Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

The chicken thighs I was going to cook for lunch are out of date. Gonna have to go to the super market on a Saturday. Nothing can compare to the horror of food shopping on a Saturday. 

Buy chicken breast... much better than thighs!  :)

See, I disagree about that. I find chicken thighs aren't as dry as chicken breasts, so are tastier, and I can get the skin to go crispier. 

Telling her how I feel won't "ruin her or her husband's life", and I have no intention of doing anything untoward. "Forbidden fruit" and all that, I guess...

Worst case scenario is she's flattered maybe, and I embarrass myself!

If you have no intention of doing anything about it regardless of whether her reaction is positive or negative, then what's the point in telling her? You clearly want to tell her because deep down you want her to return your feelings so you can be one step closer to being together, and there's nothing wrong with feeling that way, we've all been there, but this woman is married.

Perhaps she loves her husband very much but has a crush on you. You leaving and removing yourself from the equation might be the best thing for her.

You should walk away, absolutely. There will be others.

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 3

I've fallen for a girl who is married. We've worked together for the last 10 months. Not knowing if she feels the same way about me, but I think she might. We get on really well and we have chemistry, things just spark. Although I work with her, I am quitting next week, and probably will never see her again, which is probably for the best, cuz I do not want to disrespect her marriage by doing anything stupid. But I really kind of want to tell her how amazing I think she is, and how much I just want her  :wub:

I want to ask her if she feels the same, but what good would that do? All the chemistry and spark and sexual tension could be all in my head. And she's married, FFS...

I should probably keep playing it cool like I have this whole time. But when I say good bye and walk away, I'll always wonder, and that not knowing is gonna eat me up.

I can imagine it being like a CBS Drama and there's a montage of longing looks and lingering around whilst sighing deeply as the sun sets and night creeps in, revealing all the twinkling lights of the city as this song plays.

At first maqroll walks away, through streets full of happy couples, with his head down, but then suddenly, he turns sharply and marches back towards his former work place, with a steely look in his eyes, as he tries to frantically find her.

maqroll eventually finds her, she's busy with a customer but she looks his way and they make eye contact but it's at the exact moment her husband arrives to pick her up from work.

...the credits roll on a cliffhanger for the next season.

Edited by 8pints
  • Like 2

The chicken thighs I was going to cook for lunch are out of date. Gonna have to go to the super market on a Saturday. Nothing can compare to the horror of food shopping on a Saturday. 

Buy chicken breast... much better than thighs!  :)

See, I disagree about that. I find chicken thighs aren't as dry as chicken breasts, so are tastier, and I can get the skin to go crispier. 

The Vt minister of food agrees with dave80

• Like 1

To be fair, if it's properly prepared, cooked and served, there isn't much that you can't eat on a 'food animal'. 

Offal seems to have gone out of fashion in recent years though. 

• Like 2

To be fair, if it's properly prepared, cooked and served, there isn't much that you can't eat on a 'food animal'.

True. Just don't tell the person what part they are eating and they wouldn't care.

my personal mantra is -

If you're going to eat an animal, eat all of it.

Oh believe me, I do. It's a waste buying a full chicken just for myself though, hence I got a packet of chicken thighs, as they're cheaper and tastier than chicken breasts.  

• Like 1

When watching the world cup......cameras pick out a really fit girl.....she sees herself on the big screen and starts playing up to it.....then the lard arse bloke in front of her also sees HE'S on screen so he stands up, starts wobbling around like a buffoon totally blocking my view of the said lovely lady :-(

• Like 1

It's moments like this where i remember how retro you are :D

It's moments like this where i remember how retro you are :D

As I've said before in conversations like this, my parents were old enough to be grandparents - 50 and 40 - when I was born. Their bithdates were 1903 and 1914. This means that I absorbed quite a lot of the mindset of 'a long time ago'. Some of it is appealing, some of it isn't, but I don't mind that situation, TBH. 

I'd say goodbye all gentlemanlike and walk into the sunset toward a life of tequila at 8am and regrets.

Then one you'll find another lady and you'll realise it wasn't a mistake but just another tough adult decision that was for the best in the end.

Haha, yep, I think this was basically the plan all along. It HAS been what I've been doing.

What "pisses me off but shouldn't" is the fact that there are so few quality women out there who have what she's got- a combination of smarts, looks, good humor, style, modesty...she even plays (soccer) and can talk about tactics!

Plus she laughs at all my dumb jokes...

Ah well, "I go again"....

my personal mantra is -

'Chitlins'

You know what I'm talking about.

My Nan and Grandad used to eat them. Horrible things!

my personal mantra is -

All of it!!

mummy mummy I think my egg's bad

shut up and just eat it

mummy, do I have to eat the little beak as well?

• Like 1

Â