Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Choosing Aston Villa.

Hmmm. I'm not sure what's worse, choosing Aston Villa, or having them thrust on you (cheers Dad, you old word removed)? Could be worse, you could be a bluenose. 

Choosing Aston Villa.

Hmmm. I'm not sure what's worse, choosing Aston Villa, or having them thrust on you (cheers Dad, you old word removed)? Could be worse, you could be a bluenose.

At least you never had a choice!

Anyway our years of suffering will finally come to an end this summer :)

A new thread every time somebody dies.

That would be about 100 threads a minute.

"Every toime I click moy fingurs, a new VT thread is added"

• Like 3

As painful as it is, I wouldn't swap Villa for anyone. Not Liverpool, not Chelsea, not United, not Real Madrid. 

Plastic fans, now they annoy me but shouldn't. I mean people can support who they like sure... but with NO hereditary attachment to the area where the club are from? Just because they're famous?

Just like my brother who is a "die-hard" Chelsea fan who's never even been to a professional game of football. I've seen Chelsea about 8 more times than he has.

• Like 4

As painful as it is, I wouldn't swap Villa for anyone. Not Liverpool, not Chelsea, not United, not Real Madrid. 

Plastic fans, now they annoy me but shouldn't. I mean people can support who they like sure... but with NO hereditary attachment to the area where the club are from? Just because they're famous?

Just like my brother who is a "die-hard" Chelsea fan who's never even been to a professional game of football. I've seen Chelsea about 8 more times than he has.

You should try living in a small town in Ireland, where you get abuse of United fans, Liverpool fans & Arsenal fans yet you've seen their team more times than all of them

This comment is about 20-30 years out of date to be honest.  Ever since technology moved forward.

It's the Man Utd 'fans' who have suddenly started supporting Chelsea this year that annoy me.

This comment is about 20-30 years out of date to be honest.  Ever since technology moved forward.

It's the Man Utd 'fans' who have suddenly started supporting Chelsea this year that annoy me.

Agreed. Having absolutely no connection to Birmingham, I was brought up to support Villa my whole life. My brother chose to support Villa then passed that on to me.

Arsenal is the team we would have had the hereditary connection to, on the English side of our family at least.

Agreed. Having absolutely no connection to Birmingham, I was brought up to support Villa my whole life. My brother chose to support Villa then passed that on to me.

Arsenal is the team we would have had the hereditary connection to, on the English side of our family at least.

Just out of interest, is there a similar situation in Holland, where you get people following Ajax, Feyenoord, PSV etc, rather than their local club? 

Edited by dAVe80

Yes, that does happen. The top teams in every country are always going to be the most popular but the good thing with a country the size of Holland is that all of the big cities and most of the larger ones have a team in the top division so I think the support gets spread out a bit better.

Today at the supermarket.

It was quite busy, and the queues at the checkouts were quite long. So I'm standing in one minding my own business when one of the staff came up to me and asked if I'd like to use the baskets only queue instead?

"But I've got a trolley" I protested

"Doesn't matter" she said. "Dave will serve you anyway"

So I trundled over to the basket only queue. And it took **** ages because the logistics of the basket only till can't handle a trolley. No conveyer belt, no big run off area, nowhere for the trolley to sit while you're packing.

And of course, as soon as the guy starts scanning my shopping, 2 people appear behind me with baskets, tutting and shaking their heads at the moron who's using the basket only queue even though he has a trolley.

• Like 3

It was quite busy, and the queues at the checkouts were quite long. So I'm standing in one minding my own business when one of the staff came up to me and asked if I'd like to use the baskets only queue instead?

So I trundled over to the basket only queue. And it took **** ages because the logistics of the basket only till can't handle a trolley. No conveyer belt, no big run off area, nowhere for the trolley to sit while you're packing.

And of course, as soon as the guy starts scanning my shopping, 2 people appear behind me with baskets, tutting and shaking their heads at the moron who's using the basket only queue even though he has a trolley.

I'd like to think that somewhere on another internet forum, in their version of "Things that piss you off..." tread, someone is moaning about the word removed in the supermarket, who went through the baskets only checkout with a trolley.

• Like 2

I'd like to think that somewhere on another internet forum, in their version of "Things that piss you off..." tread, someone is moaning about the word removed in the supermarket, who went through the baskets only checkout with a trolley.

I'd forgive them totally if they were. I felt like a word removed

What did you girlfriend think?

I don't have one. But thanks for reminding me.
  • Like 1

Â