Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

One thing that REALLY irritates me is the expression "my bad". Of all the ridiculous Americanisms to have made it to our shores that is by far the worst. It makes people who use it sound like they have some sort of learning disability. It's appalling English and sounds like something used by uneducated Mexican immigrants in the ghettos of L.A. It's just wrong!!

I was right with you, up until the slightly racist bit at the end. My least favourite Americanism is "you do the math". It's "maths" FFS! 

Im doing well in on topic at the moment. Im so amazingly balanced that even the scrotes are avoiding me because I'm covering every possibility :lol:

You're very happy. I love it :D

• Like 1

I do find it slightly curious that when people moan in here about on topic, they never specify that they're annoyed at the negative posters.

In fact when I did it I explicitly said I was moaning about both negative and positive posters.

Yet its the negative ones who pipe up in here defending themselves when nobody has actually mentioned them... :detect:

• Like 4

One of the top articles on BBC news technology section right now is some coverage of drama on Reddit. What the **** is that. I know researching actual news is probably quite difficult, but come on.

One thing that REALLY irritates me is the expression "my bad". Of all the ridiculous Americanisms to have made it to our shores that is by far the worst. It makes people who use it sound like they have some sort of learning disability. It's appalling English and sounds like something used by uneducated Mexican immigrants in the ghettos of L.A. It's just wrong!!

I was right with you, up until the slightly racist bit at the end. My least favourite Americanism is "you do the math". It's "maths" FFS! 

Didn't mean for it to sound that way. I meant that its something I would expect from people who are not native English speakers and from people who are poorly educated as it is such a ridiculously stupid and incorrect thing to say. And I am fully with you on the maths thing too.

Didn't mean for it to sound that way. I meant that its something I would expect from people who are not native English speakers and from people who are poorly educated as it is such a ridiculously stupid and incorrect thing to say. And I am fully with you on the maths thing too.

OK Nick Griffin, I believe you!  ;)

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 1

OK Nick Griffin, I believe you!  ;)

Now, where's my daily mail.....

• Like 1

Well it beats the awkward silence that says "yeah, we've cut each other out of lives and lived quite happily up until this social event and now we've made eye contact so we have to speak......"

"What you been up to?"  :angry:

• Like 1

Â