ago, someone was talking on the other side of our little office, and it was clear they were looking on the system for a spreadsheet. She piped up, shouting over everyone to tell this person where the spreasheet is. Then a few seconds later she blurted out "I think 'Thankyou' is the word you're looking for".

.....If anyone walks down Hagley Road this week, you might see me jumping out of a 2nd floor window.

I assume you're talking about Birmingham here?

You could spend ages looking at beautiful architecture in London. There are hundreds, if not thousands of buildings, dating hundreds of years old, all built with amazing detail and craftsmanship.

As for skyscrapers - how about One Canada Square, The Shard, 20 Fenchurch Street, Heron Tower etc?

You want an efficient Skytrain: the DLR is highly reliable and large parts of it are elevated.

You shouldn't let Birmingham's shitness cloud your views of other parts of the country.

Outside of London, much of the country is a shitness, but that's what happens when everyone with money and businesses worth anything are in London.

It's not news that it's hugely out of proportion with everywhere else in the UK.

Says a lot about Birmingham that the only good things we have here are exibition halls :lol: and that's only because we're in the middle of the country.

Â