Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

He lectured me about image rights and questioned my teaching because of it.

Good job he never saw the necknomination debate. :P

p.s. On the meals thing, I think it's incredibly inconsiderate for people to expect the bill to be shared evenly if there is such a disparity - I'm not suggesting that someone should be there calculating the exact contributions on a napkin but it's rather poor for no one to chime in and say,"Hold on, x didn't have half as much as me/anything to drink."

that's my view.

In general I'm a split the bill guy. It annoys me when people are arguing over a couple of quid here and there.

But when there's an obvious difference its rude to insist on splitting.

• Like 1

He lectured me about image rights and questioned my teaching because of it.

Good job he never saw the necknomination debate. :P

p.s. On the meals thing, I think it's incredibly inconsiderate for people to expect the bill to be shared evenly if there is such a disparity - I'm not suggesting that someone should be there calculating the exact contributions on a napkin but it's rather poor for no one to chime in and say,"Hold on, x didn't have half as much as me/anything to drink."

that's my view.

In general I'm a split the bill guy. It annoys me when people are arguing over a couple of quid here and there.

But when there's an obvious difference its rude to insist on splitting.

This, if its roughly even then i'm not going to argue over a few quid. However, if i've had a cheese toastie and a water and someone else has had lobster thermadore and a bottle of bolly then its not being split evenly! However, my mates would never insist on it being split evenly in that situation, the one who had had more would pay more. They wouldn't have to be told

Their argument is

1) We're mates so it doesn't matter.

2) You can order what you want.

Well, to be fair, its a shit argument! And not something i'd accept if I was in that group.

I think another is that nobody in the group can sympathise with my situation. 

They are 

1) A couple of years older.

2) None of them went to uni and so have been working since 16/18.

3) They all have jobs.

So here's me, still a skint student (which they view as lazy even though I do more hours than any of them) and they just want to treat me as if I'm earning. Joke's on them though, I'll be on more money than them all starting September :-)

So here's me, still a skint student (which they view as lazy even though I do more hours than any of them) and they just want to treat me as if I'm earning. Joke's on them though, I'll be on more money than them all starting September :-)

In September you can get your own back by ordering the most expensive food and drink and insisting the bill is split evenly!  ;)

Ive spent the last 2 days doing my tax return, my missus has gone to her parents for the weekend so im fending for myself, i look in the freezer and see a meat feast pizza so i thought "im having you", i think eating the box it came in would have tasted better

Ive spent the last 2 days doing my tax return, my missus has gone to her parents for the weekend so im fending for myself, i look in the freezer and see a meat feast pizza so i thought "im having you", i think eating the box it came in would have tasted better

i did get 2k back on my tax return though

In September you can get your own back by ordering the most expensive food and drink and insisting the bill is split evenly!  ;)

He should order the most expensive thing(s) and then offer to pay the extra over and above the others. Though some of his mates may well object, I doubt yer man in question would.

Concerning splitting the bill, I'm with Stefan. Pay for what you had and be sympathetic that not everyone earns as much money right now as you do. It's the only fair way to do it and it's just easier too.

As for your question as to whether this guy is a bit of a prick, I say... a bit? I'd be arguing with this guy constantly if he was in my circle of friends. He sounds like a slightly worse version of one of the members in my circle of friends from uni. Me and her clash all the time, we were even in a band together at one point. Being in a band with your mates is loads of fun, but she just completely ruined it.

In conclusion, bitch-slap this bell-end. People like him need to be called out and taken down a peg or two. 

Edited by Ginko
  • Like 1

Â