Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I think my reply read a bit angrily but I didn't mean it too much :P

I don't begrudge anyone a day off or chance to be at home with family but why can't I go to the shops just because of outdated religious/trading laws?

I'm just stopping at home getting obese  :P

• Like 1

What you on about? I've just been in my local Tesco - open 7.00 to 11.00, as usual.

The small ones are, ones over a certain size are prohibited from opening, even though they're the same company, because the trading laws are absurd.

I'm sure the people who work in said shops are glad of the day off.

Its only through chance (shift rota) that I'm off today. I work most weekends. 7am to 8pm a lot too. Healthcare staff don't get mandatory days off.

National holidays are a good thing. Maybe we could've picked a better cause than a bearded, smarty pants Israeli but I still think they are something the public should be afforded from time to time.

Edited by Wainy316

National holidays are a good thing. Maybe we could've picked a better cause than a bearded, smarty pants Israeli but I still think they are something the public should be afforded from time to time.

I agree. It also allows other businesses, such as my own, the freedom to go to work without the usual hustle and bustle getting in the way and also to charge a little bit more for the service. I worked Friday, Saturday and my lads are on site today too (I had an MRI on my knee). As everyone is still away from their desks tomorrow also it means I have a day free from their bullshit to catch up on more important work related stuff.

I love them. But yeah, I'm annoyed Morrisons is closed.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

We need something added in around October time - that period between the summer bank holiday and Christmas is too much of a stretch.

If only you had a few weeks' worth of days off that you can book off at a time to suit yourself.

We need something added in around October time - that period between the summer bank holiday and Christmas is too much of a stretch.

If only you had a few weeks' worth of days off that you can book off at a time to suit yourself.

Some of us do.

• Like 1

But I want a free day off which doesn't get deducted from my annual leave. Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

Well, I've been to Waitrose, Sainsbury a newsagent and a petrol station today.

I think it's great that people don't automatically get bank holidays off anymore, it must be making us more competitive. If you're stupid enough to end up in the service industries or working in a shop you can use this relatively quiet day in work to reflect on how much effort you put in at school.

• Like 1

Well, I've been to Waitrose, Sainsbury a newsagent and a petrol station today.

I think it's great that people don't automatically get bank holidays off anymore, it must be making us more competitive. If you're stupid enough to end up in the service industries or working in a shop you can use this relatively quiet day in work to reflect on how much effort you put in at school.

This-is-gonna-be-good.gif
  • Like 1

I'm torn, because on the one hand I defintiely agree with your first sentence, if only you could have phrased the rest of your post without making it clear that you have a lot in common with this.

111945.jpg

Â